Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Wednesday!

I don't know if it is Welcome Wednesday or just Hello Wednesday. We are expecting the "S" word, could be up to 10cm or close to 4". I hope not. While I don't have anywhere to be today, it is still too early for "S". There is a little on the ground right now.

My day went well yesterday. We dropped the dog at the vet, they ask us "What do you want us to do?" Not our dog, not our responsibility. We did what we thought was right.

So no sewing was had yesterday at all. Maybe today.

I had a lovely phone conversation with Gina yesterday.

Not sure what today will bring yet.

Have a wonderful day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello Wednesday!

Good Morning....I'm having a less than stellar week. I found out last week that my arthritis is RA. I got shots in both hands last Wednesday and got zero relief. I had a mammogram last Friday and there is something suspicious they want to check out further. At least I got my dental work done for now.

Dottie seemed to have a great day yesterday but she's sure droopy today so far. It's raining and much more is heading our way. The puppers are good.

We have a LOT on our plate right now in addition to the above and your prayers would be a blessing.

Have a good day everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~

Barb ~ I sure hope all will be well with the questionable mammogram. You'll be in my thought & prayers.

I had a busy day yest. First off was the mammogram & bone density exam. That took barely 40 min. for both. Then it was on to the LQS to look for background fabric for the Kaffe Fassett LC I recently bought when it was the DD. I found exactly what I needed. I hate to pay $12.99/yd., but I get a 10% discount by being a guild member. I suppose when one adds on shipping to an internet order, maybe it's a wash. I also bought 2 pkgs. of needles, 1 for my DSM & 1 for the LA. I always enjoy browsing the store even if I don't buy. The new owner carries a much larger inventory of fabrics, so it's fun just to look. One of the clerks has a fuzzy little dog who comes to the store with her. She has her sleeping basket & toys. The customers love on her. She's 6 mos. old now.

Had my quick lunch at Wendy's -- only $2.70. Then it was on to Walmart. It had been a while since I've been there, so it took a while to find everything. I still have to look--and sometimes ask--to find things since they remodeled the store. I bought a belt for DH. It's too small & he didn't like the buckle, so I'll have to return that for a refund. Maybe I can find what he needs at Kohl's. We no longer have a Penney's store.

Today is Bible Study Fellowship; it's my week to play the piano.

5. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

I had grand plans to clean yesterday morning then spend the rest of the day in my sewing room but I only got to spend two hours. Not near enough when I have a goal to reduce my stash! I started making a calendar on VistaPrint for my in-laws. I wanted to add the birthday, age in 2020, anniversary and number of years for all 80+ family members, then had to find pictures of the 11 families. It took all afternoon but I'm done with the exception of one picture. Husband came home and burst my bubble when he said they probably won't use it, they'll use the freebie from church. They're getting it anyway, they don't need anything.

I haven't seen my mom in awhile so I invited her over for lunch today. I have a motive though. I want to spend time in my sewing room and she loves to iron. Looks like my afternoon will go as planned and double the work will get accomplished!

Monique - Bless you and your friend for taking care of the dog.

Barb - Of course, you and Jeff are in my prayers. I'm sorry you are having to go through so much at one time. Grandma always said "when it rains, it pours".

Joy - Good luck with your return to WalMart. I've had to wait in long lines with my last two returns so I quit buying anything questionable there. Their customer service is next to nothing now days. Glad you're getting back to Bible Study, you must be feeling better.

Have a great day!

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  8.4 KB
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

7. Thanks auntiemern, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    There was frost on the plants this morning, still no snow. It very dreary without any colour, but I can wait for the white stuff.
    Barb - I will keep you in my thoughts. You do seem to be taking hits lately. Hopefully all will be ok.

Yesterday, I visited mom and showed the hanging gardens top around. There was commotion in the halls, then all the staff came to admire. I agree I do love the colours and pattern. It's going to be a repeat pattern for me. I found out that one of the resident who we would meet at social hour passed away last week. He was quite ill and always in a lot of pain. He apparently chose his date to die, and it was done at a local hospital. A priest came to talk to him about his decision, but it was already made. Mom's residence was owned by the Gray nuns, and while it's been sold, there is still a strong presence. It's sad but I respect his decision.

DH and I went to a craft store for glue to fix binding on books. I found some xmas gift for my GKs. We stopped at McD, as I was craving fries and burger. Since I'm still taking it easy, it was all good, no reaction. I also handsewed the binding on a VQC quilt while watching TV. I just need to add label and another one is done.

Today is going to be busy as I try to squeeze in a lot around the winter tire change. There's a bazaar at mom's place where I have often picked up great finds. Need to do all those pesky things I have been putting off. Then at dinnertime, I will go to DD and give GD her birthday gift. Well nothing is going to get done if I don't get a move on.

Have a good day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It has been a busy week so far. I've been at my sister's helping her pack and also working on finishing up some things for the craft fair. All that along with trying to get a lot of Christmas shopping and projects done before Thanksgiving and all the regular everyday stuff has made me a bit fretful. Darling hubby is trying to take things off of my "fret" list as he calls it. Tomorrow he will be taking my car in for inspection so I don't have to make time for that. One more thing off my list.

And so with all that being said, I am going to get my day moving along so I can get more things crossed off my list. Barb, prayers for some relief for your RA pain and also for a good outcome for the questions from your mammo and all the other things on your plate right now.

Monique, I hope you don't get too much snow. Joy, it's good to see you are out and about like your usual self again. Robin, enjoy your lunch with your mom. Suzanne, happy to see you are still on rhe mend.

Enjoy your day everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; November 6th, 2019 at 10:54 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Sun is shining this morning and Bluejays are already looking for their peanuts. As soon as they see us in the sun room they come and let us know they're ready to eat. We put the peanuts on the outside table and they have gotten so used to us they practically take them out of your hand. You can sit at the table and they come right beside you to take a peanut.

Today I think we'll take a ride out to the Pottery Barn outlet by us. They are having a 50 percent off sale on everything and some select departments 70 percent. The outlet prices are about half of their retail store prices and with the sale it's worth taking a look. I've gotten some great buys out there in the past.

Didn't do much in the sewing room yesterday just an Elf shoe. Went to Michael's and stocked up on some things I needed.

We met friends for dinner last night and got caught up with what everyone has been up to, was glad to see our friend is doing well as she had brain surgery last year and has made great progress.

I will most likely be hosting Thanksgiving this year so have to start thinking about the menu and side dishes. It will just be my husband and I and I think my son and daughter-in-law, and the 3 grandkids may come as they are in the midst of renovations at their house.

Barb, you know you are always in my prayers.
    Joy, glad to see your are feeling better.
    Ginny, will see you on the 16th!

Well, time to get moving and a second cup of coffee. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

Barb, I'm sorry to hear about all the trials coming your way. You have lots of Forum friends sending prayers for you.

Yesterday was a workday at J's. It was fairly busy for a Tuesday. Besides the regular work, we're all bustling about trying to get all the Christmas products stocked. I don't work again until the weekend, so I hope to get some projects finished in the sewing room.

We're having cold weather... forecasted in the 20's and even in the teens for the next 10 days. Brrrrrrr, I don't like the cold. Thankfully, not snow predicted. Monique, please keep all of yours up north!

Not much else going on here. I just made a second cup of coffee, so I'm off to enjoy that and hopefully find some ambition.

Best wishes for your day, everyone.

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots of sunshine but the temps are still hovering around 30-40 degrees. With the wind blowing, it feels like zero. Just got back from getting my blood drawn for next weeks doc visit. Just a yearly check up. (knock on wood)

The boys will follow me into the sewing room and get on their "cushions".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the boys in my sewing room.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	161219

A short time later,, In strolls the cat and climbs up into her "tree" to look down on all the noise. All of us know who is the Queen/Boss in this house hold.

Prayers going out to all. Maybe I'll find time to get back here today.

And I don't know why that next photo showed up here.. I was gonna do a WIP post and it just couldn't wait to pop out and introduced itself..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191030_153804.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	161218  
    Last edited by Granny Judy; November 6th, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello to all this early afternoon. Back from dr. appt & got my jell injections in both knees. If I could dance I'd be doing the happy one. Monique, enjoyed our chat yesterday , hope we didn't disturb the hubby too much, lol.

Praying for all that are having medical issues to come to a happy end. Judy, love the photo of your furbabies! They look so stinking cute!

Stay dry/warm & don't overdo. Be careful if you have to go out & about.

Gina

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post