• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • auntiemern
    Missouri Star
    • Mar 2012

PICU Quilts

Today, my daughter Rebecca, and Gabe, and I delivered 74 quilts and dozens of pillowcases to Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. I could not do that with out the help of my quilting angels. Jean, Carol, Wendy, Charyti, Judy, Barbara, Patricia, Karen, Jean Anne, and those I am sure I have forgotten, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without you ladies, those sick and injured kids that are in the PICU, and Cancer Center would not know the love of a quilty hug, or the feel of a handmade pillow case next to their skin. ALL of you, rock my world, and humble me with your generosity, and giving spirit.
    If you would like to be a part of this wonderful ministry that I started, please join our group, PICU Quilts in Honor Of Gabe, or Pillowcases for Pheonix...ypu can find them both in the groups here. If you want to know more about why I do this to pay if forward for my my grandson, just ask.
    I wish I had a pic to share but I just didn't think to get one cuz we were kind of rushed.
    Last edited by auntiemern; November 6, 2019, 04:38 PM.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic
  • Simply Quilting
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2013

Re: PICU Quilts

This is some of the quilts and people who sewed them from the MSQC Fall Forum Retreat. Donation of children's quilts and pillowcases for Children's hospital.jpg

Comment

• Judy, USMC
      Missouri Star
      • May 2013

Great group of ladies working and donating to a wonderful outreach directly to the kids. That hospital really helped Gabe! Hopefully I'll be able to help more in 2020.

Comment

• Mom23
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2011

Marilyn, I need to get more involved in this again. Our guild is no longer donating to the local hospital so I can focus more on quilts for you. Would love to get together to deliver in the spring. I will keep in touch.
        Robin

Comment

• JCY
          Missouri Star
          • Jul 2013

Marilyn ~ For those of us who may have forgotten, or for those new ones to the Forum, would you please list the requirements for the PICU quilts? Thanks.

Comment

• auntiemern
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Mom23 View Post
            Marilyn, I need to get more involved in this again. Our guild is no longer donating to the local hospital so I can focus more on quilts for you. Would love to get together to deliver in the spring. I will keep in touch.
            I would love that Robin.

Marilyn......
            sigpic

Comment

• auntiemern
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2012

There really are no requirements other than they do not want rag quilts. Some times they use them under the kids to lay on instead of those generic mats. Any size is acceptable, from small infant size to large lap quilts. They serve all ages of children, from newborn to 18 yrs old.

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

• sewbizzy
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2012

I will start another box for you....it gives me pleasure knowing that our sewing items give the children some joy....thank you for all you do, Marilyn...
                Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

• auntiemern
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by sewbizzy View Post
                  I will start another box for you....it gives me pleasure knowing that our sewing items give the children some joy....thank you for all you do, Marilyn...
                  I love doing it.

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X