Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default White noise machine?

Does anyone have one of these or any experience using one? My son (adult) has a hard time sleeping and I was thinking this might make a good Christmas gift. However, when I started looking online...there are so many! Does anyone have any info to share? Thanks!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: White noise machine?

Hi, Cokie ~ I've been using a white noise machine for many years. The first one I had, which I purchased at our local Target store, finally quit. I bought one from Amazon maybe 2 yrs. ago & have been very pleased with it. I also wear ear plugs at night. I'll have to go into my account to determine which one I bought. I think it's a great idea for a Christmas gift.

Back again ~ I checked Amazon. I scrolled through all 7 pages & didn't see the model I bought --- but... when I looked at my unit, I was able to find it. What threw me off is the model displayed is black & mine is white. It is made by SonTech. It has 10 tracks or sounds, & sells for only $14.45. I use the "gray noise" track. I turn it on when I go to bed & leave it on all night.

I used to work swing shift, so the white noise mach. really helped me sleep better. It helps block out traffic, barking dogs, trains, etc. Of course, the ear plugs really help, too.
    Last edited by JCY; November 7th, 2019 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Additional info.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My DH is a very light sleeper. He sleeps much better now that we use this noise machine.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't sure if white noise would help me sleep, so I got a free app for my phone and it has a dozen or more sounds on it. It also has the ability to record a noise and then play it back in a loop (I did this with my husband's snoring and I think it helps when he goes out of town).

If he has a smart phone and plugs it in at night near his bed, this might be something to consider.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A simple humidifier will do and serves a couple of purposes, particularly if your home heating is dry. Also, I know folks who have used the weighted blankets and swear by them. Amazon has them. Watch for deals. The weight of the blanket is based on the weight range of the person using it. Not fun resting!
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry that I don't have a name or model for you, but I did want to chime in that white noise machines do wonders for my little granddaughters. A lot of noisy cars whiz by their bedroom windows, and the white noise machine allows them to keep napping.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

So, this is totally out of left field, but my 2c and a cup of coffee https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought this because the dogs tend to be... smelly. There are many folks who hate the little scent pack, but it's optional, you don't have to use it. And you can remove the scent pad and replace it with a cotton swab and a dab of essential oils. It does a fantastic job of clearing the air and making it smell fresh. But an unexpected side effect has been the white noise it creates. So your son can have clean air AND white noise, for less than $20.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I found something on Netflix. They snuck in a new category called "It's beginning to Look a Lot Like Netflix". Its's filled with holiday movies, concerts and baking shows. And then they have Fireplace. First there is classic, and wait are you ready for this.. Fireplace The Birchwood Edition. lol

Who can't fall asleep to the crackling sound of Birchwood. lol All kidding aside, it is rather pretty.
    Last edited by Hulamoon; November 10th, 2019 at 06:07 PM.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    I found something on Netflix. They snuck in a new category called "It's beginning to Look a Lot Like Netflix". Its's filled with holiday movies, concerts and baking shows. And then they have Fireplace. First there is classic, and wait are you ready for this.. Fireplace The Birchwood Edition. lol

Who can't fall asleep to the crackling sound of Birchwood. lol All kidding aside, it is rather pretty.
    I need to look for this for me! :-)

Thanks, everyone, for all of your suggestions. I'm checking them out. I appreciate the input.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use a fan. I'm hot natured so it does double duty. The noise it creates covers up a lot of annoying sounds.
    Vonnie