Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I just had to get it.

The Oliso has never tempted me. It's a cute iron with the M* logo, etc., but I'm not willing to pay that much for an iron. A person could buy a lot of inexpensive irons for that cost. My Black & Decker is holding up just fine, so far.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm super tempted by the M* Oliso, but I own too many irons already!

I love my older Panasonic cordless (shaped like an iron, not a football). But last week, I accidentally got Steam-A-Seam on the edges, and my Bo-Nash iron cleaner only worked on the lighter gunk. I found a link here on the forum for a vinegar and baking soda idea, which I'll try soon. I'm so sad to have gummed up my favorite iron!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post

I love my older Panasonic cordless (shaped like an iron, not a football). But last week, I accidentally got Steam-A-Seam on the edges, and my Bo-Nash iron cleaner only worked on the lighter gunk. I found a link here on the forum for a vinegar and baking soda idea, which I'll try soon. I'm so sad to have gummed up my favorite iron!
    Try dryer sheets - fresh out of the package. Let the iron get almost totally cool and wipe the spot with a dryer sheet. I have found they take almost anything off a warm iron. Including the sticky residue from steam-a-seam.
    Debbie

4. Thanks cv quilter thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post

Place a dryer sheet on a towel and iron directly over the dryer sheet. That's what I do and it removes any sticky stuff from my iron when this happens to me.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have three very good irons and can't justify buying another regardless of how darling it is....I love the way it looks!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Do I need it? No. Is it a cutie? Yes. Do I want it? Yes. Will I buy it? Let me see... Two yes & only one no. Looking good. I'll show it to my sweet DH. He can give it to me for Christmas. Maybe, hopefully. Sigh.

Gina

8. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post