Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's finally Friday

Good morning all,
    I thought I would get thread going. Monique is enjoying some time away, and I wish I was there.

Yesterday was busy with Dorothy. We cut 2 1/2 bolts of batting and 4 x 30y bolts of flannel for VQC. We skipped coffee as I had to be back for DH appt to get hearing aids fitted. Wow, lots of instructions. Glad we both went. Between the two of us, we ought to remember. He found it noisy, as he could now hear things he hasn't heard in long time.

This morning, I am going to my cousin's son funeral. He was 48 and had a heart attack at home. I'm not certain how many people will be there, as my cousin has a 10 siblings. They lived on a farm until they all moved away. None of them stayed in farming.

After supper, I will go set up for tomorrow's craft show. I hope I sell lots, as I really am trying to get out of this. I did have a friend tell me recently that she doubts this, as I am passionate about sewing and selling.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's finally Friday

Good Morning Suzanne and those who follow.

Looks like a pretty slow morning around here. I've been piddling around. Mike installed his lighting strips yesterday, he's pleased. I told him the next job around the house that we'll be handing is going to be getting the white cabinets out of the kids play/ school room. I'm going to swap the cabinets in my room with those my dad made. Since Zeke is a climber, he has no fear of climbing up on the base cabinets and pulling the glass doors open. Needless to say, Grandma can see the danger. It's going to be a huge job. All of the cabinets will have to be emptied before anything can be moved. yippee? lol

This afternoon is my VERC lesson. Mike requested this afternoon off. Unfortunately, he's working the afternoon. I'll have to take the bus there and back. There isn't too bad, it's the back that takes forever.

All in all, that's about all I'll get accomplished today. Picture picking is tomorrow. I'm excited about that. I still haven't figured out what I want to get for Dot. I'll text my BIL while I'm riding to see if he can tell me what pictures we have in her living room. That will help.

I love the tutorial today. I have some more of that purple/ blues batiks that I could use. I'd have to figure out a back ground color to go with them, White might work, black would make the batiks pop. I have some of both I may just put them on the table and walk around it to see if either catch my fancy. Better get busy!

Have a great day. It's still drizzly outside, so I'll have to take my rain coat today.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We are supposed to have a warmer day. I took the cat earlier this morn so he can have his blood glucose test done. I hope he appreciated the face I warmed up the car for him. I am off to meet a friend for coffee and catch up. The dog walker/ trainer comes later today.
    I have not felt like sewing for a couple of days. It is suppose to be windy and cold tomorrow. Hopefully I will feel like sewing some more rows. Some days this puppy tires me out from the get go.

Suzanne— hope you sell s lt of goods tomorrow.
    Katrina- your transportation stories are quite entertaining. Hope you get back home without going the scenic route!

Beth

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone - I'm a tad late dropping by today. Had to get up and out early for blood work for my check up next week. I had it done at Labcor at Walgreen and killed a little time waiting for the pharmacy to open so I could pick up my prescription - then got a real shock....she handed me my prescription and said the total is 279.00 - I nearly hit the floor. It's for my Eliquis and yes I'm in the donut hole. But thank heavens I realized it was a 90 day supply and I usually only get a 30 day supply of that one. So then I had to wait around for the pharmacist to get it all switched out. All this on top of NO COFFEE. Can I just say I was a little testy with them in Walgreen today - LOL.

I've been having fun lately making quilted tree ornaments. They can get a lilttle boring, but I do them while whatching tv in the evenings. I'll try to post a few pics later on.

Good luck with your craft show Suzanne.

Have a great day everyone

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....Just a quick pop in for me. Today is Dottie's turn to be groomed and we have to head out before long. The pups got groomed yesterday and they look like two little snowballs and they smell so good. They are cut a little shorter than normal and I can see they are both a little pudgy. I guess I will have to watch their treats a little.

It's supposed to warm up some today. Most of our ice is gone. Tomorrow is opening day of deer firearm hunting season so Jeff will be out of here well before daylight. I will be a hunting widow this weekend or longer if he doesn't get one tomorrow. We donate the meat to a family with 5 sons and they are thrilled to get it.

Monique, have a wonderful time with Les this weekend. Suzanne, so sorry for your loss.

Hugs all around.....

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,
    Getting a late start to the forum today. Tomorrow is our Pilot Club Craft fair and I am running around today getting my things packed up.This year my granddaughter will also be vending and I 'm excited to see how she does. I have to be at the church this afternoon to make sure everything is ready for our vendors tomorrow. It is a lot of work organizing these events, but it all comes together.

Sun is shining today so I' ll also run a few errands while I 'm out.

Well that' s about it for today, wishing everyone a good day!

Suzanne--good luck tomorrow at your craft fair! I sure hope to carry less home than what I'm bringing.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Like many of you, I'm late to the forum today. I woke late and rush to water aerobics. When I got home my son's girlfriend stopped by with her two nieces. They just left and I'm heading out to get lunch for our workers. We own a car wash and it's really busy now that the snow has melted. Tomorrow I will make them chili and sloppy joe's for lunch, just no time today.

I got so much accomplished in my sewing room yesterday. There were no phone calls, disruptions, people to talk to...... My soul needed that.

This afternoon is prayer group then I'm picking up our grandson Max from daycare. He's going to spend the night so I know I won't be back on the computer, or sewing. That's ok, I have better things to do!!!

Blessings to All!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WHoot, whoot, not much of a sight seeing tour today. Thank goodness! I was picked up around 12:15 and still on time for my 10 appt. time.

We worked outside in the yucky, damp, windy weather. I would call it brisk. It was nice to walk outside. I actually got to bring my white cane home this week.

The bus picked me up, at 2:15, and I was home, yes you heard me right, HOME before 2:35! No other pick ups, no other detours. There and back. I just might cook dinner! Nahhhhhhh, we'd already planned to eat out, why dirty up the kitchen!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Katrina, so happy for your short trip home. What a nice surprise. I bet Mike will feel better too.

Well, I went into work at 6 this morning and called it quits at noon. I was the only one from my group in the office today. The other two worked from home, or at least I think they did. Anyway it was very productive without interruptions.

This is a busy weekend. I'm baking the first of two batches of brownies ( nuts & no-nuts) for a sew in tomorrow after the longarm guild meeting. I haven't been in so long, but it is my friend's birthday, so am making a special attempt to be there. When I leave there tomorrow, DGD will be arriving for a sleepover so that DD can go to a concert. That's a wrap for the weekend. Now I need to go cook some gumbo.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

As you all know, I run a bit late. Always. So I'm just getting the backing to my Angela Walters quilt challenge top sewn to size. I'm using the John Flynn diagonal seam method. I was really scared of cutting on the diagonal, absolutely certain that I'd end up with a wavy back.

Separately, I was watching my Clare Rowley Creative Feet instructional DVD, and she suggested stabilizing jersey with her Stick & Rinse stabilizer. I figured that if it works on knit jersey it will work on woven muslin. Bingo! It was a breeze to cut the muslin and nothing is stretching. Love this!

I'm off to get ready for our realtor stopping by. Blessings to all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?