• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Well Thursday has arrived

Good morning friends. Yes, Thursday is here. We didn't get the snow we were expecting last night, and that's a good thing.

I did get to the sewing room a little yesterday. I finished the top of a table runner and then I ran out of steam, LOL!! I had two pumpkins that needed to be cooked, so I did that. I also made soup. That took most of the afternoon. My cooked pumpkin then went into the food processor and into baggies. I bagged 2 cups at a time, ready for recipes. I also made two loaves of pumpkin and cranberry. And then it was back to the sewing room and I cut a white sheet into 10" squares, so I will have a supply of those.

Not sure what today will bring just yet. I do work tomorrow so I need to decide what to take with me to work on.

Have a happy Thursday everyone.

I hope that our members in California are keeping safe. Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by the fires.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Well Thursday has arrived

Good Morning All,

Zeke will be here soon, and Grandma is draggin'!

Jim finally got the stain on the quilt ladders. He's not satisfied. I don't know that I am, but just want the job done. We'll deal with any changes later. Today, according to Mike, we'll air out the garage! I think the ladders may sit outside in the sun for a while as well, to make sure they're good and dry before I bring them into my bedroom.

Last night, around midnight there was the beep, beep, beep of a truck backing up. I got up, a tow truck was picking up someone off of the exit ramp from 295. It wasn't too loud, but still enough to make me curious. Hopefully, the quilt ladders and quilts on that wall will help.

We didn't make it to the grocery store yesterday. I'll have to go today. lol, I hope Zeke doesn't wear me out too much. Tomorrow, since there won't be any kiddos here, I'm hoping to get into my sewing room.

Well, Jim's called. They're on the way. Have a great one!
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• BarbaraB
      Designer Diva
      • Dec 2016

Good morning all,
      What a grumbly grungy rainy day it is here. I wonder if I'll be able to turn off the lights today. We might get some snow today, but it's too warm to lay.

Today DD left for Cincinnati to begin her new job. We were all up at 2:30 am so it's going to be a very long day. By noon she'll be at the job site learning the ins and outs and who's who that will be her new life.

I'm planning to get out my huge ironing board and get some pressing done for future projects. I'm planning a strip quilt made out of Tula Pink fabrics and then I'm planning on a Dresden Plate quilt. I'm using fat quarters for that one.

Everybody is finally getting up so time to get to work. Have a great day!
      Barbara

Comment

• Bubby
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Hi Everyone....It's monsoon raining here but it is supposed to quit in a few hours. Maggie managed to roll in the mud this morning when Jeff took her out in the dark. She's not going to be happy about getting a bath today.

Jeff's supervisor is retiring and tomorrow is his dinner at work. I have to do some cooking....coleslaw and a dessert. I have known James for 30 years and Jeff has worked with him 20 years. My Hubby may be retiring after the new year if we can work out the medical insurance.

Wishing everyone a great day....Hugs.....
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ To those dog lovers, Jordan's Fabrics has some really cute fabric featured today in their daily e-m. It's called "Wigglebutts". They've put together a kit which includes a panel, 5" charms, etc., or the panel & fabrics can be purchased separately. I know we have a lot of dog lovers on this Forum.

Yest. a.m. was BSF; it was good to be back. My eustachean tubes have been affected by this upper resp. virus I've had, so it made it more difficult to hear the ladies during our discussion group. Afterwards, I made a quick stop at Walmart to return the belt & picked up 2 new sink mats. I have them hanging in the garage to "gas off" the strong plastic odor.

In the afternoon I finished FMQ on the panel section of the baby quilt, then did the inner border, on which I used Angela Walters' hook swirl design. I use my small straight ruler to do SITD along the edge of the border. I still have the wider outer border to do. I think I'll use Angela's serpentine design. It's quick & easy.

DH has his annual eye exam this a.m. He dreads going, esp. having his eyes dilated. I need to make a run to the groc. store for chicken & a few things. Tomorrow I will be making chicken soup again.

I thought the fabrics in today's DD were pretty, but I just don't need any more fabric.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,

There's snow on the ground and it's falling lightly. I think we are supposed to have 4" by the time it's done. I woke up at 4am, remembering that I didn't empty my tall glazed ceramic pot. I'll have to do that and store in the shed. DH put away all the garden figurines, wrapped and move patio furniture. He's pretty sore today.

I was running around so much yesterday, I was exhausted. I had a call from a cousin of mine. She was at her sister's place in town. When I called back she told me her sister's son died on Monday. He was 48 and had high blood pressure they were trying to manage. He never got to start his treatment plan. Since he lived with them, never married, both my cousin & her DH are in shock. I also caught up on her siblings, spouses and children. There has been a lot of serious illnesses and deaths. My uncle had 11 kids, so lots of GKs, spread out across he miles. I did contact another cousin to pass it along and good news she will be moving here in March. She's in her early 80s and travels extensively. She just came back from an 18 day cruise to Japan. She is planning her next trip to Africa. Mom will be happy to know this as she may be able to visit more often.

Today, DH will be here to accept delivery of a bar fridge I bought yesterday for the mudroom. It wasn't in stock, so they offered free delivery. I have a hair appt and massage today, postponed from last week.

Have an enjoyable day. Don't overdo it, unless you want to. Be safe from the rains, floods, fires and snow.

Joy - I was also tempted by today's DD, but I'm really trying to be good and resist.
            Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; November 7, 2019, 06:27 AM.
            Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Mom23
              Missouri Star
              • Jun 2011

Good Morning,

It's a dreary morning and, Barb, I think your rain is headed my way. I'm going to spend the day sewing with some friends later this morning and can't wait to get there. I miss them.

Yesterday morning I worked in my office, cleaned and did some laundry. Mom came for lunch then spent the afternoon with me in my sewing room. She went back and forth between ironing and tearing layer cake papers off the back of blocks. We got a lot accomplished. I will work on those blocks while sewing with my friends. I need to do something mindless because we talk a LOT and it's hard to concentrate.

After supper last night it was back to the sewing room. I just couldn't get focused on one thing. I started to make another snowman quilt but realized I didn't have enough Snowman Gathering fabric. Went online and ordered more from a shop on Etsy, it shipped less than an hour later! Put that project away and pulled a jelly roll I received for Christmas. Decided to make a M* tutorial, Summer in the Park. It brings back memories of my first forum retreat as that's the first project I worked on.

good-morning-greeting-wonderful-day-flowers-butterfly.jpg
              Robin

Comment

• Carol336
                Missouri Star
                • May 2013

Good morning everyone. Looks to be a busy day for us. And on top of that my mind believes it's Friday. We started back to WW last week and when we went before we always went on Friday morning, Well this time we're doing Thursday, but my brain simply does not believe that. Oh boy!!!

After WW, we have a ton of running and grocery shopping for our family breakfast on saturday morning. Then we are meeting up with a dear friend for lunch. She just lost her husband of 50 years in September and we are really hoping to help keep her spirits up.

Got my last 2 quilts back from the longarmer yesterday - now all 4 of my gkiddies christmas quilts are ready to bind and wrap - woohoo. I'll post some pictures soon.

Have a great day everyone,

Comment

• auntiemern
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Good day all. Sitting here chilling before I have to take Gabe to school. Got nothing done yesterday, after going to the hospital, and dropping DD off at work. Ended up taking Gabe home with me. Hope to get started replenishing my inventory for my next craft show. I need to make at least 120 bowlcozies, along with a few other things. I bought some lovely, prequilted fabric off of a destash site, that I may make zipper pouches from. Also may try to make some vinyl bags, since that is all you can carry into the sports venues anymore. I have an idea, just need to see if it will work.
                  I am not liking this cold, dreary, rainy weather at all. Winter, and late fall are my least favorite seasons. At least where I live I can warm up my car without fear of it being stolen. The amount of car thefts in my county is staggering.
                  Well off to take my little man to school. Prayers for all that need them. Have a great day y'all.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nwmnteacher
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2014

Good morning all,

It's cold. High of 23 today. Yesterday I just couldn't get warm and cranked the heat up to 73. I suppose that will be my story until April! My DD and I are going to NC at the end of the month to see my DS get promoted to Gunnery Sargent , so I'm looking forward to some warmer temps that week.

I don't think I accomplished much yesterday. Washed 1 load of clothes, and worked on a SS gift. Supper was ham cooked in the crockpot and baked potatoes. Hubby sliced up the whole ham, so we'll be eating ham sandwiches for a while!

I hope to spend most of the day in the sewing room. It's a small room...only 10 x11, and with all the fabric, etc. in there, it stays nice and warm and cozy :- )

Wishing all a blessed day.

Comment

• baslp
                      The Guild President
                      • Sep 2012

Good morning. It has been a busy week around here. On Tuesday I spent 4 hrs at a Toyota dealership to be there when one of our DD leased her first car. We did not expect to get it that day, but they offered her a good deal. Plus she got the recent college grad discount. So she drive home a Rav.
                      Today I just returned home from getting an injection in my lower back. I hope she hit the right spot. I hope to sew for a few minutes today, however I hav3 been on solo puppy duty. My DH is on call and I have not seen him since Mon.

Have a good day. We will get rain later today — have to find the umbrellas again.

Beth

Comment

• geegeequilts
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2015

Good morning everyone! Gray skies here & a chance of rain. I'm already tired of being cold & not knowing how many layers to wear outside. Sigh, I will adapt but you know how it is, sigh. Trying to decide how ambitious I want to be upstairs in my sewing room. Just about tweaking the finishing touches on organization. I've got to get started on two baby quilts for two nieces.

Take care, my friends if illness of any kind has you sidelined. You'll be back to your old selves soon.

Hugs, Gina

Comment

• Paisley
                          Quilting Guru
                          • Nov 2019

Today we have another foggy start to the day. This is a picture of the fog in Seattle. We’ve been out for a 3 mile walk this morning and I want to go on a bicycle ride around the lake today but when we came home I banged my head on the open cupboard door in the mud room and it still hurts. DH says we’ll go tomorrow around the lake. Might will feel better after sitting with a cup of tea but will lay low anyway. I’m going to make some cozies for gifts and might start them today.
                          3943AAAB-B581-4426-B109-45B6890EFBDC.jpg

Comment

• KarenC
                            Missouri Star
                            • Apr 2015

Good morning everyone. I'm usually reading up on you guys late at night after work. Today I am babysitting since DGD was sick earlier this week and DD needed to go back to work. so I have a sweet little one staying with me for two days. Tomorrow was my day off, so took PTO today. I'll log in a bit later and finish a file that needs to go in the payroll.

I am very uninspired to continue working on a quilt I had started for my brother and SIL, so I'm thinking about a trip to the LQS to buy fabric for a bargello. DGD is begging for my attention, so bye.
                            Karen
                            Spring, TX

Comment

• Cathy F
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2012

Hi all,
                              This day is just passing me by. I have been on the computer all afternoon getting all my downloaded files for the embroidery machines in folders and some sort of order so I can find the ones on the computer I want to download to the USB stick. I usually load them in folders but have gotten lax. I will have to be more diligent in the future.

Have not done much of anything else today and forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner so it will be some soup and sandwiches tonight which I enjoy.

Had good intentions of embroidering some towels today but got sidetracked when I couldn' t find the design I needed on the computer. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and now that I 've organized the files I will be productive, lesson learned.

Well, off to get a bite to hold me over to dinner as lunch time passed me by today.
                              Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

Comment

Working...
                              X