• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

It is a bitter cold Wednesday

Good morning friends. We have broken the record for the coldest Nov 13th. ((Brrrrr))

I had a good day at work, not busy. I did get some quilting done and that's a good thing. I will probably get into the sewing room today to finish some table runners. Oh hubby didn't take me out for supper,

Not sure yet but we may be going to Trenton for the weekend and spend it with Phil.

Have a great day everyone. Blessing and prayers for all those who need it.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JulieC
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2016

Re: It is a bitter cold Wednesday

Good Morning, Everyone!

No record setting temps here, but we were close. Highs near 30 today. The snow is done, we got maybe half an inch, which was not bad. Our yard guy also does snow removal, he sent me a very competitive quote last night. I may switch from our regular guys...who subcontracted out. They will do Mom's drive and mine. We usually get a little bit of a break because we are across the street from each other.

I'm working a half day today. I have a dentist appointment around 12:30 pm. I made an appointment at another memory care facility after that. They are near the dentist, I figured I might as well see them while I was in the neighborhood. One more visit next week, then I think I can narrow the list down and my sister and I can choose. No one place is perfect (so far). Each one has advantages and disadvantages. I'm looking forward to hearing my sister's input.

Time to get ready for work. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• shermur
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2013

It is 6 degrees here....IMO, if it is below 50 degrees? It is too cold for me. This weather makes me miss "home" all of the more.

Starting new job at this end of this week......
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Good Morning...Another frigid day, but it's supposed to be 17 degrees warmer today. That should put us at 20 degrees or so. Get the flip flops out!

If I can make it out of our road to the highway I may try to go to the grocery store here in town today. Jeff is going hunting this weekend locally and he's laying in supplies and needs mini donuts to have with his coffee. A friend of ours has a huge farm outside Licking and Jeff has permission to hunt her land.

I have a new project to embroider..the cutest Westie wearing a Santa hat. Thanks Laura!

Wishing everyone a great day. Stay safe and warm....Hugs, Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It was colder last night than it is this a.m. It was in the mid-30's when I went to bed, but it warmed up in the night. It was 52 when I got up, then dropped to 46. It's supposed to be nice weather till the week end.

Yest. a.m. was the baby shower & potluck. In the afternoon I worked on my Bible study lesson. Then it was off to guild, which starts at 6:30. I try to leave the house before 6 p.m. so I can get a decent parking spot. I don't like driving in the dark now. Traffic is heavy at that time of day. Much lighter at 8:30 on the way home. I'm not keen about driving in the dark now. The winning quilts from last month's show were shown & the winners got their ribbons. Some spectacular quilts, for sure. Our guest speaker was Kathy Gaul from Meeting House Designs -- Dimensional Wool Applique Art Designed for Distinction. She's based in Colorado Springs. There were several tables of her art on display; she gave an hour long presentation using a power point. Very interesting.

Today is Bible Study Fellowship; it's my week to play the piano. Now with this arthritis problem in my hands, it's not as easy. I can't improvise as much as I used to.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Brrr - boy it's cold out there. Currently -12 Celsius, and will be warming up to -6C. Snow looks like it's here to stay.

I got a lot of small projects and items nagging me done in the sewing room yesterday. I will continue to tackle the list today. I need to get a battery for my watch. DH wants to look at watches when we go. A few errands, and not much else planned today. I have many ideas in my head for craft show items, but I am resigned to sell what I have and not stress about making more things.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay warm, dry and safe from Mother Nature.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2014

Good morning all,

We had a south wind all day yesterday, and it will "warm up" into the 20's today! At least no snow predicted for the near future...gotta look for those daily blessings! It sounds like all of you are having a chilly start to your day.

My embroidery machine and I reached a truce yesterday, and I was able to get a couple of projects finished.

Time to get a second cup of coffee!
              Jeanne

Comment

• KPH
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2015

100_0568.JPG Zeke wanted to see what was in the treasure chest in Grandma's bedroom. He found the toboggan Wesley made for me the last time we were in IN for Christmas.

While I was in there, I found something I want to make something with. Grandma Mac saved her lace blouse and Grandpa's blue shirt they wore at their wedding. I'm debating... a ring bearer's pillow, a Bible cover... for future weddings. I'm not sure. Any other ideas? Both are in excellent shape considering they're 90 + years old. I also have a yard of Irish Lace Great grandmother Faires bought from a traveling sales man/ peddler before grandma got married... it's well over 100 years old. I hate to see all of these things just sitting in a 'treasure chest' especially since I have two boys that will probably just donate it all anyway.

Well, back to the boy and cartoons. It's good snuggling weather here, but no where near what the rest of you are dealing with. Come on down if you need a break!
                Katrina
                From NC, retired in FL
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• baslp
                  The Guild President
                  • Sep 2012

Good morning. It is 28 degrees here it will be a crazy day for me. I have to leave soon to tutor. then I have a neck mas.sage, run home for lunch, and head off to another appointment. I am hosting our cont Ed book club tonight. I have to buy goodies to serve. My DH is the speaker.
                  I did get a lot done on my quilt yesterday while the dogs were being groomed.

Have a good day and stay warm!
                  Beth

Comment

• Claire Hallman
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

A calm and easy day for me today. I am just changing linens then working on a folded fabric Christmas tree project. I got all the satin stitching done yesterday, today I will sew sections together. I was having tension problems and discovered one of my bobbins had split the side partly off, no wonder it was wonky.
                    It is close to record cold here, not sure exactly how cold it got last night but into the 20s. After record highs in Sept this is a shock. I agree that under 50 is too cold. We do have wonderful heat though so not really a problem.
                    Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Mom23
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jun 2011

Good Morning,

Katrina, Zeke is a little cutie and sure brings a smile to my face.

Monday was spent in the kitchen creating freezer meals with my daughter. Our friend Dave had a stroke Saturday and is coming home from the hospital tonight. He will need therapy for some paralysis but is doing much better than first expected. Niece Meagan was to find out the Pompe test results on her baby yesterday. I'm not going to bother them, I will hear the results soon enough. Friday is a big party for DD's friend Holly who just completed chemotherapy for breast cancer. Right now I have a freezer full of food for all of them.

Yesterday I was to work in the office in the morning and in my sewing room in the afternoon. I didn't make it out of the office until 10:30 last night. One thing led to another and I just wanted to put some stuff behind me. This morning I'm waiting for our business credit card processing company to open their doors. They are requesting pages of paperwork to be filled out and I'm needing a lot of help. Looks like today's sewing might be limited as well.

On the bright side, we still have snow and frigid temps, and I don't have to leave the house. That reminds me, I didn't wander out to get the mail yesterday. I will have to step outside a little today!

Blessings to All.
                      Robin

Comment

• Simply Quilting
                        Missouri Star
                        • Dec 2013

Good morning! Today is cold but much warmer than the past two days. One of the items that I am hoping to get done is sorting and picking up crafty items that a local business donated to our 4-H club. Yes, it that order - she said that I could sort through the stuff and anything not wanted could be left and just take what I wanted.

Another task on my agenda is getting a new clipboard that stores papers and pens in it. The one that I had yesterday meet its sad end with the tile floor at Aldi's when it fell off the cart as a little boy started to pull the cart. It was an accident so nothing to get upset over. I have had to replace it before as it gets used so much that they get dropped and other things.

I am going to try to spend a little time in the sewing room this afternoon. First task up is sorting all of the various pieces of fabric from the quilt into one of six sections for the quilt. I decided this was the best way as there are so many different sizes of fabrics to deal with.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

• KPH
                          Missouri Star
                          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Mom23 View Post
                          Good Morning,

Katrina, Zeke is a little cutie and sure brings a smile to my face.

Monday was spent in the kitchen creating freezer meals with my daughter. Our friend Dave had a stroke Saturday and is coming home from the hospital tonight. He will need therapy for some paralysis but is doing much better than first expected. Niece Meagan was to find out the Pompe test results on her baby yesterday. I'm not going to bother them, I will hear the results soon enough. Friday is a big party for DD's friend Holly who just completed chemotherapy for breast cancer. Right now I have a freezer full of food for all of them.

Yesterday I was to work in the office in the morning and in my sewing room in the afternoon. I didn't make it out of the office until 10:30 last night. One thing led to another and I just wanted to put some stuff behind me. This morning I'm waiting for our business credit card processing company to open their doors. They are requesting pages of paperwork to be filled out and I'm needing a lot of help. Looks like today's sewing might be limited as well.

On the bright side, we still have snow and frigid temps, and I don't have to leave the house. That reminds me, I didn't wander out to get the mail yesterday. I will have to step outside a little today!

Blessings to All.
                          Robin, when he saw his picture he said "I'm the Christmas Tiger, on the way to Tiger World!" He's a joy to be around.
                          Katrina
                          From NC, retired in FL
                          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                          X