Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I guess I'm the early bird this a.m. I hope it will be a good day for one and all.

We hit 72 deg. yest.! And it's supposed to be just as warm today. But, then a front is expected to move in Sun. night with another chance of snow on Mon. Maybe only 1".

I spent yest. a.m. in the kitchen. My batch of chicken soup made 15 qts. In the afternoon & eve. I did more FMQ. I got the edge of the border done SITD using the ruler, then started on the wider outer border doing a wavy serpentine stitch. I finished 2 sides when my hands told me that was enough quilting for the day. I was feeling some tingling in my R. hand. I hope to finish that this afternoon.

This a.m. I'll be changing the sheets on the bed. It should be nice enough to hang the pillows outside on the line.

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Greetings! :)

Good morning Joy and all who follow,
    I was up early, as DH alarm went off, and he's gone to help pack away the gliders and other items for the winter. He will be fed, but probably cold when he gets home.

I ordered today's DD, latest Block and other items I had on my WishList. I received an email from M* indicating they have improved shipping to Canada, 2-6 days. That would be wonderful, so I'm giving it a try. I won't give up.

DH had a good report from the doctor on all his recent tests, some that are required for his pilot's license. So now, just needs to pick up hearing aid and get cataract surgery this winter. I didn't go as I was really wiped again yesterday. I had more energy by afternoon, so I went and sewed. I made 5 bibs, packaged and ready for next Sat show. My cousin's son funeral has been moved to next Friday, so I will be able to go. I made calls to other relatives to give them details, so I was on the phone quite a bit.

Today I am going with 2 GFs on road trip we cancelled last week. It's cold, but sunny. I might look for a short pair of winter boots. The ones I have are all good for tracking through heavy snow, but my shortie ones for this time of year are finished.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, baslp, JulieC thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Joy and all who follow.
    Today is the last day of my visit to VA. It's back to the airport to fly home this evening. I made it to a cute quilt shop this week. It's housed in an old building from the 1800's and the original finishes inside are intact. So charming. I stayed strong though and spent less than $15 on 3 neutral FQs and the Cozy Quilt hanging gardens pattern that was in the bargain corner. I'm trying to confine stash-building to neutrals only, which are in short supply in my stash.
    Hope everyone has a good weekend.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

Mike and I kept the kids while their Mom and Dad went to the Children's Workers dinner at church. It's rare that Morgan gets to go with her schedule in the ER. No word as to when she'll start the day swing shift. Someone quit, so she's stuck again with the dregs of the schedule since she wasn't supposed to be on nights anymore. I foresee a lot of migraines this month, and I hate it for her.

I managed to get the address labels for Christmas cards made yesterday. Changing computers skewed the list from last year. This year I saved them on the Avery site. So there shouldn't be any problems pulling it up next year. It was hard to delete a few of the addresses from last year of those who've passed. Steve, Richard, Frank and Nan, are all waiting for a greater reunion than a little card.

Today, there aren't many things on the list, but Mike works this evening. We'll have to get started once he wakes up. I bought a pack of bar mops to wrap around the rungs of the quilt ladders Jim made. He made 3, we messed up one with stain a poor stain choice, but seeing the two that are done in the room. I don't think I want the third one after all. I know he'll breathe a sigh of relief that I won't be making him redo that one.

I've figured out the size squares I need to make a quilted multiplication board for Jonathan. I'll work on that while Mike's at work tonight. It shouldn't take too long to whip it out. I'll just have to get my manual out to make sure I have the colors in the proper places.

Coffee's ready so I'll see you all later. Have a great day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning and Happy Weekend!

It's a beautiful morning with highs expected in the 50's today. I spent a good amount of time watching 5 deer in the yard this morning while hubby is at our cabin deer hunting.

I spent several hours in my sewing room yesterday working on my Summer in the Park quilt. The blocks are pressed and ready to be placed on my design wall. My goal is to have this flimsy done by the end of the weekend. It was so refreshing to be in my sewing room yesterday after cleaning and decluttering. I placed all of my UFO's in a closet so I didn't have to look at them. For some reason, that was just freeing for me.

I'm heading back in to sew for most of the day unless I get a call to babysit. Tonight we have a fundraiser and we will go to church before that since I only want to get dressed up and put makeup on occasionally. That means tomorrow is a free day to sew all I want, maybe in my pj's since hubby will be gone all day. Oh how I love hunting season!

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  17.1 KB
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, auntiemern, JulieC, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We are looking at sun and clouds today— near 44 today. I am going for a manicure in a bit. Then I need to hem 2 pairs of scrubs for my DD. She starts her nursing career on Monday. She inherited my short legs. I suggested that she order a pair of petite scrubs to see how they fit.
    I did piece and sew some more blocks on my quilt. I have to put the pup in her kennel to really focus on what I am doing. I have had to do a lot of ripping and re- sewing.
    Have a good Saturday.
    Beth

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone! It will be a dry, chilly day here today -- highs of about 40. We had lots snow on Thursday! Big, fluffy flakes -- the kind that make you feel like you're standing in the middle of a snow globe. Fortunately, they did not stick. I need to call my snow removal guy and make sure we're on the list this year.

Suzanne's post about being on the phone reminded me I needed to charge mine. I forgot to do it when I got home from work yesterday. My battery was down to 1%! I really should upgrade to a new phone. It is ancient by technology standards.

My employer is closed on Monday, in observance of Veterans Day. I have appointments at two more memory care facilities. I almost felt a little sorry for the one admissions gal, she was obviously working off a script or set list of questions, and I was not responding the way she expected. Maybe she is new? That's it for visiting new places until I'm off the week of Thanksgiving. I would like to see a couple of the facilities that are a little farther away. They wouldn't be as convenient, but they have excellent reputations. I also want to go back to the two I liked and observe a group activity.

It does not look like I will be sewing this weekend. I have hopes of working on the sewing annex and cleaning the kitchen floor. I'm trying not say "plan," because every time I do, life gets in the way.

Have a great weekend!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! What a week it has been. The weather has been playing havoc with a lot with migraines and body aches. Wednesday was our monthly quilting group get together. It is a very informal group as we don’t have any interest in being a formal guild. We are helping one of our members put together antique quilt blocks. The best part is the blocks are very well stitched together. The hard part is they are very old blocks so the lady has been working on conditioning. The other fun thing is planning a sew day.

Thursday was a wonderful fun day as the children had their Christmas pictures taken. We did pictures of the children all together. Then did one of little one on the bed in PJs, tried to get the older ones to do the PJs but they would not even consider it. The one picture that she posted on Friday is so adorable. She did a little photoshop magic as little one is looking into a Christmas box, there are light rays coming out. He has a huge smile on his face. Then I took the children out for a nice supper. Afterwards, it was off to our monthly 4-H meeting. We planned out the year and projects.

Yesterday was not a good day either as far as the pain goes. However, we were still able to get over to a place out in the middle of nowhere to pickup lots of fresh vegetables at a very low price. When we got home, I laid down for a nap and woke up tired but feeling better. I was glad that it was Friday because that is pizza night. The pizza place messed up the pizza so we ended up getting a free pizza. That gave us two large pizzas. Apparently, I had a hunger crew because both pizzas were gone after supper.

Yippee!!! It was nice to wake up pain-free this morning. Middles ds has league bowling at 11am. After bowling today, I am hoping to start working up the vegetables. The carrots are huge as one easily makes a cup and a half finely chopped. There is white potatoes, red potatoes, carrots, yellow onions, sweet potatoes, cabbage and peanuts in the shell.

Tomorrow maybe I will have a chance to get to the sewing room or even better I was invited to come sew with a friend tomorrow. She is a lot of fun so I will probably pack up the sewing and head her direction. I have a quilt that I need to cut and pieced.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. The sun is shining bright outside and I slept in this morning. Headache is almost gone. I cooked a crock pot of soup yesterday, so no cooking on today's agenda, although I do need the grocery store. Also need to go to Joann's for some interfacing. I usually buy it by the bolt for t shirt quilts, but I think i'll only get what I need to finish this one. I need a break from client projects so I can work on some of my own. Laptop is on the brink, so may go shopping for that also.
    OK time for action. Have a great day.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good day all. I have been working on restocking for my next craft fair, and filling the couple of orders I got at the last one. I also sold some lip vinyl lip balm holders that I made on my embroidery machine. There are a few things I would like to try out on there before my next show. I am also planning on trying to make a few clear vinyl stadium bags, since that is what is required to take in to the venues now. I found one I like on YouTube.
    Took Gabe bowling this AM. I have a little deal with him. every strike he earns $1...every spare is 50 cents. This morning he made $5 off of Granny. It helps him try harder if there is a reward for the effort. I know some people don't believe in bribery, but for me it works. That is how we managed to potty train all 3 grand kids too.
    Hubby is going bow hunting tomorrow, then will spend the rest of the week getting ready for firearms season, which opens next Saturday. I am looking forward to him being gone for the week. I know I will get a lot more done with him gone.
    Time to go pick up my oldest GD and take her to work.
    Blessings for all. Prayers for those in need.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post