Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you ever offer panels in your Daily Deals?

Or panel kits? I saw a gorgeous panel kit that was basically a panel, a charm pack, and less than a yard of fabric for the border. The charm pack was used to create a border around the panel (pinwheels or something) and then there was a plain border around that. I figured if that turned up in a daily deal, you'd get sold out!

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, cv quilter, Granny Fran thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you ever offer panels in your Daily Deals?

Try equilter. They offer one every week.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Don't listen to auntstuff, stay here and keep asking questions. We do but only every now and then. Because they're so diverse (rather, there are so many different ones) it'd probably be easier to run a panel sale (like a discount across the whole category) than pick one to put on a deep discount, or are there ones that everyone universally would love you think?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Dream Big is one I think would be very popular, if it is still available.

6. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, DeniseSm, cv quilter thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Don't listen to auntstuff, stay here and keep asking questions. We do but only every now and then. Because they're so diverse (rather, there are so many different ones) it'd probably be easier to run a panel sale (like a discount across the whole category) than pick one to put on a deep discount, or are there ones that everyone universally would love you think?
    Perfect response Alan.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

8. Thanks EnumclawGramma, sydneybean thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Cat and dog panels are ALWAYS popular. Also joke panels, like those fun seamstress ones.

And it's another quilt video tutorial opportunity too. I don't think you have any panel tuts, do you? It's an area that is awfully scant everywhere online. Designers print so many gorgeous panels, but a lot of quilters (hand in the air - me too! me too!) have NO idea what to do with them. This panel that I saw, mentioned in the OP, was the first one that took my fancy. And I immediately turned to MSQC to find something similar... only... *crickets*

I find the long list of panels too confusing. There are so many, and I just can't seem to think what to do with them. If you offered a kit, where I could just put it together, perhaps it would be less daunting to move into working with them? Dunno. Just me, perhaps?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amatino View Post
    Cat and dog panels are ALWAYS popular. Also joke panels, like those fun seamstress ones.

And it's another quilt video tutorial opportunity too. I don't think you have any panel tuts, do you? It's an area that is awfully scant everywhere online. Designers print so many gorgeous panels, but a lot of quilters (hand in the air - me too! me too!) have NO idea what to do with them. This panel that I saw, mentioned in the OP, was the first one that took my fancy. And I immediately turned to MSQC to find something similar... only... *crickets*

I find the long list of panels too confusing. There are so many, and I just can't seem to think what to do with them. If you offered a kit, where I could just put it together, perhaps it would be less daunting to move into working with them? Dunno. Just me, perhaps?
    That's why equilter.com panels. They have the patterns and fabrics to go with them.
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Search kits on msqc and you will find a few panel quilts. I've done a few by just adding a few solid borders around them.

12. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm misinterpreting, but I think the sentiment is that since MSQC focuses so heavily on precuts, there isn't as much support for panels. I think Jenny has done just one or two tutorials on panel usage (whereas yes, eQuilter seems heavily focused on panels to the point where their free patterns almost always incorporate them).

MSQC doesn't seem to shy away from precuts that target specific tastes (e.g. repro fabrics, modern collections, etc.) so I'm not sure the "but not everyone might like the panel" argument is sound, but I can see where just a single panel offering might not be enough. As a possible suggestion, rather than just offering up a panel, offer up a panel/matching precut combo? Though having taken a tour of the warehouse (and knowing how many copies of a panel MSQC would have to have on hand to make it a daily deal), it might be hard on the cutting staff to pre-cut 5,000 panels at once!

Maybe the panel sale is really the best way to handle it from a logistics perspective, given MSQC's volume. I still like the idea of pairing the panel with a precut though, especially given this tutorial: MSQC panel with borders, but it's not my business to run.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Why would anyone expect one company to manage ALL aspects of quilting. That's why there are more than one in the business. Can't see why that's such a big deal. Fact is, when you diversify TOO far, you soon end up not doing great at anything.