Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's a white Tuesday

Good morning all,

No snow here, but is it ever windy!!

Yesterday was a resting day for me...I'm always wiped out after working a weekend at J's. I played a little with the embroidery machine, but nothing really matched my expectations. I'll try a couple of projects today. I need some more colors of thread, but that will have to wait until Friday when I work again. Also, those of you with embroidery machines, do you use prewound bobbins, or do you wind your own?

I hope you find a blessing in your day.
    Jeanne

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No no no to any snow! Folks in the South don't know how to drive in sunshine so don't send any of the frozen precip. down here. Of course you can send ALL of the sunshine & blue skies you can spare. I can stand some cold (just a little) and as long as my feet are warm I'm okay. Gave a pass on working in my sewing room. Woke up with a case of blahs. Finally finished my lovely chore of Shredding we will go. May look for a book to read waiting for my sewing mojo to thaw out. Brrrr! I'm already ready for Spring.

Stay warm & if you have to venture out stay safe as well. Hope all have a great day.

Gina

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's a white TuesdayT-bird59

Hi Everyone....Our power just came on. We don't have much snow but there's a layer of ice everywhere. It's also just 17 degrees with wind. Thought I would freeze when I took the Girls out. I hope everyone is warm and safe.

Hugs....

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne ~ That's way more snow than we got here. It got up to 58 today & the rest of our snow (in our yard, at least) has melted. People with north facing yards still have snow on their lawns & roofs. It's supposed to be in the 50's & 60's all week.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It was really nice this morning. Mike came home from work and washed the car. Naturally, it rained later this afternoon. Nothing heavy, just enough to make a mess of his hard work.

Tonight it's supposed to get cold here... yeah, I know in the 40s isn't really cold. The way some folks act around here you'd think they were up at the north pole.

Home school for me is done for this week. I'm ready to do something that I'd like to do! Zeke will be here tomorrow morning. I kind of hope he'd like to veg out and watch Mickey, I won't get that lucky. We'll see what he chooses.

Have a great evening. I'm still waiting for the UPS truck. He's been all over the place, and a lot of back and forth but just not coming into the neighborhood. My package must have been put on the truck first.

Sweet dreams everyone!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
    Also, those of you with embroidery machines, do you use prewound bobbins, or do you wind your own?
    Jeanne
    I wind my own.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Suzanne ~ That's way more snow than we got here. It got up to 58 today & the rest of our snow (in our yard, at least) has melted. People with north facing yards still have snow on their lawns & roofs. It's supposed to be in the 50's & 60's all week.
    It looks like we got about 6" according to weather people. We are supposed to have more. Our temp tonight is -10celsius and with the windchill, it's -25 Celsius. brrr. Glad I didn't go to guild meeting. I got of lots of small sewing projects done, and even cleaned up the sewing room.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post