Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello Sunday! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Cathy...I've never had machine emb thread bleed, but I use polyester. Is yours poly also?
    Barb, no it was a Robson--Anton orange rayon. I've never had a problem before and I use this brand all the time. Guess will have to get some polyester. My quilt shop only carries the rayon Robson-Anton.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Ginny the lip balm is made from bees wax, coconut out oil, a small bit of vitamin E, and I used pure peppermint oil to flavor it. I bought the tubes and holders for them in a kit from Amazon. I think I got the recipe from a YouTube video.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lip balm.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	161281  
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Mom23 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marilyn. And Cathy, what a shame that happened with your thread. I haven't had that happen yet.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's evening already. When did that happen?

The guy that takes care of a lawn has trimmed the trees that were close to my bedroom. Now he's mowing. I don't know why, the front yard doesn't really need it. The back. eh... it won't hurt.

I've been working on new word study for Jonathan. Homonyms, homophones and homographs, my hand certainly knows I've been writing all afternoon! I guess I'll be writing a little bit more when I write the check for Carl.

Rice is in the instapot. I'll clean it up and put the cubed steak in it. Not sure what other veggie I'll get out, but after our grocery shopping trip, there's bound to be something Mike and I will enjoy.

Time to check on the pot and see how its going. Have a great evening everyone.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why the weekends go so fast. I'm really off-kilter lately - I think part of it is the time change. I've not really done much this weekend but rest, so I guess I needed it. Today I baked brownies while DH and DS finished cleaning up the leaves in the back yard before the cold front and snow come thru tomorrow. Tonight I have some Amish Friendship break baking and I'm going to prep some veggies for beef stew to put in the crockpot in the morning before work. I have a load of clothes finishing up in the dryer and then it will be bedtime. Hope everyone has a good week...and stay warm if you're in the path of the "arctic freeze."

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post