Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's a white Tuesday

Yes, snow has come. I am not sure if it will stick or not, I am hoping not!!

Good morning everyone. We had a very nice service here in town yesterday. My son looks so handsome in his uniform. I didn't do much in the afternoon except laundry.

Today is a work day for both of us. My neighbour is going to take hubby to work. Luckily we had the snow tires installed yesterday. I am going to take Bonnie's quilt with me again today. I don't know what happened with it, but one corner on the back seemed to be cut off where it shouldn't have been. Came up a little short. I had more of the same fabric from Bonnie's stash so I was able to add to this corner. There was too much quilting already done so no way I was going to pick it out. So now that I have repaired that part, I will continue to quilt it. After work, I have to go pick up hubby. Not sure what supper will be. Hopefully he will take me out, haha.

Have a wonderful day friends. Prayers going out to those who need it.
    Last edited by Monique; November 12th, 2019 at 08:38 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's a white TuesdayT-bird59

Good Morning,

Keeping my fingers crossed for your dinner out, Monique. We went out last night for Jim's birthday. It was one of those nights where, it was alright, but nothing really great. Three of us tried the green bean casserole, and we have 3 votes NOT again! It was disappointing. Morgan's broccoli was flavorless. I was rather disappointed. Oh well, Jim got free cake and I didn't have to bake one!

It's a home school day. Jim will be bringing the boy. I have everything ready and the second load in the washer. The first load should come out of the dryer before he gets here.

We'll see what else happens today. I have a feeling, I'm going to need a nap.

Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's a white Tuesday

Good morning! We got about an inch of snow in southern KY, it stuck mostly on the grass. It's really cold and windy. I don't think I'll go outside much today...one of the perks of retirement. LOL! I hope you get to go out for supper Monique. I don't like to cook so I accept any and all offers to eat out.
    I'm working on a patriotic quilt that the guild is making. I taught the class on how to make the block so I get to finish making the quilt. We hope to donate it to a veteran at our local nursing home. My Juki piecing machine is being serviced so I'm using another machine that's slower and doesn't have a thread cutter. You don't realize how much you love these things 'til you've had them and they're taken away. Keep warm everyone!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! It's back to work today. We had snow overnight -- the city plow was out this morning, but it looks like less than half an inch in the driveway. More snow expected later today. I really need to see what's going on with our snow removal. There was a change, so we're not signed up for this year (yet). They come out when there is 2" or more.

I finished all of my cooking yesterday. Tonight is family dinner night and I don't have a dessert. I may have to run out at lunchtime to pick something up. Good thing there is a Fresh Thyme near work -- their cheesecake is very good...and comes in a small, single-serving size.

The two memory care facilities I visited yesterday were very nice. I wish the one had given me a copy of their activities calendar. I would prefer it if Mom were engaged and not left to her own devices. Not that she'd get in any trouble. She would spend her day in her room, endlessly sorting papers. She does that at home, now.

I'd better put the lining in my winter coat before heading off to work. Highs in the upper 20's today. Have a great day!

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! BRRRRR! is it cold outside. The snow is mostly gone but the cold weather is not. It is 6 degrees F which is way too cold for this time of year. Yesterday I stayed in all day until I went to the funeral visitation in the evening. The little bit that I was out was an excellent reminder to sew buttons on my coat so that I can attach the hood again. And that is exactly what I did after I got back home. After visitation, some of us ladies from the sewing group went out to get a bite to eat. I told one of the ladies, who I have only met a couple of times, that I like going out to dinner with her but we have to stop doing it this way (after we get done with funerals/visitations).

Today's activities include eye appointments for 4 of us. I know it is cold but I really didn't want to reschedule that many appointments. Who knew back in September when I made these appointments that it would be this cold in November? I have already put the winter gear into the van so it is there if we ever need it. Then the other is getting the dog's nails trimmed today. I had considered going to the other visitation that I need to go to but with it being in the evening, over 2 hours one way to travel, the deer are on the move, and as cold as it is, I think it is safer to stay home this evening.

Not sure if I will get any sewing done today or not.

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It’s raining this morning, and we may see some wet snowflakes. the cold air then moves in. Not much on my agenda for today. The groomer comes this afternoon, so I will be doing animal control.
    I have been trying to do some sewing. I only have 2 more rows to sew on my quilt. Then I can sew them all together and get it ready for the quilter. I am ready to start a new project!

Have a good day.
    Beth

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ The snow yest. quit ~9 a.m. & the sun came out. Our neighbor shoveled the driveway & front walk before daylight. Our snow angel from church came ~9:45 & shoveled. A lot of snow melted; by afternoon the street, driveway, & walks were dry. Our high was 34. Low this a.m. is 16. It's supposed to warm up into the mid-50's & be nice the rest of the week.

I finished the panel baby quilt yest. afternoon. Got the label sewed on it & the other boy quilt I'm gifting today. I took pics while there still was sunlight, & imported them, but I haven't had time to downsize them for posting.

The baby shower is at 11 a.m. This eve. is guild. DH always is uneasy when I go out at night. He tried to talk me into staying home tonight. I told him it's the only night I go anywhere & I'm going. He'll be in bed, so it shouldn't matter.

Time to fix his breakfast, then mix up my 5 Cup Salad (Ambrosia) for the potluck, which we're having with the shower.

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Yep it's cold here too. 9 degrees. Hard for a body to take when it was 70 Sunday. Got s little bit of sewing done yesterday. We also got a little over an inch of snow. As expected, they called school off early so DH had to go pick up the girls early. I don't drive in the stuff, unless I absolutely have to. He has a 4WD truck. They are out of school today because of the extreme low temperature. The administration doesn't want kids standing at bus stops in those circumstances. I will be heading out in a bit to go get Gabe, and most likely Brianna. Kenz may want to stay at home. I'm fine with that. She is a very responsible young lady. While Brianna is older, she is much more attached to her Gran, so most likely she will want to come here.
    Have a wonderful y'all. Stay warm and dry. Blessings to all, prayers for those in need.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes,it is cold! Like Marilyn said, we got snow, which continued most of the day! I was supposed to host a religious study group, but we cancelled it, so I got to sew and nap and sew some more. Trying a pattern I have wanted to do for years, called “Sidelights” which works with panels and coordinates. I wanted to make quilts for my director and assistant director of the Play I am working on, but needed something that went together quickly. I had several panels just begging to be used and fit the theme of the play. A snow day gave me the perfect opportunity to get them started. Need to attach borders, then quilt, I may just get it done by Sunday!

Keep warm!

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's beginning to feel a lot like xmas.... Woke up to this. It was to be 4" but I think we got more. Going to hibernate and decide later today if I will go to Guild meeting tonight. DH got the snowblower going. Yeah!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	161305

Yesterday a friend dropped off the quilt I made for her niece's baby. I will add an embroidered label with the baby's name and date of birth. Also my GF dropped by and we went to drop off some VQC quilts to ladies who will deliver to cancer patients. One of them gave us a huge bag of decorator fabrics to make VQC bags. I also visited mom. She had a lot of activities, and when she gets overtired, she gets confused. She thought she was 69. Not good. JulieC - mom's facility has a good number of community volunteers who bring them to activities and keep them social. I hope that you are able to find the ideal place for your mom.

I bought this sweater this weekend and it will be my inspiration for a quilt. What do you think?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	161306

I have a long list of fast/short things to do today. Need to get these done, or they will nag me. I will also call the older member who gave me a quilt she wanted quilted. I had not said yes, but she left it behind for me at our last meeting. I don't quilt for others, and hers is queen+. It's a mix of questionable fabrics. She gave me yardage for back and didn't wash/ piece. I will call to give it back with names of LAQ. My only charity is VQC and this keeps me very busy.

Have an enjoyable day. Stay warm, dry and safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

20. Thanks Monique thanked for this post