Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Monday all right!!

Good Morning! It is a very cold day here with snow on the ground. A very drastic change from the weekend - Saturday was beautiful and warm; Sunday was good until evening when the cold wind started coming in.

Saturday we worked up 50 pounds of carrots to put into the freezer for this winter. We also have potatoes and onions to work up. But at this point I don't have a lot of motivation to do them. Two of my friends lost their husbands on Saturday. I got the news of them less than an hour apart. One of the visitations is tonight with the funeral on Tuesday and the other visitation is tomorrow night with the funeral on Wednesday.

Sunday afternoon was a fun time with a group of quilting ladies. I was able to get all of the pieces cut out for a quilt. So hopefully sometime with everything going on this week, I will be able to start sewing on it. It is probably going to be slow going as each of the fabrics are a different size and fit together like a puzzle with sashing between them.

Robin, so sorry to hear about your friend Dave who had a stroke and your niece's baby. Prayers for both situations.

Have a good day everyone

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Robin, so sorry for your heartache. Prayers going up.
    Ran to JoAnn to get some faux fur for gnomes. They had it 60% off + I got another 25% for being the spouse of a veteran. That was a great deal...regularly $39 yd., and I paid less than $13.
    Yesterday was 70 degrees and today we are expecting 2-4" of snow with temps dropping to 12 by tomorrow morning. Looking to get a call to have to go pick up the grands since it has started sleeting already. I am sure they will be sending them home early. We already have Gabe. DH went to his school for their Veterans Day activities, and went ahead and brought him home, so that is one we don't have to worry about.
    Well time to get to sewing before we get the call. Blessing to all, and prayers for those that need them.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Robin, I am sending extra prayers for Dave & extra to Meagan. Prayers for you too.

Gina

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

The rain has arrived with snow predicted later. I hope it is a very small amount. I have a doctor's appointment in the morning, and I don't drive in snow, period! The rest of the week I plan to sit at the machine and get some things finished. Can't get quilts longarmed till after Christmas. I hope to have a big stack by then!

DD came last week for a short visit. It was a good time even if it was short. My friend with cancer had her first chemo and did very well. Some side effects, but not as bad as she expected. My prayers will include all your requests.

I appreciate your thanks for service. My DH served 23 years, DS 26, and my sister 28. I want to recognize the wives, husbands and children of those serving. Many have faced long months alone, and others have lived in other countries, some good, some not so good. Many moves with new towns and schools and friends don't make life easy! I was proud to be a Navy Wife, and I think those that serve today are proud also.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, MSN thanked for this post