Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help, please?? Used bad adhesive; ruined precious quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Where did you get that info? It say's light weight bonding on the can, plus repositionable.
    Most of what I post is from personal experiences. I only pass along other's info if their experiences mimic mine. I've used contact cement (adhesive) in many forms since I was a teen working in an upholstery shop, up to and including application of hundreds of laminate (Formica) countertops.

THIS product is a solvent based glue, only modified to be sprayed as an aerosol. The label is mis-leading. Rather than "lightweight bonding," it should read- bonding of lightweight materials and fabric. Re-position-able? Not in the same manner and characteristics we are accustomed to in "temporary" basting sprays (which are much different chemically) Once set using directions specified on can it's not going anywhere. It can be re-positioned early in the setting stage.

I wouldn't bother but you can talk to a dry cleaner. There's chemicals and solvents that can dissolve anything, but can the fabric handle it, and will it be restored to like new condition. IMO, not in this case.
    You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

2. Thanks Babs quilts, giig21 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a nightmare for you... If ALL ELSE FAILS.... what about doing a "Tea Dye" to help camouflage any colors you don't like... not sure what would happen,,, just a thought.. i've had to do that on some of my work over the years...being an overzealous creator
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to the Loctite site a pop up window comes up and you can ask questions. You probably aren't the first person to make this mistake and they may have a solution for you that won't further damage your fabric
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine