• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Hello from a not so cold Thursday

Good morning friends. Not quite as cold as it was yesterday. True to my word, I did not venture out nor get out of my jammies.

I did finish the 3 table runners and then washed a load of fabric, getting it ready to make something. Other than that, not much happened.

Today we are treating ourselves to a hotel and dinner out in Kingston. And from there tomorrow, we shall head over to Trenton and visit there or a day or two. I will bring along some knitting, Maizyn would like a new scarf, red, black and purple. I also found some other yarn to knit as well.

So have a wonderful day my friends. In case I don't see you tomorrow, have a great weekend too. Catch you on the other side.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • shermur
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2013

Re: Hello from a not so cold Thursday

Morning......

Very drear and cold here this morning....16 degrees. 10 degrees better than yesterday, but still colder than what I would like.

I received two calls from my sisters last night, while I was at work. Of course, I am not allowed to have my cell phone with me in the call center (bogus protocol) and found out while on my short break around 6:30 pm, that my sisters were taking my Dad to the hospital in Springfield, Missouri.
    I felt so helpless and guilty for being so far away and not being able to do anything but pray. I got so worried and anxious while at work, I couldn't focus or concentrate. I requested to leave about 45 minutes early so I could call my sisters back and get updates. I was up until around 2:30 this morning to get the news that my Dad was treated and sent home.
    Situations like this makes me regret the decision to move to Vermont and being away from those I truly love and miss......
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Today I have an appt. for my annual eye exam. The dr. always dilates my eyes, so I'll be wearing the dark glasses on the way home. I have scheduled the fall clean-up with the lawn service for today. The snow in our yard is gone; there are a lot of leaves that need to be picked up.

I came right home after Bible Study yest. a.m. Had a relaxing afternoon. After DH went to bed, I cleaned the bobbin area of my LA, changed the needle, etc. for the next project. I fiddled around with the tension until it was stitching satisfactorily. There was a 2 hr. episode of Survivor last night.

DH is waiting for his breakfast, so no more time now.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Good day all / bonjour à tous,

There's light flurries and -8C. A true winter scene -- I just wish I could stay in today, but not going to happen. This morning I am going with my GF to cut 3 rolls of batting, quilt size for Victoria Quilts. It should take us about an hour unless they also need help on the flannel table. We do this every 6-8 weeks. This will supply 4 groups in our area. This aft, I will go with DH to pick up his hearing aids. That should be interesting.

Yesterday, ran errands, mostly dropping off stuff and the baby quilt was picked up. I sold some baby bibs and burp pads. My bin are by the door for Saturday. I just need to pack tablecloths and props for display. I decided to make some coasters with xmas squares I had, using up scrap batting. I just have to press and do a bit of stitching. I took apart a wide crib skirt that I made for GS. The fabric is cars & trucks. My daughter asked me to make pillowcases, as we both enjoy to recycle. A small project I will be able to make quickly since I got my M* order in 5 days. Yes, you read that right!

Monique - have fun on your getaway. You know that I count at least 7 LQS on the way and many wineries. Safe travels.
        Sherri - I'm happy that your dad was treated, but agree it is stressful to live away from family. I don't remember why you moved to Vermont, but maybe that reason needs re-visiting. Hugs.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe from severe weather patterns.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ginny B
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Good morning everyone. It's a bit warmer here today than it was yesterday. It has been a busy week so far with doing stuff around the house, shopping and last minute things for the craft fair. Today will be final count and packing up the bins day. I've also got to get myself organized for our early Thanksgiving celebration, which will be the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and then get things all set for my California trip.

Monique, don't you just love pajama days! Have a wonderful time on your trip. Sherri, I'm glad to hear your dad was treated and released. It is hard being away from family members. Joy, good luck at the eye doctor. Suzanne, sounds like you will have a busy day.

It's time to move along and get a few more things done. Have a wonderful day all.
          Last edited by Ginny B; November 14, 2019, 06:42 AM.
          Ginny B
          Levittown, NY

Comment

• Mom23
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

Good Morning,

I was getting ready to go to the pool and run errands yesterday morning when hubby walked in with credit card processing problems. It took me until 40 to get everything ironed out. I spent so much time on the phone it was just mentally exhausting. I got so angry with a man from the telephone company I apologized and started crying. I'm not an angry person and am not mean to people. It took two hours to get automatic bill pay off of our account and I finally ended up mailing in a form. I heard on the radio on the way home from WalMart last night that it was National Kindness Day and I cried again out of guilt. I must really be emotional to cry over something so little. Shouldn't every day be National Kindness Day?

After all that I made a frozen pizza for supper and spent the rest of the night in my sewing room. Joy, I started watching Survivor but changed channels. I watch Survivor because it takes me away for problems in today's news, it's a fun show and the can focus every episode on what they want. Last night they choice to head to the direction on the "Me Too" movement and I just wasn't in the mood for it. I watched the Country Music Awards and not one person got political. At 11:15 my MIL called to say their furnace wasn't working. They noticed in the past couple days the thermostat wasn't working right and they would mess with it. She said bring batteries. Hubby went and put new batteries in and it worked. Good grief, couldn't that have been done during day hours if they noticed it wasn't working right? Can you tell I've been in a mood??

Our friend Dave came home from the hospital yesterday. He will need therapy but he's doing well. Meagan's baby got one test result back and things aren't as dismal as they could be. The only indicator of Pompe Disease is from the blood test at the hospital. It's good that he isn't showing any signs yet.

Sewing with the ladies at church was cancelled today due to an icy parking lot. I'm going to do laundry, cook a decent meal and sew to my heart's content today.

images.jpg
            Robin

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2014

Good Morning all,

It's a cloudy day here, temps will be in the mid 20's, and of course it's windy.....always windy. The wind gets on my nerves sometimes. It's always a welcome relief when we can go to the cabin in the summer....no wind.

I felt sort of "blah" yesterday. I was in the middle of some embroidery, bobbin ran out, so I changed it, but when I started again, the bobbin thread was showing all around the edges of the design. I was too uninspired to mess with it. Maybe today. I didn't accomplish much yesterday; watched too much TV, and spent too much time on the computer. I hope I have more get up and go today.

Sherri, I'm sorry to hear about your dad, but happy for you that he could be treated and released.
              Monique, have a wonderful road trip and enjoy the time with family.
              Robin, I can certainly empathize with how you were feeling yesterday. We need to remember "this too will pass."
              Ginny, good luck at the craft show!
              Joy, I hope your eye exam has good results. My eye doctor has me coming in every 6 months. She's watching some issues related to
              my diabetes.

Looking hard for the daily blessing, Jeanne

Comment

• KPH
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

I can't believe it's almost 10 already! So much for my plans to hit the ground running this morning. lol

Yesterday was busy, a trip to Ikea after Zeke left for the day. Mike and I had lunch there. We wormed around the store. I'm getting used to the lay out, but I still get twisted around in this Ikea. Mike was looking at lighting for the stereo cabinet that my Dad had. He's using the stereo area as a display case and it's so dark, you can't see what he's displaying. We had a hard time finding someone to help us, so he started shopping on line while we looked for a yellow shirt. Needless to say, we came home with... an umbrella. Yep, no lights. My big umbrella finally gave up the ghost last summer, first time I've thought of replacing it (mainly because it looked really dark and dank).

We went home, and Mike ordered 2 lighting sets from Amazon. I used my prime account, so Mike went to the bank to get the cash to pay me back. The light sets have already been delivered this morning. Two more packages should arrive today. One in the mail, one by UPS. Shopping online is quickly becoming my way to do business since I can't drive.

Saturday is going to see pictures day. I've got to get organized.. what kind of pictures do I need for Dot, and the kids. Going to have family pictures done for the first time without Howard was hard. I'm hoping I won't break down picking new pictures.

If I'm going to get anything done in my sewing room, I'd best get started. It's a mess! For someone that hasn't sewn anything in a while, it's a home school prep mess!

Have a great day!
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• shermur
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2013

[QUOTESherri - I'm happy that your dad was treated, but agree it is stressful to live away from family. I don't remember why you moved to Vermont, but maybe that reason needs re-visiting. Hugs.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe from severe weather patterns.[/QUOTE]

Suzanne - it is with so much regret that I moved to Vermont. The main reason was to make my husband happy and stay married. You are correct, I should have thought more before coming to a place I can't stand. It is evident my happiness means nothing. The only pro vs con regarding of where I live, is upholding my wedding vows. And now, I feel trapped...there is no money or even time to get myself back where I belong.
                  Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• auntiemern
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

Good day all. Have fun on your trip Monique. Good luck at your craft fair Ginny. Hope all is well with they eyes Joy. Robin, we all have those days. No need to feel guilty, You are truly one of the kindest people I know....but stress does catch up with us, and sometime it comes out of our mouths...y'all know that to be true with me. But then I have no filter either, lol. Sherri. maybe you just need to try to come home for an extended visit.
                    I am still working on resupplying my inventory from the last show. Will have the kiddo's for dinner tonight, and oldest wants meatloaf, so I guess that is on the menu for tonight. DH is busy getting ready to leave for a week of deer hunting. I am soooo looking forward to that.....with him being retired, and me glued to my sewing machine, there hasn't been much separated time recently....and I NEED that. I am one of those people that LOVES to be alone, and does not like to have someone in my 'space' 24/7. I guess that comes from all the years of working at home by myself while he was at work, and the kids were in school. When he retired in 2001 I lost that 'freedom'. Add to that being the full time babysitter of all 3 of our grand kids for the past 16+ years, leaves little "me" time. Some people like that 24/7 thing...but I am NOT one of them. While I don't have the kids full time anymore, I do still have him full time, lol.
                    Enough of that. Time to get busy. Blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.
                    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                    sigpic

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2013

Good morning! It is one of those day of once the feet hit the ground, there isn't time for stopping with a full list of places to be and things to do. This morning there is a missionary from Southeast Asia coming in to speak at the church. All the older children wanted to go listen as they enjoy hearing about missionaries' lives and work. So we are headed there and thankfully, there is a soup luncheon to follow so I don't have to worry about lunch. There is school work to get done this afternoon along with laundry. Then tonight is the challenge of trying to be in three locations at once. I told one that I won't make it, another that I could be there for a bit then I had to head to the third meeting. Sonic is taking care of supper tonight as it is $1 hot dogs - it will be a very early supper but everyone will be fed before I take those who also have to be somewhere to their event. And they can grab a snack before bed which they usually do, no matter what time supper is.

Hugs and prayers for those who need them. And for those who are headed to do something fun, have a great time!

Have a sweet Thursday everyone

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2012

Good morning! Yes it is still morning here! I sort of hit the ground runn8ng. Y daughter is coming in tonight for the weekend. So I need to tidy up her “ suite”, get the kitchen tidied up, and run the vacuum cleaner. I got my laundry folded and put away and pressed shirts and pants for my actors in the military play I costumed. They need to look a little bit pressed, most of the shirts and pants are not 100% cotton, so they didn’t need too much attention.

Yesterday, my fellow costumer prevailed upon me to embroider some pieces she wanted to use as appliqués for some costumes she wants to finish for a Christmas project she and I are working on. I know the machine does most of the work, but I have to babysit it to change threads and reboot new items. It took a lot longer than my mind wanted to spend on it. Then she pops up after about 3 hours of working with, “ can you make me 4 ties for the men?” Why the heck she didn’t come up with that request ( and the fabric!) earlier in the day, I don’t know. Grumpily, I gave her fabric and pattern and had her cut them out and I started constructing them. Grrrr!

Taking a break right now, but will get going on my day soon. The sun is shining, so there is that perk to melt our snow!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                          Missouri Star
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by shermur View Post
                          [QUOTESherri - I'm happy that your dad was treated, but agree it is stressful to live away from family. I don't remember why you moved to Vermont, but maybe that reason needs re-visiting. Hugs.
                          .[/QUOTE

Suzanne - it is with so much regret that I moved to Vermont. The main reason was to make my husband happy and stay married. You are correct, I should have thought more before coming to a place I can't stand. It is evident my happiness means nothing. The only pro vs con regarding of where I live, is upholding my wedding vows. And now, I feel trapped...there is no money or even time to get myself back where I belong.
                          Sherri - that's a tough pill to swallow. I'm sorry that your husband isn't more sympathetic. I respect your decision to uphold wedding vows, and stick it out. It's your decision. But surely he has noticed you are not happy there, employment is difficult for you and it makes you more dependent on him. Wedding vows work both ways. Happy wife = happy life. Hugs.
                          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Granny Judy
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2011

stopped in to say a "Howdy Do" to everyone and see what's happening with my quilting buddies. I don't handle the cold very well. This ol body just gets all achy and wants to hibernate. I gotta force myself to get to the sewing room and work for a few moments on some quilting today. I've been lazy about getting in there and working for a while each day. Missed 3 days this week already .

Went out yesterday to get my hair done.. I was looking pretty shaggy and needed to be groomed. It made me feel better once I was finished with the whole process. Perm and styled. And it did warm up a little around here.. but temps are still in the freezing range.

I bundled up and took the "boys" out side for a romp.. They were acting like I was punishing them.. just getting their "coats" on was a choir. who knew they had gained weight and needed bigger sweaters.. So the rain jackets had to do a double duty and I ordered new/bigger sweaters for the three. And decided to put them all on a diet! I have already caught the rest of the household members handing out treats. I can already see I'm gonna fail at this diet thing.

Gotta get moving in hopes I can get some sewing time today. Hugs to all and prayer to those in need. Oh, heck, I'll just say a prayer for all of us.. and let the Lord sort it all out. He's better at that job than Me.
                            Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                            :icon_wave:

Comment

• JCY
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jul 2013

Back again ~ Things are a bit blurry, since I had my eyes dilated at the eye appt. this a.m. I did have a change in my Rx. Both DH & I need to get new lenses. My cataracts still are early stages. No evidence of mac. degen. etc. I do have Type 2 Diabetes, so I need to guard my vision. My last 2 A1Cs were 5.9, which is good. I take a low dose of Metformin.

Sherri ~ I feel bad for your feeling isolated from your family. When we moved to CO 41 yrs. ago (for DH's job with a major corp.), it put us far away from our families in the Pac. N.W. It put a greater burden on my sis, who lived in OR & was an all day drive away. My bro. was in TN, so there was no help there. I do believe we should be committed to our marriage vows, but sometimes it's not an easy road. I hope you can make new friends at church, a quilt guild, etc. or other opportunities in your community. See if there is a Bible Study Fellowship chapter in your area. I've made so many new friends in BSF. Don't be a hermit; that's not healthy. If necessary , seek counseling. It is possible to find contentment even in difficult situations. God bless you.

Comment

Working...
                              X