Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Never say never

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Never say never

I can tell you are sincerely distraught over this and the customer will realize that too. This is a great lesson for all if us. It was an honest mistake by you. A good warning for people who buy fabric from thrift or estate sales what not to make if you aren't sure of the fabric content. Cheer up. It will all be okay.

2. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I very much trust a person more who owns their errors. It is obvious what a wonderful person you are.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

4. Thanks MSN, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering if the whole set (4 cozies and 2 zappers) were all made with this material. If so you may want to get them all back from her since there is a risk using any of them.

I'm sure you were surprised ... and I'm also sure you will make this right! Happy you found a way to get up with her.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Judy she only purchased a potato zapper. Unfortunately, there is someone out there who had purchased the matching bowls about three or two years ago who never said anything. Either that or they never nuked them in the microwave. I had the last one here still not purchased. That's the one I did the test on. I just wanted to give her two extra bowls for the inconvenience she went through.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

7. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that could happen to any one of us.

I usually tell people how to use, but this year I have included instructions on a card. Zap in 2 minute intervals for a maximum of 8 minutes. Do not use with convection/ microwave feature. Convection would be like a regular oven an would start a fire.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Don't mean to be a fear-monger but...in this day and age, I believe it's worth mentioning. What happens if someone (mis)uses one of your potato zappers and their house burns down? Have you taken steps to limit your liability? Your "homeowners" will not cover your manufactured goods.

If I wanted to continue offering potato zappers I'd at least takes some steps to protect myself.
    1. Use only products produced for that purpose, like "WrapnZap" or equivalent from other manufacturers.
    2. Provide copies of the manufacturers instructions for proper use.
    3. Label each item with appropriate warnings.

It's a shame and takes the fun out of the craft fair thing, but these days especially there is a real risk in exposing yourself to damages.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but rain might put the fire out!
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

11. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's worth mentioning oldmanquilts. I've wondered about that too because you never know now a days, as you say.

Auntiemern has an excellant idea that she does which is putting instructions in with the items. VERY good idea and it's something I'm going to start to do too. Since my computer died recently my other computer doesn't work with my printer. So I'm going to have to get someone to run them off for me once I make them up. I think it can be something simple like: Heat at 2 minute intervals, monitored only, Handwash, cool water. Set to dry.

But yes, I suddenly had that nightmare. While many of us automatically use common sense with these types of things, common sense is going more and more by the wayside like a tidal wave roaring toward the lost shores of antiquity.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

13. Thanks TMP thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have made a few of the bowl cozies for myself and my daughter. Even though I have tons of scraps, I purchased fabric that said 100% cotton as well as the thread and batting. I have used mine and honestly I didn't care for them, the fact that the contents bubbled out onto the cozy just seemed messy to me. I prefer to slide a pot holder under the bowl to get it out of the microwave.

15. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
    Judy she only purchased a potato zapper. ... I just wanted to give her two extra bowls for the inconvenience she went through.
    That's a great idea that I'm sure she will appreciate. (I just got a bit confused when you originally posted the amount you made in the first post.)

17. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post