Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How I missed MSQC!!

So glad you are back, Sugar....we missed you!!!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sugar, add my voice to the chorus of "welcome back" from everyone. I sent you a message earlier. Sugar is back! Yay!

Hugs Gina

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is hard to go through so many changes. Just keep being you own advocate. Your new 'normal' will become easier as time goes by. Focus on the fact that what you feel today will not last forever. Warm welcome back, too.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Toni
    You know when you are a patient that is difficult to figure out....you are often looked at as a hypochondriac . This isn't the first time this has happened to me and you'd think I'd be used to it by now, but it's really so disheartening to go through. It is tough as you say.
    I really feel sorry for anyone that has to go through things like this. It's hard on one's family,friends, etc. I've lost friends over being ill simply because friends and family at times think I'm not sick.

One of my oldest and dearest friends (we were BFF's as children and went to nursing school together. She is still working (retiring in 3 yrs I think) and has been such a good friend and listener when there's times I just can't handle another test, another doctor looking at me strangely, etc. This friend even spend part of her last vacation going with me to a couple of new physicians because she really was upset with the fact the doctors just wouldn't listen.
    All the "trusted" doctors I've had have begun to retire and despite when these new doctors agree to, the minute the previous doctor is gone (retired,etc) it's as if, "Sure, I agreed to continue treat and try to figure this out....as long as Dr. "S" was in the office, but he isn't now, etc. So we're going to do this & this, etc."
    I've been told to get something in writing when this happens. Better said than done.....It's a constant battle when you are a complex patient. Then too, there's the chance that the 1-2 patients the Dr. seen JUST prior to seeing you actually WERE hypocondriacs and so his/her attitude is already altered by the time you are seen...and well, sometimes appointments like this are a waste.

I hope your niece finds a diagnosis soon. It's really difficult when these doctors don't have a clue what's wrong. Sure, I'll admit in my 65 yrs they have figured out a few things due to modern technology, but there's still things they don't know. That's why a few years back our youngest son said "IS that why doctors say they are "practicing" medicine mom?" LOL!.....I still laugh about that, it was funny, and even more so coming from a 10 yrs old boy!!

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

6. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back! I hope you continue to improve daily!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

JCY,
    You're right, it's called life. A few years back when all these problems started to surface, it seemed like every 12-18 months the doctors I had either pulled up stakes and MOVED clear across the country OR they retired, OR went back into working at the hospital,etc. In fact, my last Primary Dr. just went back to the main hospital ( University of Michigan Health System) for Pallative Care. This is of course her specialty, but she is an amazing Primary!!!
    It's so hard to find new doctors/dentists after one retires of moves. For the first 22 yrs after we married, we had the same Primary and WOW it was so hard to find someone else and when we did we only had him for about 2 yrs and he moved to Colorado!!!
    Right now the Neuphrologist I have is sooo amazing that if he was a Primary doctor, I'd absolutely go to him. As it is I see this Neuphrologist 2x's per year. Every single doctor I've had since 1990 has moved or retired or passed away....and most of these changes have happened since 2017 to present. It's only been lately that I seem to be having a harder time with change, but hey, I guess it comes with age I guess?
    Name:  Lionus & Snoopy.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  7.5 KB

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back. Glad you feel well enough to join in on the shenanigans going on here.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, I've missed your postings. Thanks for finding Jennys' tutorial for the cookie plates decoupage, it was just the idea that I needed. My sympathies regarding doctors. They are just too busy to give us the time to talk over everything we need to bring up. Praying that things will settle down and you get some much needed advice and care.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not on the forums much anymore, but it sure was good to pop in today and see you back with the group again Sugar!!
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!