Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now or

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default WiP Nov 8 - 14, 2019

Folks, there's been a distinct lack of anything like crafting around chez Threads lately. I'm sorry that I've been falling down on getting the weekly report up on the forum as well. Work remains very stressful and I've got some personal stuff going on as well (nothing serious).

I know that these kinds of slumps happen and they are temporary. But I'm taking a step back from social media in general for a while. Don't worry about me, I sometimes tend to 'turtle up' for a bit when I get stressed.

I will need someone to kick of the board each week for a while. And I'll see you all in a few weeks.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WiP Nov 8 - 14, 2019

I'm with you. I am already feeling the holiday stress. I will volunteer to kick of the thread through the end of November. Hope you come back rested and refreshed.

I got the next two blocks done on Kaleidoscope Dreams. The blocks are getting more and more challenging.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5298.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	161282Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_5297.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	161283
    Two more paper pieced blocks to go, then lots of flying geese and a log cabin border. Whew.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I dont usually write in this thread because my work is a bit chaotic. I never know what Im going to do depends on my mood, it can be wool or seam or also quilted but today I want to tell DeniseSm that their quilts leave me breathless, they are so amazing and this will be another great work. Congratulations and be sure to show us your work to brighten our spirit

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are not alone. Sometimes we are just too busy. In my case I had a really bad stomach flu which knocked me down for a good 10+ days. I lacked the strength and energy to do much if anything. Just surviving day to day, few chores. I was feeling better Saturday and went on a retail therapy road trip with 2 GFs. It's lifted my spirits. My hubby has been busy with medical appts, most of which he had to go alone. I will be playing catch up this week.

I have a craft show this Saturday, and all I've done in past week is 5 bibs one afternoon. I may get a few more things done, but not going to stress about it.

I have rented a long arm on Nov. 21-22 so I will get a few large tops quilted.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have managed to get my three larger quilts that are Christmas presents done, ready to wrap but I need BIG tissue paper. I think I will try a paper tablecloth from the dollar store and see how that works.
    I have gotten about half way with some folded fabric Christmas trees and not thrilled with how they look. I will finish one before going through all the steps on the other 8 then make up my mind about how I like them vs all the fiddly trouble they are.
    I may just scrap this project and figure out something else.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the fabric for Bonnie Hunter's quilt along Frolic last week . I don't know if during the holidays I will have much time to work on it, but I can always catch up at the first of the year. This time I am going with solids. I really like doing quilts with a weekly or monthly block, it gets me back in the sewing room without the pressure to sit there for hours and I have learned tons of useful skills doing them. I have had three quilts finished since July to take to the VA hospice floor but can't seem to get down there. I am just in a slump here and need to get myself organized.

12. Thanks threadbndr, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post