Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Search engine unreliable

This is one of the major reasons I don't shop here. I type in navy blue fabric, okay a page comes up. I click on page two and it says 'Sorry, we couldn't find anything for your search. Here are some of our most popular products instead." and it switched to a bunch of misc stuff.

After about three times it's forget it. I won't believe that there are only one page of that color.

Lorie

2. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Search engine unreliable

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    This is one of the major reasons I don't shop here. I type in navy blue fabric, okay a page comes up. I click on page two and it says 'Sorry, we couldn't find anything for your search. Here are some of our most popular products instead." and it switched to a bunch of misc stuff.

After about three times it's forget it. I won't believe that there are only one page of that color.
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/sear...he+Yard&page=1

Yup, awful search engine. here's what I got using Google instead. Hope it helps.
    Diana Grey

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Really big difference!
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome find hulamoon and thank you for saying something and not just moving on!! It’s super helpful. So we just completely upgraded our search engine a week ago and have been seeing what bugs surfaced before we really went nuts talking about it.

a few positives, the results are WAY better (anyone remember searching for thread and only getting block magazines? Not anymore!! ) also we can do some things like make sure the right things are showing (think audit search results) - I was playing with the results of if you search for Panels a few days ago, we’re putting a whole team around making the results better and better which is awesome.

We’re on the bug now, should have a fix in a few hours up. Love the feedback, and hopefully the first page of results for navy fabric were pretty good, now I’ll just get you the rest of those pages

here’s to a way better search! Hooray!

6. Thanks Kgrammiecaz, MSN, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very clever Diana!

Bill I'm happy you don't mind constructive criticism

Lorie

8. Thanks MSN thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Just to follow up here it’s all fixed up. So give it a shot, results should be way more relevant (navy fabric is now legit navy fabric) and you can now view them all. Lmk what you think

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Al, you know we're all your biggest cheerleaders, right? You need to let the forum be your Beta testers! Pretty please, let us know when you're upgrading the website. That way we'll know that something's different, we'll know that we're helping, and you'll know that you're helping us avoid frustration. Win Win!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

11. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    Al, you know we're all your biggest cheerleaders, right? You need to let the forum be your Beta testers! Pretty please, let us know when you're upgrading the website. That way we'll know that something's different, we'll know that we're helping, and you'll know that you're helping us avoid frustration. Win Win!
    You know I almost always do that, this one I thought I could sneak through and not have any trouble famous last words "it's just a quick upgrade"

13. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Working great! If I find another glitch I'll be sure to mention it.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    You know I almost always do that, this one I thought I could sneak through and not have any trouble famous last words "it's just a quick upgrade"
    Oh, Al. Every programmer's famous last words!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?