Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default How I missed MSQC!!

Dear Everyone,
    I've been gone a long time....and just wanted to let you all know that I am back and really am looking forward to being a part of this forum once again.

I've been serious ill as you all know, and it takes a lot of time to bounce back as they say. I am about 95% back to where I was, all but sewing.

My biggest complaint is fatigue that, and the fact that doctors seem to tune you out a lot, especially if you are their 20th patient for the day, which gets tiring. I know they see a lot of patients every day and just can't be "tuned" in to every patient, but it is getting old that every time I see a new doctor every 2-3 yrs, (they either move to another state, retire, or decide to work in the hospital exclusively. I had begun to wonder years back if it was "me" not them deciding to do something different. AS crazy as that sounds, it does wear on you when you have 2-3 doctors per year turn you over to someone else. Sure, sometimes it's because what is wrong with me isn't common and they want someone else to give another opinion, I guess that, but geez Louise, they could at least make me feel comfortable with the situation at hand couldn't they?
    Okay.....enough rant.
    I just wanted to let all of you know that I appreciated your concern months ago......So many of you are like dear friends to me, thanks so much for your concern and caring, along with so many kind words.

(((((HUGS))))
    Sugar/Jacqueline
    redcaboose1717

Name:  child kneeling.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  4.6 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How I missed MSQC!!

Welcome back !

I am glad that you are starting to feel better !

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

((((Hugs)))) to you, Sugar! It's good to see you back on the forum.

I have a niece who gets the run around the way you do. She's not in the medical books, so they seem to want to fix one thing even when their treatment hurts another system in the body. It's tough!

I hope that you're well on the road to recovery!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

4. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WELCOME BACK!!! You have been missed. And I am happy to hear that you are feeling better. Continued prayers that you improve to 100%.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sugar ~ So glad to see you back! It's no fun having medical problems, especially if they are not the normal things. It's also frustrating to not have consistency in doctors, etc. I hope you can find one you like & who will be helpful. It seems like the only consistent thing in life is change! Our dentist moved his practice to another town, our doctor changed, etc. I like the dentist we have now, but DH doesn't. We both are satisfied with our current fam. dr. Even products change, or a store quits carrying a favorite item, etc. It can get frustrating. I guess it's called life, but that doesn't mean we're always happy with it. I hope you will feel well enough to get back to sewing soon. Have a good day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Sugar, you've been missed.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back! You wee missed. I hope you make a full recovery and can soon be sewing up a storm.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. It's good to see you felling better enough to join back. Prayers for full bounce back soon.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back to the forum. I guess it's important to give yourself permission to take time to recover. Things are never the same, I find, after a lengthy illness, and this sometimes becomes the new norm.

It certainly can be frustrating to get accustomed to new doctors, only to start over again.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from a newbie. I'm excited that you are feeling good enough to be here again. I discovered M* on my journey of returning from serious illness. I know intimately when our DRs aren't connecting the dots that we're trying to get them to see. May you stay strong in your self advocacy. And I look forward to "hearing your voice" here in the forums, too.