• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCY
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2013

Hello Sunday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Wow, our temp. reached 80 deg. yest.! Another "warm before the storm" kind of day. It was such a beautiful day. It's supposed to be 60 today, then switch to rain tonight & maybe a little snow tomorrow. Mon. will be the coldest day of the week. Some Veteran's Day activities have been postponed or canceled.

In the morning yest. I got the bed changed, the pillows aired outside in the sun, & did 3 loads of laundry. I also did some vacuuming & cleaned in the bathrooms. I paced myself. I still tire easily, but I'm glad to be feeling so much better after 3 wks. of that virus. In the afternoon, I finished up the FMQ on the panel baby quilt. I hope to get it trimmed today & start on the binding. I have the strips already pieced & rolled up on the cardboard tube ready to go.

DS#1 & his wife (in MD) have been working to pack up their kitchen & getting things ready for their big remodel project, which starts this week. They'll be getting all new cabinets, granite counter top, flooring, etc. The flooring also involves the DR, LR, & entry. They've already purchased new stainless steel appliances, the flooring & picked out the paint color for the walls. They'll have to make do in their bsmt. fam. rm. with food prep on a hot plate, etc., for at least the next 4 wks.

This a.m. is church. It's my Sun. to play the organ. Have a wonderful day.
  • Nwmnteacher
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2014

Re: Hello Sunday!

Good morning Joy and everyone else,

Joy, I'm envious of your beautiful warm days! Here on the plains of NW MN we are having cold and wind. Winter can be long here.

This is my weekend to work at JoAnn's. Yesterday was really busy...lots of Canadians were in Grand Forks for the long weekend. So, I'm guessing today will be another busy one. One person said there were 3 lines of traffic crossing from Canada when they came through the border. It's always interesting to hear from them about the price differences with fabrics, yarn, etc. We were having a sale on scrapbook paper at 17 cents apiece, and a Canadian guest couldn't believe it. She said in Canada they would be $1.00 - $2.00 each.

Other than work, not much else is going on for me this weekend. I won't work again until next Friday, so I hope to finish up a couple of SS gifts this week.

Wishing all a restful Sunday.
    Jeanne

Comment

• auntiemern
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Good morning one and all. Another day of crafting for me. The temps are not to bad right now, but this week will put us into a deep freeze. To early in the season for that kind of cold, and my body does not like it at all. No kids today....which is a good thing. I needed a break. I do have to meet a lady later this morning to give her the vinyl lip balm holders that she bought. She bought 10 of them. They have home made, all natural lip balm in them, that Mackenzie and I made. They make great stocking stuffers. I like doing those small in the hoop projects on my embroidery machine, to break the monotony of sewing non stop. It also gives my back a break. I rested last night, and did some project shopping for just that. DH is off bow hunting today which is another plus. House to myself is always a good thing. Well off to get busy. Blessing and prayers for all. Have a great day....and hug your loved ones.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
        Missouri Star
        • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,
        It's just above zero and overcast. There could be some flurries today, but no accumulation. Joy, what a bonus to get some warm temps sprinkled here and there. I wouldn't know what to wear. Once I put away fall coats, I embrace winter gear until I can't stand it no longer by springtime.

Yesterday was a real fun day with my 2 GFs and I think I needed it a lot after feeling crappy for a few weeks, and home bound. We went to Almonte, a pretty village where many Hallmark movies are made, where I picked up a few extra plates and a platter at an antique store that has pieces of my china pattern.. My GF found a quilted skirt to keep warm when she walks. It's very stylish. I picked up a beautiful vest that is drawn based on art. It's gold tones and black, and it will be perfect for a year end party next Saturday.

We then drove to Perth, another pretty town full of shops, and all stores adorned with baskets of colourful winter flowers. We had lunch at a lovely tea room. We got in since it was past lunch rush. Many people get dressed up for high tea. We all had a cup of prime rib soup, with sandwiches. Mine was turkey with Brie and apple slices on fresh baked bread. So yummy. Followed by the last apple crumble, my gf had fresh raspberry pie. Then we headed for the shoppes. One of our favorite ladies store is closing. They are being evicted as the owner will be leasing to a GF. It's so sad as its a historic building and the store name will transfer to the new owner. Luckily they have a store in my hometown, so I know where I can get quality women's clothes. I don't clothes shop often but. When I do, I want statement pieces. I bought a boiled wool coat, a cardigan which is an inspiration for a quilt. I also found an asymmetrical wool beret. Love it and embracing my French roots and heritage. My Gf found a down winter coat and scarf. All our purchases were heavily discounted. We all bought one or two xmas tree ornaments. Mine was a glass owl.

When we got back, our neighbour joined his wife where we shared some wine, cheese, crackers and fruit. A perfect end of a day. I need more of these. It was almost as good as a Hallmark movie.

Today, DH & I will take it easy. He helped pack away the gliders and trailers at the club. They were served a hearty meal of mac & cheese and baked beans. I may visit mom this aft.

Jeanne - isn't it interesting price differences. I add roughly 35-40% to the US price for the exchange rate. And sadly for us, buying US is still cheaper.

Have an enjoyable day. Tomorrow is Remembrance Day as we remember our veterans.
        Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Ginny B
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2012

Good morning all. It's sort of a grey morning with peeks of sunshine. We had a wonderful evening last night. We thought we were having dinner with Vicky, Kathryn and their hubbies but when we arrived at the restaurant we were surprised to see a whole group there. My birthday was in Oct. and Charlie's is in Dec. so they said they wanted to do something right in the middle to mark celebrate us both turning 70 this year. It was an awesome evening. And the staff at the restaurant couldn't have been nicer and the food was delicious.

Today I will finish putting some hooded towels together for next week's craft fair. My embroidery machine has been working hard this week. I am also working on gs Max' rag quilt. It's all sewn together. I'm just doing all the snipping now. I work on it while watching tv at night.

Joy, the changeability of your weather amazes me. Enjoy your warm day before the rain and snow arrive. Jeanne, hope your work day is just busy enough to keep the day moving along nicely.

Marilyn, some chapstick holders are on my list of ITH projects I want to try. Suzanne, it sure does sound like a Hallmark movie type of day. How fun.

Time for some stitching. Have a good Sunday everyone.
          Last edited by Ginny B; November 10, 2019, 07:41 AM.
          Ginny B
          Levittown, NY

Comment

• JulieC
            Missouri Star
            • Dec 2016

Happy Sunday Morning!

Looks like today will be our last good weather day until later in the week. Highs today near 50; rain will hold off until late this afternoon. Rain turns to snow tomorrow, with more cold and snow expected on Tuesday. They are predicting 3-4" of accumulation. I'm not ready for snow this soon, but 'tis the season.

I need to take another vacation day next week to visit the two memory care facilities that are farther away. I am off the week of Thanksgiving, and thought I would visit then. However, I want to go back to a couple of places and observe group activities...and with the holiday, etc., I don't think I'm going to be able to squeeze them in. I hate to take another day off work. I have been out a lot -- planned and unplanned -- the last couple of weeks. My boss is ok with my taking the time and I have plenty. I just don't like getting behind at work and playing catch-up.

Lots of laundry to do today, plus grocery shopping and visiting Mom. I am itching to get in my sewing room. I saw a tutorial yesterday on how to make a Danish heart block using a 16-patch. I want to make one out of Christmas fabric. You can check out the video here if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ciRgvctNWU.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Paisley
              Quilting Guru
              • Nov 2019

Good Sunday morning! I fell asleep on the sofa last night at 7. I had a 3 hour nap midday. Could be my toothache is wearing me down. On Thursday the dentist said let’s watch it for a while but I’m going back in tomorrow to get it looked at again as the sensitivity is getting more intense and I’ll likely have to wait for an appointment.

Joy your DS and DDIL should look into getting an Instant Pot. We used ours when we were remodeling and made everything from hard boiled eggs to meatloaf, spaghetti, chili, minestrone soup. It will save them so much frustration.

Jeanne I’m going today for thread and hope I can get out of there without a pit stop at the cut counter.

Marilyn can you share a picture of your chapsticks and holders? How do you make your own chapstick?

Suzanne your day sounds like it was lots of fun.

Ginny what a wonderful surprise for you both.

Time to get out for my walk and figure out what else I can do today. It’s foggy again. My neighbors are in Seattle for the Sounders soccer game and asked us to care for their dog, so we’ll take her with us when we walk. Better get a move on.
              Last edited by Paisley; November 10, 2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Cathy F
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

Morning all,

Sounds like everyone is having a busy weekend. I've been assembling the angels I've stitched out, I finished bagging up the last of the orders.

Yesterday I stitched out a towel with a saying on it. When I went to remove the wash away stabilizer the color ran from the orange thread. First time I 've had that happen, and I could not get all the stabilizer out of the tiny loops on the letters. Has anyone else had their embroidery thread colors run? I have to look and see if I can salvage it with a color catcher otherwise I now have a fall towel.

Ginny- my machine has benn in overdrive too for the fair.
                Suzanne--sounds like a great road trip with the girls!
                Joy- what drastic weather changes in your area.
                Marilyn-you deserve a day of rest after your marathon sewing.

Well I better get a move on I have bits of tulle and hot glue strings to clean up from my assembly line this morning. Wishing everyone a good day!
                Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• Mom23
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jun 2011

Good Morning,

The benefit last night was a fun time. I don't get out as much as I used to so I got to see many people I haven't seen in months, even years. I came home with a basket full of gift cards to our downtown are stores. I'm most excited about a bicycle tune up certificate. It's good for a year so if I don't loose it my bike will get a great tune up in the spring!

I've got the house to myself today. I'm working on a secret santa gift right now and will be in the sewing room this afternoon. I got the rows of my Summer in the Park sewed together yesterday. Today I will press and add the borders. Hubby told me not to worry about a late dinner, he will eat at the cabin before he comes home. Whoo hoo, two days in a row of no cooking.

download.jpg

Edited to add: I typed this much earlier today. Just opened my computer and found I didn't post it!!
                  Robin

Comment

• Bubby
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
                    Morning all,

Sounds like everyone is having a busy weekend. I've been assembling the angels I've stitched out, I finished bagging up the last of the orders.

Yesterday I stitched out a towel with a saying on it. When I went to remove the wash away stabilizer the color ran from the orange thread. First time I 've had that happen, and I could not get all the stabilizer out of the tiny loops on the letters. Has anyone else had their embroidery thread colors run? I have to look and see if I can salvage it with a color catcher otherwise I now have a fall towel.

Ginny- my machine has benn in overdrive too for the fair.
                    Suzanne--sounds like a great road trip with the girls!
                    Joy- what drastic weather changes in your area.
                    Marilyn-you deserve a day of rest after your marathon sewing.

Well I better get a move on I have bits of tulle and hot glue strings to clean up from my assembly line this morning. Wishing everyone a good day!
                    Cathy...I've never had machine emb thread bleed, but I use polyester. Is yours poly also?
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• Cathy F
                      Missouri Star
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                      Cathy...I've never had machine emb thread bleed, but I use polyester. Is yours poly also?
                      Barb, no it was a Robson--Anton orange rayon. I've never had a problem before and I use this brand all the time. Guess will have to get some polyester. My quilt shop only carries the rayon Robson-Anton.
                      Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

• auntiemern
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

Ginny the lip balm is made from bees wax, coconut out oil, a small bit of vitamin E, and I used pure peppermint oil to flavor it. I bought the tubes and holders for them in a kit from Amazon. I think I got the recipe from a YouTube video.
                        Attached Files
                        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                        sigpic

Comment

• Ginny B
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2012

Thanks Marilyn. And Cathy, what a shame that happened with your thread. I haven't had that happen yet.
                          Ginny B
                          Levittown, NY

Comment

• KPH
                            Missouri Star
                            • Feb 2015

It's evening already. When did that happen?

The guy that takes care of a lawn has trimmed the trees that were close to my bedroom. Now he's mowing. I don't know why, the front yard doesn't really need it. The back. eh... it won't hurt.

I've been working on new word study for Jonathan. Homonyms, homophones and homographs, my hand certainly knows I've been writing all afternoon! I guess I'll be writing a little bit more when I write the check for Carl.

Rice is in the instapot. I'll clean it up and put the cubed steak in it. Not sure what other veggie I'll get out, but after our grocery shopping trip, there's bound to be something Mike and I will enjoy.

Time to check on the pot and see how its going. Have a great evening everyone.
                            Katrina
                            From NC, retired in FL
                            “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Cokie
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2016

I don't know why the weekends go so fast. I'm really off-kilter lately - I think part of it is the time change. I've not really done much this weekend but rest, so I guess I needed it. Today I baked brownies while DH and DS finished cleaning up the leaves in the back yard before the cold front and snow come thru tomorrow. Tonight I have some Amish Friendship break baking and I'm going to prep some veggies for beef stew to put in the crockpot in the morning before work. I have a load of clothes finishing up in the dryer and then it will be bedtime. Hope everyone has a good week...and stay warm if you're in the path of the "arctic freeze."

Comment

Working...
                              X