• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onaemtnest
    Machine Stitcher
    • Feb 2012

Please Help Me Find Pattern Sheet Le Bouquet Quilt Kit

Hello~
    I was gifted this quilt kit (link to kit page on MSQ below) by my Aunt who recently passed away. The pattern sheet isn't in the kit. It was a free download at one time I've been told, no longer available from Wilmington. I have contacted MSQ to see if they might possibly have just the pattern sheet haven't heard back from them as of yet.

Then I thought maybe someone here might still have their copy of the pattern? I don't think it would be a copyright infringement to ask for a copy as it at one time was a free download. Fortunately much of the fabric is still available as I'd like to purchase more of the focus (floral) fabric to make matching throw pillows.

Le Bouquet https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...-bed-quilt-kit.

I've spent hours searching for the pattern and I guess, this is my last ditch effort to perhaps find the pattern for this lovely kit/fabric.

I will be so very grateful to any help, suggestions that you may have.
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

Re: Please Help Me Find Pattern Sheet Le Bouquet Quilt Kit

If you don't hear from M*, I'd fill in the contact us, on the Wilmington Prints page and ask them about the pattern. You might be able to copy and paste the picture in on that email to give them more information.

I searched the Wilmington page, but didn't see anything like that quilt. I hope you'll be able to find a pattern for it. It's a beautiful quilt.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• Caroline T.
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2016

Keepsake Quilting is also selling a current kit with that pattern, you might try them to see if you can get just the pattern.

Keepsake Quilting features a rich collection of high-quality cotton quilting fabrics, quilt kits, quilting patterns, sewing notions and more at the best prices!

Comment

• onaemtnest
        Machine Stitcher
        • Feb 2012

Katrina~

Thank-you so much for spending time in helping me search.

I'm so dismayed as it was a gift and I'd love to honor her memory by completing the quilt in this pattern, I should have opened it sooner and then, I wouldn't be in this pickle situation. I suppose I could try and find someone who has a quilting program that could replicate the pattern from the picture, I'm so pattern dependent I can't imagine doing it on graph paper.

Thanks again, quilters are some of the most generous people on earth in sharing and helping.

Warm Smiles,
        Onalee in Idaho

Comment

• nativetexan
          Banned
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2018

here it is https://bearcreekquiltingcompany.com...quilt-pattern/
          now it has a panel. do you have that?

Comment

• onaemtnest
            Machine Stitcher
            • Feb 2012

Hello ~ Yes, that is the fabric, but not the pattern that my link above in my first post shows MSQ which I understand was a free download from Wilmington. Thank you so much for looking for me. I have the fabric but no directions to make the quilt as pictured.
            Smiles,
            Onalee

Comment

• onaemtnest
              Machine Stitcher
              • Feb 2012

Hello Caroline ~

Thank-you contacting Keepsake customer service the only way to obtain the pattern is to buy the kit and as noted I have the fabric, from MSQ kit just no directions.

Thanks so much for pointing me in Keepsakes direction.

Warm Smiles,
              Onalee

Comment

• MRoy
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2011

Have you tried contacting Wilmington Prints? https://wilmingtonprints.com/contact/
                There is also an 800# listed on their website: 800-829-0066
                If you're on Facebook, you can send a message from their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/WilmingtonPrints/
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• SallyO'Sews
                  Missouri Star
                  • Nov 2012

Oohh, this is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait for you to show us pics of the finished product.

Counting on the forum pros to correct any errors here:

So, looking at this pattern, it appears to be not so complicated. You have sets of four flying geese (see photo; theirs go from darker to lighter as you go up, and the order of fabrics is the same in each set) sashed on either side. This should make a square.

Then you cut triangles from the larger print fabrics, and stitch the long edge of each one to one side of your sashed flying geese square. Now you have a big square. You'll want 16 of the big squares.

Use the sashing fabric for the inner border, and 8 additional flying geese units (no sashing) and 5" strips of the the gray hour-glass fabric for the outer border, with HST's in the corners.

As far as size goes, I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the sashing strips are cut at 2.5", so the flying geese would finish at 2" x 4.5" (use 2.5" strips to make the geese). Your sashed flying geese will be about 8.5" square, so cut squares that are 8.5" (or however your sashed geese units come out) on a side, and then cut across diagonally to make the triangles. You'll need a total of thirty-two 8.5" squares, cut into 64 triangles.

Hope that helps! Have fun; this will be a lovely tribute to your aunt.
                  Last edited by SallyO'Sews; November 6, 2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• sydneybean
                    The Guild President
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by onaemtnest View Post
                    Hello ~ Yes, that is the fabric, but not the pattern that my link above in my first post shows MSQ which I understand was a free download from Wilmington. Thank you so much for looking for me. I have the fabric but no directions to make the quilt as pictured.
                    Smiles,
                    Onalee
                    The one posted from Bear Creek quilting is the same pattern. Flip it once to the right and you can see that is it. You just need to make a few more blocks to replace the center panel. The colors are switched but it is the same pattern
                    So. Illinois just south of St Louis County

Comment

• sydneybean
                      The Guild President
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by sydneybean View Post
                      The one posted from Bear Creek quilting is the same pattern. Flip it once to the right and you can see that is it. You just need to make a few more blocks to replace the center panel. The colors are switched but it is the same pattern
                      It is a free download so it doesn't hurt to download and take a peek. Maybe sketch it out on graph paper to the colors of the fabric you have

Comment

• Caroline T.
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by sydneybean View Post
                        I don't see it being the same quilt as the one that onaemtnest posted a link to. But then, maybe I'm not seeing the same thing you are?

It may have the same name, and use the same fabric, but the pattern (yes I downloaded and printed) is completely different - even if you replace the panel with additional blocks. The Bear Creek pattern does not have the flying geese or the quarter square triangles or sashing, and the borders are completely different.

Comment

• sydneybean
                          The Guild President
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                          I don't see it being the same quilt as the one that onaemtnest posted a link to. But then, maybe I'm not seeing the same thing you are?

It may have the same name, and use the same fabric, but the pattern (yes I downloaded and printed) is completely different - even if you replace the panel with additional blocks. The Bear Creek pattern does not have the flying geese or the quarter square triangles or sashing, and the borders are completely different.
                          flip it once and you will see it. Then she just has to make a few extra blocks to go in the middle. I'm pretty sure it is the same.

Comment

• Hulamoon
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jul 2012

It doesn't look the same to me. That extra touch with the geese just aren't there.

I couldn't find anything and I'm usually a good looker. I hope you can find it or get the help to map it out.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

• MRoy
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jul 2011

The patterns are slightly similar but they aren't alike.
                              Untitled (2).jpg
                              *~* Myrna *~*
                              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                              X