Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Metallic Fabrics for bowl cozies?! Craft Fair Item Suggestions, please...

If you are looking for ideas to use this fabric specifically for items to sell at your craft fair, maybe kitchen towel toppers, hot pads, place mats or runners would be a good use of it, and items that generally do well at craft fairs...IMO. You could also make little Christmas clutch bags or zipper pouches. Small fabric items, do tend to sell better than larger items, like quilts. People are basically looking for a bargain and don't want to pay the true value of a quilt.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Metallic Fabrics for bowl cozies?! Craft Fair Item Suggestions, please...

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    If you are looking for ideas to use this fabric specifically for items to sell at your craft fair, maybe kitchen towel toppers, hot pads, place mats or runners would be a good use of it, and items that generally do well at craft fairs...IMO. You could also make little Christmas clutch bags or zipper pouches. Small fabric items, do tend to sell better than larger items, like quilts. People are basically looking for a bargain and don't want to pay the true value of a quilt.
    THANK YOU! These are all great.

As far as pot holders/hot pads, do you use a specific batting? I have a ton of 80/20, and I wonder if I could use that, since they won't be going in the microwave.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Some people will put anything in the microwave. I made hot pads for a friend of mine and I told her to not put it in the microwave.
    Insulbright should never go in the microwave. My friend forgot to tell her husband and he put his dish on top of the hot pad and microwaved it. Luckily the oven did not catch on fire. One of my sons put an Arby's sandwich in the microwave without unwrapping it. He did not think about why the outside was shiny. We had to buy a new microwave. Totally destroyed it. At least he didn't open the m. oven while it was on fire. I have noticed Arbys does not use those wrappers anymore.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thayer Abaigael View Post
    THANK YOU! These are all great.

As far as pot holders/hot pads, do you use a specific batting? I have a ton of 80/20, and I wonder if I could use that, since they won't be going in the microwave.
    Insulbrite is the batting you use for pot holders. I use 1 layer of insulbrite and 2 layers of cotton or 80/20 batting. (a layer on either side of the insulbrite.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......