Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from a not so cold Thursday

Good morning! It is one of those day of once the feet hit the ground, there isn't time for stopping with a full list of places to be and things to do. This morning there is a missionary from Southeast Asia coming in to speak at the church. All the older children wanted to go listen as they enjoy hearing about missionaries' lives and work. So we are headed there and thankfully, there is a soup luncheon to follow so I don't have to worry about lunch. There is school work to get done this afternoon along with laundry. Then tonight is the challenge of trying to be in three locations at once. I told one that I won't make it, another that I could be there for a bit then I had to head to the third meeting. Sonic is taking care of supper tonight as it is $1 hot dogs - it will be a very early supper but everyone will be fed before I take those who also have to be somewhere to their event. And they can grab a snack before bed which they usually do, no matter what time supper is.

Hugs and prayers for those who need them. And for those who are headed to do something fun, have a great time!

Have a sweet Thursday everyone

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Yes it is still morning here! I sort of hit the ground runn8ng. Y daughter is coming in tonight for the weekend. So I need to tidy up her “ suite”, get the kitchen tidied up, and run the vacuum cleaner. I got my laundry folded and put away and pressed shirts and pants for my actors in the military play I costumed. They need to look a little bit pressed, most of the shirts and pants are not 100% cotton, so they didn’t need too much attention.

Yesterday, my fellow costumer prevailed upon me to embroider some pieces she wanted to use as appliqués for some costumes she wants to finish for a Christmas project she and I are working on. I know the machine does most of the work, but I have to babysit it to change threads and reboot new items. It took a lot longer than my mind wanted to spend on it. Then she pops up after about 3 hours of working with, “ can you make me 4 ties for the men?” Why the heck she didn’t come up with that request ( and the fabric!) earlier in the day, I don’t know. Grumpily, I gave her fabric and pattern and had her cut them out and I started constructing them. Grrrr!

Taking a break right now, but will get going on my day soon. The sun is shining, so there is that perk to melt our snow!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    [QUOTESherri - I'm happy that your dad was treated, but agree it is stressful to live away from family. I don't remember why you moved to Vermont, but maybe that reason needs re-visiting. Hugs.
    .[/QUOTE

Suzanne - it is with so much regret that I moved to Vermont. The main reason was to make my husband happy and stay married. You are correct, I should have thought more before coming to a place I can't stand. It is evident my happiness means nothing. The only pro vs con regarding of where I live, is upholding my wedding vows. And now, I feel trapped...there is no money or even time to get myself back where I belong.
    Sherri - that's a tough pill to swallow. I'm sorry that your husband isn't more sympathetic. I respect your decision to uphold wedding vows, and stick it out. It's your decision. But surely he has noticed you are not happy there, employment is difficult for you and it makes you more dependent on him. Wedding vows work both ways. Happy wife = happy life. Hugs.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

6. Thanks shermur thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

stopped in to say a "Howdy Do" to everyone and see what's happening with my quilting buddies. I don't handle the cold very well. This ol body just gets all achy and wants to hibernate. I gotta force myself to get to the sewing room and work for a few moments on some quilting today. I've been lazy about getting in there and working for a while each day. Missed 3 days this week already .

Went out yesterday to get my hair done.. I was looking pretty shaggy and needed to be groomed. It made me feel better once I was finished with the whole process. Perm and styled. And it did warm up a little around here.. but temps are still in the freezing range.

I bundled up and took the "boys" out side for a romp.. They were acting like I was punishing them.. just getting their "coats" on was a choir. who knew they had gained weight and needed bigger sweaters.. So the rain jackets had to do a double duty and I ordered new/bigger sweaters for the three. And decided to put them all on a diet! I have already caught the rest of the household members handing out treats. I can already see I'm gonna fail at this diet thing.

Gotta get moving in hopes I can get some sewing time today. Hugs to all and prayer to those in need. Oh, heck, I'll just say a prayer for all of us.. and let the Lord sort it all out. He's better at that job than Me.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again ~ Things are a bit blurry, since I had my eyes dilated at the eye appt. this a.m. I did have a change in my Rx. Both DH & I need to get new lenses. My cataracts still are early stages. No evidence of mac. degen. etc. I do have Type 2 Diabetes, so I need to guard my vision. My last 2 A1Cs were 5.9, which is good. I take a low dose of Metformin.

Sherri ~ I feel bad for your feeling isolated from your family. When we moved to CO 41 yrs. ago (for DH's job with a major corp.), it put us far away from our families in the Pac. N.W. It put a greater burden on my sis, who lived in OR & was an all day drive away. My bro. was in TN, so there was no help there. I do believe we should be committed to our marriage vows, but sometimes it's not an easy road. I hope you can make new friends at church, a quilt guild, etc. or other opportunities in your community. See if there is a Bible Study Fellowship chapter in your area. I've made so many new friends in BSF. Don't be a hermit; that's not healthy. If necessary , seek counseling. It is possible to find contentment even in difficult situations. God bless you.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, shermur thanked for this post