Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please Help Me Find Pattern Sheet Le Bouquet Quilt Kit

Quote Originally Posted by sydneybean View Post
    The one posted from Bear Creek quilting is the same pattern. Flip it once to the right and you can see that is it. You just need to make a few more blocks to replace the center panel. The colors are switched but it is the same pattern
    It is a free download so it doesn't hurt to download and take a peek. Maybe sketch it out on graph paper to the colors of the fabric you have

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The one posted from Bear Creek quilting is the same pattern. Flip it once to the right and you can see that is it. You just need to make a few more blocks to replace the center panel. The colors are switched but it is the same pattern
    I don't see it being the same quilt as the one that onaemtnest posted a link to. But then, maybe I'm not seeing the same thing you are?

It may have the same name, and use the same fabric, but the pattern (yes I downloaded and printed) is completely different - even if you replace the panel with additional blocks. The Bear Creek pattern does not have the flying geese or the quarter square triangles or sashing, and the borders are completely different.

3. Thanks Babs quilts, DeniseSm thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline T. View Post
    I don't see it being the same quilt as the one that onaemtnest posted a link to. But then, maybe I'm not seeing the same thing you are?

It may have the same name, and use the same fabric, but the pattern (yes I downloaded and printed) is completely different - even if you replace the panel with additional blocks. The Bear Creek pattern does not have the flying geese or the quarter square triangles or sashing, and the borders are completely different.
    flip it once and you will see it. Then she just has to make a few extra blocks to go in the middle. I'm pretty sure it is the same.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't look the same to me. That extra touch with the geese just aren't there.

I couldn't find anything and I'm usually a good looker. I hope you can find it or get the help to map it out.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The patterns are slightly similar but they aren't alike.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled (2).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	161226
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

7. Thanks Babs quilts, Caroline T. thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, my bad. I missed the geese part of the pattern. I was looking at the strips and notices they just needed to be flipped to get the effect.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, my bad. I missed the geese part of the pattern. I was looking at the strips and notices they just needed to be flipped to get the effect.

Hello Everyone, I so appreciate everyone's help in deciphering this pattern in your efforts to help me. I cannot believe how obsessed I am in completing this quilt and presenting it to my Aunt's daughter as a gift.

I spoke with a wonderful customer service person at MSQ and she explained that these kits are delivered to these quilt stores already packaged for sale from time-to-time something is missing, some fabric or a the pattern. So this is a cautionary tale to open kits and make sure a kit from the manufacturer isn't missing something. I'm so guilty of purchasing and not 'getting' to making a quilt so I don't fault my Aunt.

If I understood the MSQ customer representative correctly that since the quilt kits are sealed the quilt stores would have no access to the patterns per sey. She wasn't sure if it was ever a free pattern offered via Wilmington. So I guess I'm at a dead end. Perhaps someone with a EQ program would be able to reproduce the pattern.

I again, so appreciate all the wonderful suggestions and help this forum has provided!

Warm Smiles to All,
    Onalee
    Last edited by onaemtnest; November 7th, 2019 at 11:58 AM.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

If I were trying to reproduce this I would break it down into the base units.
    Flying geese sets of 4 with a sashing along the long sides to make them into a square....add half squares to each side of that. Those blocks 4 across and 4 down make the center. Add a border around that and then flying geese, half square triangles and strips make the outer border.

It is a pretty quilt. Please don't give up on making it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I found an old listing for the kit on Wilmington's site. But it didn't say there was a free download. Instead, it said you could get a free pattern from your LQS that sold you the kit.

But I haven't given up! I'm going to check the Wayback Machine ( a marvelous resource for old websites) to see if it shows up. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, have you looked on Pinterest? If you can find the quilt, you may be able to contact the maker and see if she still has the pattern. Quilters rarely throw anything away!
    Last edited by GuitarGramma; November 7th, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Babs,
    What an encouraging response to my request, thank-you! I've not given up and still am hoping to get the pattern figured out.

People from Colorado are the best especially talking of you.... ) I say that because we lived in the Denver metro area for 35 years. After our early retirement decided we'd like less hectic more laid back. We are such Rocky Mountain people, Viola! Idaho...same climate, same mountains LESS population! Miss Colorado but the way it was along the front range, too many people found out the secret of what a great area Colorado was to live in.

Quilty (((Hugs))) sent to you,
    Onalee

13. Thanks Babs quilts thanked for this post