Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Metallic Fabrics for bowl cozies?! Craft Fair Item Suggestions, please...

It's obvious, right? I shouldn't use fabric that has a metallic print for bowl cozies?

[but they're so pretty!!]
    https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...quarter-bundle

Okay, so if you had this fat quarter bundle, what would you make? TIA!

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Metallic Fabrics for bowl cozies?! Craft Fair Item Suggestions, please...

It should be obvious to people to not put that cozie in the microwave but Darwin’s Law will prevail so I vote no. Make the Christmas present quilt that Jenny made.

3. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Metallic Fabrics for bowl cozies?! Craft Fair Item Suggestions, please...

The Christmas Present quilt is so lovely. However, I have been invited to participate in a holiday craft fair (my first!), so I will need to use the fabric to make items to sell.

[I hope my tongue-in-cheek tone is obvious about using the fabric for cozies. ]

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe table runners, mug rugs or placemats....

I love this pattern. It is very easy but looks complicated. At least to me.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRNsWsrAQVQ

7. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You could always make this:

file:///media/fuse/drivefs-5a6b8850d0b685710c2200a25a501689/root/Smittens_Web_Bonus.pdf

I made one and used gold metallic thread for the applique.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not so long ago, a forum member posted a pic of a cozy she made with batting that wasn't supposed to go into the microwave. She was very lucky. I would think it would happen with metallic threads and you could lose more than your cozy! Please make something else lovely with it.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

10. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There might be enough to make a Christmas Tree blanket for under the tree (that's if it's Christmas metallics). You could also do holiday potholders if the fabric is Christmas. Man Sewing had nice circular ones that were easy and quite thick . It's also on utube.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

12. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That fabric can be used for the cozies, just don't put them into the microwave! I never put mine, which are not made of metallic fabrics, into the microwave as I don't want them getting messy if what's in the bowl might boil over. I simply place the bowl in them after it's done heating up...it works fine for us.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

14. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    You could always make this:

file:///media/fuse/drivefs-5a6b8850d0b685710c2200a25a501689/root/Smittens_Web_Bonus.pdf
    I think something happened with the link. I'm interested. Would you mind checking it?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite FQ pattern is "Roaring Waves" from All people quilt... a freebie... i'm pretty sure that pack has enough to do it...
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"