Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Monday all right!!

Good morning everyone. I kept myself busy on the weekend. Saturday was spent putting together 3 table runners. I have put them right sides together and then turn them out. They are now ready to finish. Hubby took me out for breakfast yesterday which was a really nice treat. I also did some grocery shopping at the same time.

My sinuses are starting to bother me. I took an advil when I got home and lay down for a nap. I felt much better when I awoke. I made a lemon pie, which is G's favorite. He arrived in late afternoon. We enjoyed a delicious supper together.

Today is Remembrance Day. We will all be attending the service here in our little village. I will try and get some pictures. Not sure what the rest of day will bring. The van is going into the shop to have winter tires installed, in time for snow later today.

Have a blessed day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Monday all right!!

Good Morning,

Monique, I'm sorry about your sinuses. Seems like I start the day with my little steamer anymore.

I worked on home school stuff for Jonathan yesterday. I ran out of envelopes. Mike wants to go to IKEA today. Since we're going out to dinner for Jim's birthday, it seems like the perfect day to get out.

Carl came yesterday and trimmed the trees in the back yard and then mowed. I'm glad there's nothing that's going to scrape the house. Now to get one more gutter guard and bag of stones for the back yard. Sand washes so easily!

I haven't touched the sewing machine in over a week and it doesn't seem to be calling my name. Maybe one day this week.

Pictures are ready to look at. I'll have to call and make an appointment for that.

Time to get started getting stuff pulled out for Jonathan's work today. Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!

Busy day planned today. I have two visits scheduled at local memory care facilities -- one in the morning, the other this afternoon. I checked the calendar at work; none of my co-workers are off Monday next week. I can take that as a vacation day and visit two more.

I will be cooking in-between facility visits. I have chicken to marinade and cook on my indoor grill. I will freeze that for future meals. I bought a roast on sale at the grocery store. Not sure if I want to slow cook it or bake it in an oven roasting bag. I'm also going to make my sister's favorite creamed chicken for family dinner tomorrow night. Mom won't eat chicken, so I will stop off at Taco Bell and buy her a couple of tacos.

Highs today will be around 40, with rain turning to snow this afternoon. I need to call the new snow removal guy. I'm not sure what the story is there -- he might be a subcontractor? The company that usually does it says it isn't being scheduled through the office, but the guy who called me works for them. It should melt by the weekend, anyway.

Have a wonderful day!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ It's snowing! It started some time after midnight. It looks like maybe 1.5" on the picnic table. It's only 19 deg. (Yest.'s high was 68.) It's supposed to be a quick mover & be out of here in 24 hrs. The Veteran's Day ceremonies at the Fort Logan National Cemetery in Denver have been canceled due to weather. DH, his 2 sons & my older son all served in the military. DS#2 tried to get in, but his hearing loss kept him from being accepted. DS#1 retired from the Air Force after 22 yrs. of service.

Yest. afternoon I got the binding sewn on 1 side. I need to finish that up today & sew on a label. The baby shower is tomorrow. I'll be baking DH's spelt bread today.

It's a good day to stay indoors & stay warm. Happy Veteran's Day.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Lots going on here, some good, some not good at all. Will post more when my thoughts pull together. Please pray for our friend Dave who had a stroke and our niece Meagan who found out Friday her newborn son has Pompe Disease. I woke with a headache this morning which is probably linked to my heartache.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	november-11-bigger.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	161296
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

10. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear this, Robin. I will be praying for both matters. Hugs....

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Veterans day and suppose to be our last warm fall day then we are into a real cold snap. Hope it doesn't last too long. I sure would like a warm Thanksgiving.
    Hope you all have a great week. I finally got back in to the sewing room this week. Put together some blocks I had ready for a quilt and maybe today I'll sandwich it. I got the bibs and burp clothes made for DD baby shower next week. They were sew easy.

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

Thanks to all the men and women who gave their lives, have served or are currently serving. We shall never forget. It will be a cold one today, and we are expecting 4" of snow starting before the evening rush hour. Thousands usually gather near Parliament Hill. But we usually watch it on TV.

Yesterday was a slow day. We ran errands, cat food, light bulbs. I did a load of laundry and put my winter mats in the car. DH ordered some custom fit WeatherTec liners. It's our attempt to keep his SUV clean from salt and slush. Then we hunkered down and watched a marathon of "The Curse of Oak Island". It's in Nova Scotia. The premier was 2hrs at 10pm, so DH watched it and taped it for me. I was already asleep by then.

Today, I have nothing. EDIT: Well that just changed as I took a call from my GF. We are going to drop off some VictorIa quilts to a few members who will deliver them to cancer patients. I will also be going to a cutting bee on Thursday morning. My days just fill up. Tomorrow have to get new battery for watch, change for craft show, guild meeting in evening.

Robin - I will keep them in my thoughts.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

16. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Another super busy day at J's yesterday. I couldn't believe it when I finally looked at my Fitbit and saw I had logged over 13,000 steps! Part of that was because we're having a huge Veterans' Day sale, so there were a lot of signs to put up all over the store. I picked up a couple of things I need to finish up some SS gifts, so I should be set to have a productive week. I work again on Friday.

It was 2 degrees when I woke at 50. Brrrrr! It seems that lately I just can't get warm. A gal at work who has lost a fair amount of weight, as have I, says it's because we don't have as much insulation anymore. Hmmm. Could that be true?

Robin, I'm so sorry to hear about your "heartaches". I can't imagine what your niece is going through. Prayers for both your friend and niece's baby.

Monique, I hope your sinus issues improve. I notice I have more sinus headaches once the furnace is running full time. I've been thinking I should get the humidifiers going.
    Joy, thank you to all the men in your family who served in the military. My DS#2 is currently serving in the Marines.
    Julie, good luck in your search for the best memory care option for your mom.

Find a blessing in your day, everyone. And if you have the opportunity, thank a veteran.
    Jeanne

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Robin, my heart goes out to you, your friend Dave, and your niece and her family. I will pray for all.

I finished the bed skirt I've spoken of, which means my sewing projects for house staging are complete. From here on out its straightening, pruning, scrubbing, and hanging the affordable-but-dramatic artwork I've collected to replace our family photos. I hated taking down all the pictures of my girls, but the point it's to showcase the house, not our family.

Blessings to all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post