• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulamoon
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2012

Cracker recipe?

I was watching the Great British Baking Show Master Class and Paul Hollywood made some crackers. I thought that might be a nice extra for some holiday baking gifts. I have made lavosh before, which isn't too far off. Have you made any or any copycat versions of popular crackers? Want to share?
    🌺 Lorie
  • Sharyn J
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2012

Re: Cracker recipe?

I don't make crackers but I thought this was a good idea to make the dough ahead of time and freeze it until needed.

The Pioneer Woman also has an interesting recipe. Would be great with herbs.
    I have a confession. I can cook—in fact, I would dare say I’m a pretty mean cook.

Me? I'm just a Ritz girl.

Comment

• Hulamoon
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2012

I found a goldfish (multiple fish) cutter on Etsy. I thought it would be fun to make those. I think I'll check out YouTube first.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

• KPH
        Missouri Star
        • Feb 2015

There was a restaurant around the corner from Mom and Dad's house in Greensboro that had the best crackers that they would serve as you waited for your drinks or food.

They were so good! I wish I knew how they made them.
        Katrina
        From NC, retired in FL
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• redcaboose1717
          Missouri Star
          • Apr 2011

Lori,
          Way back in March/April 1982, We purchased our first Litton Microwave Oven. With that Microwave there was a hardcover book that came loaded with recipes! Later tomorrow when my friend comes over, I'll ask her DH to get in this cupboard and get that book for me. I used to make those crackers from scratch for my DH Terry when he was first diagnosed with a seizure disorder. The Neurologist thought maybe the severity of the seizures had to do with Terry's diet....and well, for nearly a year, I made almost everything he ate, until the doctors decided that it really had nothing to do with the diet, etc.
          I hadn't thought about those homemade crackers until reading your post! That Litton Cookbook was amazing. There's this Peach Pie recipe in that book that is absolutely delicious!

Take care!
          ( now I'd like to look at that Litton cookbook again! )
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• Patty J
            Missouri Star
            • Jan 2012

I have a Litton cookbook too. I think mine was from 1972 when my second son was born. There was a recipe for chocolate pudding cake that was out of this world. I still have the book and will look to see if crackers are in there.

Comment

• jjkaiser
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2013

I thought Martha Stewart was the only one who made home made crackers! I make my own soup all the time but think I would draw the line at making my own crackers. But I cook because I have to not because I love it so much.
              Jocelyn
              South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

I think some of these recipes would be delicious, and even a batch or two of them would impress any guest. Since I could control the ingredients in them, this would be good for DH allergies.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

Working...
                X