Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday

Good morning friends. I didn't do much of anything yesterday. I am having trouble getting into the sewing swing of things. I don't know what is wrong with me.

Today is a work day so I will be taking Bonnie's quilt with me to work on. I have had it for a year now, time to finish it. Not sure what the weekend will hold. My oldest is coming sometime on Sunday, we will attend the Remembrance Day services on Monday. My youngest is on deployment and gets back home today but he is not coming. He told me he needs to spend some time at home. He has been away a lot in the last couple of weeks.

I work again Tuesday so I will have lots of time to quilt that quilt.

So on that note, I wish you all a wonderful Friday and weekend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday

Good Morning, Everyone ~ A frosty 28 deg. It's supposed to get up into the 60's today, which will be a nice change. Maybe even 70 tomorrow.

Yest. DH had his annual eye exam. His cataracts are a 3 out of 4, but he's putting off surgery as long as possible. He requires more light for reading, etc. His Rx changed in the L. eye, so we'll have to get to the optical center soon for new lenses. He hates having his eyes dilated; it took a few hrs. before his vision cleared from that. I brought him home, then left to run errands.

First stop was Kohl's to look for a belt & slippers for DH. I found a nice Docker's belt, which of course was 3 xs the price of the Walmart one, but much better quality. They also had men's slippers on sale. I found a new pr. of Chap's, similar to those he has. They were on sale. I had 2 coupons, so my items were almost half price. A win win. DH was pleased with both.

Two groc. store stops, then the bakery, & finally the drive-thru at Chick-fil-A for chicken strips. The double line was busy but moved at a good pace. In the afternoon I puttered at stuff in the kitchen. In the eve. I did the veg. prep. for today. I need to make chicken soup. That's an all morning job. As soon as DH's breakfast is over, I'll cut up the chicken & get it on to cook. Maybe in the afternoon I can get that final quilt border quilted. I need to have it finished for the shower on the 12th.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I made it to Sew Day with the ladies yesterday. I thought I took something mindlessly easy to sew but I managed to do a lot of ripping. I must have been pretty confident before I left home because I didn't take a seam ripper so I used a straight pin. I need to try to keep my Thursday schedule open so I can sew more often.

I got home just in time to get supper in the instant pot before our daughter brought Max while she had parent/teacher conferences. Good thing I had dinner ready because he was a real whiney grouch. It was a full time job just trying to keep him happy. When I gave him a bath I noticed he had a red rash on the back of his leg. Not sure what was causing it but hopefully that was causing the grouchiness.

I did get in my sewing room last night but only long enough to clean it. I placed all UFO's in a big IKEA bag and put them in a closet which made the room look so much better. I had to drag the bag as it was too heavy to carry. What do you count as a UFO? Two bags were patterns with uncut fabric so do you consider that a UFO? One bag was fabric with a book and several cut blocks. Is that a UFO? Is a UFO something I started sewing and stopped? Not sure what counts as a UFO but I've told myself I can't start anything until my big IKEA bag in the closet is empty!

This morning is water aerobics at the pool and errand running. I will need to dress warm as the outside temperature is 13 degrees this morning! Hubby will be in and out hunting this weekend so I should have plenty of time to sew.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	161253
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Resign.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	161255

Good Morning....Our cold blast is supposed to move in this morning. Fortunately it should only be with us 3-4 days. Jeff will be off for the Veteran's Day weekend and we don't have to go anywhere unless we want to. It seems like a good chance to hunker down with the Girls and get some extra rest and play with them. Dottie is moving around already this morning and she went out for the first potty call at 50. I hope the whole day is good for her.g

Yesterday I cooked a large batch of food for the puppers and got the laundry done. After dinner I ran the vacuum to get up the leaves the Girls have tracked in. Our Fall is almost at an end.

I love Jenny's new tutorial. It's on the cover of the new BLOCK magazine and I will definitely be making it. I'm thinking it would be beautiful in Fall colors....or anything really. It would be darling in a baby quilt also.

Robin...I consider a UFO to be something I began sewing on and stopped.

Time for me to start moving around. I wish you all a great Friday and weekend.

Love & Hugs....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Good Intentions.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	161254  
    Last edited by Bubby; November 8th, 2019 at 10:52 AM.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is 38 and will get in the 40s . It is blustery outside— not a good hair day. I had a busy afternoon yesterday. I spent 2 1/2 hrs catching up w a friend at Starbucks. My DH made it home earlier than normal. It was nice having dinner w him.

I do not have any appts today. I plan on sewing a bit. I am still pain free. I am keeping my fingers crossed that these injections will give me relief for some time.
    I will have to check out the pict on the new block mag.

Have a good day
    Beth

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I liked today's video and am glad to know it is in the new Block since I ordered it today along with the DD. You can't have enough background fabric.....right.
    Tonight is my guild's Friday Night Drive in, a local church rec hall with lots of quilters watching a video together then making the project. There are two very experienced quilters that break things down by steps and help newbys and anyone else that needs it. Tonight's project has 8 coordinating 1/2 yd pieces, the pattern is a mystery. Lots of fun.
    I can leave all my sewing things there and return for Sit and Sew tomorrow, just a free sewing day with friends.
    Happy weekend friends and glad to see Sugar back.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    It really sunny and hot in the sunroom, I may have to get moving sooner than later today. DH has a Dr appt this morning which I will go with him. It's a new doctor, since his retired last year. She has a different approach. It's always good to get fresh eyes looking at issues.

Yesterday, i got much needed hair cut & colour and a massage. I told my arMT to go easy, since my body is still tender from stomac flu last week. Then we went to see mom briefly. I made a regular meal (not bland food) of steak, baked patato and asparagus. It was good.

Monique - I'm also in a sewing funk - and I really shouldn't dilly dally as I've got a craft show next Saturday. I could easily pass, except I am trying to clear my baby stock, and other items I made. If all sold, I would have 5 large bin space for my sewing room. I think I just have too many projects that are for other people that I don't want to make. I really have to pull out my NO button.

Beth - your DD will love her RAV4. That's what I drive. The only thing I wish it was not a black interior. I hope you ont iune to improve.
    Barb - I love your funnies. I might adopt the adulthood opt-out as my mantra.
    Robin - I love sewing with groups, but agree it can be distracting. A UFO for me is a project where the top is not completely pieced, or finished but waiting to be quilted. I only cut the fabric for a quilt top when I have time to commit sewing in the next day/ week.

Have an enjoyable and productive day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I'm moving slowly this morning, allergies are acting up. I started a list of things I need to get done today. Sooner or later I'll have to get started on it. At the rate I'm going, Mike may beat me home before I even look at it!

The neighbor's dog crashed through the fence last night around 11. He came up to the sliding glass door and started barking. Mike and I both went out with flashlights trying to find where he'd come in. He finally disappeared back through the fence and I found a present he left at the back steps. Nothing like stepping in fresh poop with bare toes. One thing on the list... finding where that dog got through and boarding it up so he can't come back!

I like Jenny's new quilt. I'm wondering if I have enough of that baby fat quarter fabric left to make a baby quilt. I think it would be cute!

Time to get busy. I've steamed my head, taken my allergy meds, now to find the list!

Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I keep saying I'm near the finish line in my bid for reorganization but someone keeps moving the line. What's up with that? Maybe THAT's the definition of UFO-unfinished organization. Sigh! Barb, OMG that first funny is sooo me! I LOVE it! A friend of mine told me what a granddaughter said to her, "I have a headyake I'm gonna go to my room & yok the door" I may try that if Barb's first funny doesn't work.

Have a great Friday & weekend. Thank you for your service to all our veterans. Take care everyone. Stay warm, safe be well.

Hugs
    Gina

12. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Good Friday morning, to all before and to come,

I get to spend the next two days, fully engulfed in my studio and cranking out items for the Holiday Craft Fair. Thanks to many of you, I have a ton of projects in the fire: Microwaveable bowl cozies, reusable anti-static dryer sheets, nine patch pot holders, decoupaged cookie plates, hanging kitchen towels, and reusable gift card holders. Thank you to everyone who introduced me to these amazing projects. You've helped me feel incredibly confident!

May everyone have an easy sail into the weekend.

14. Thanks Monique thanked for this post