Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you ever offer panels in your Daily Deals?

One of my go to patterns for a panel is Panel Perfection Panel by Wing and a Prayer Design. It is quick to do and can change so much with the colors used for the fabrics around the panel so it doesn't look like the same design with different panels. I bought the pattern from MSQC but can't seem to locate it on the website now. It uses a 24 inch panel. The quilt finishes to 46" x 66". I have adjusted it for panels that are not 24 inches. Also the pattern has a blank outline of the finished quilt that you can copy (only the blank outline and for your own use only) to work on designing various color combinations for a panel.

The same company made a pattern called Panel Encore which uses 36 inch panel. Quilt finishes to 64" x 71". Here is the link https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...encore-pattern The advice of the designer is to check where your cuts will be before you cut as there are times the cut could chop in the wrong place (example head cut off) so you can adjust the cut up or down if needed.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just search Google and Pinterest for panel quilts. There are so many gorgeous examples.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There are a couple on the weekly deals, ask and you shall receive.

4. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amatino View Post
    Cat and dog panels are ALWAYS popular. Also joke panels, like those fun seamstress ones.

And it's another quilt video tutorial opportunity too. I don't think you have any panel tuts, do you? It's an area that is awfully scant everywhere online. Designers print so many gorgeous panels, but a lot of quilters (hand in the air - me too! me too!) have NO idea what to do with them. This panel that I saw, mentioned in the OP, was the first one that took my fancy. And I immediately turned to MSQC to find something similar... only... *crickets*

I find the long list of panels too confusing. There are so many, and I just can't seem to think what to do with them. If you offered a kit, where I could just put it together, perhaps it would be less daunting to move into working with them? Dunno. Just me, perhaps?
    This is great feedback, I have a few takeaways here, 1) I can better organize the panels on the site, 2) offer a little more instruction on what to do with them. Both options are ones I can make happen, as well as keep the selection high (I'm pretty sure we carry every panel that is made in the industry, but they do sell out, so maybe there's an inventory issue there)

but thanks for the feedback

6. Thanks Thayer Abaigael, Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use the panels quite often. I use them for "wall hangings" that are actually for the large window on my older home front door. I have them for most of the "seasons" and change them as the different holidays come up. Yup, Christmas (several), St Patricks Day, Veterans, Memorial and Fourth of July, Thanksgiving. Also one for each Season. I still need to do Halloween (although maybe not since I don't want kids coming to the door LOL).

Using them for baby and toddler quilts also appear popular for the Craft Fairs and as gifts. I particularly like the whimsical ones. Bambi, Mother Goose, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse usually do sell. I found an owl one here last year that I just loved. I'm just finishing it off now for the upcoming Craft Fair (standard size lap). And of course you sometimes see a saying that you just HAVE to have.

What I love about doing them is they are fast and you just have to get creative with how you want to put the borders. So it's fast and satisfying :-)

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have never done a panel quilt. I did purchase a Dream Big panel but it scares me. I can see how it would be a fast quilt for a baby shower or gift.

9. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard other people say they are scared of them. But I can't figure out what is scary to some people. What scares you about it?

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

11. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

A good place to find patterns for panels is over at Beer Creek Quilting Company they have a lot of free panel patterns.

13. Thanks auntstuff thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love panels. IMO, they already are reasonably priced without a sale. Recently I scrolled through my albums & was surprised at how many panel quilts I've made over the years. They work great if a person needs a quick gift. Many of the panels now are only 24" wide, rather than 36", so they need borders to make them larger. Depending on the panel, one can easily do an all-over FMQ design, or one can take the opportunity to do some custom quilting, which is what I did with some of my Noah's Ark panels, as well as others. M* has a zillion panels from which to choose. The search engine doesn't always take me to what I want, so it usually involves a lot of browsing, which can be time consuming. If you have the time, you can come up with your own ideas for a pieced border to make the quilt look more classy. You can use 4-patches, HSTs, piano keys, etc.