Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Tuesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Tuesday

Well POOF, my post disappeared.

Good morning friends. I had an okay day yesterday although I didn't do much of anything. I did do a load of laundry though. I just don't have the inclination to be in the sewing room even knowing I have a bunch of things that need to get done. Luckily I was able to finish my SS swap gifts.

Today I am headed to the city with my neighbour. She has an appointment and is not sure how to get there by herself. And then this evening I have a Lionettes meeting.

Next Monday is Remembrance Day here in Canada. I think both boys will be coming to participate in our local ceremony here in our little neck of the woods. One is coming for sure. Les changed his shift from Monday to Tuesday so he could be there as well.

Well that's it for me. Have an awesome day everyone.

Well a little excitement after I signed off here. It seems a dog was thrown from a vehicle in front of my house into the neighbour's yard. The squealing was terrible and it got me off my chair to look what was making that noise. Christine now has the little doggie in her house and we will take it to the vet on our way through town. While I am not a dog person, it is still sad that this happened. The dog doesn't appear to be hurt just terrified.
    Last edited by Monique; November 5th, 2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Tuesday

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

Yesterday was a short school day. Morgan dropped Esther off at Pre K at 9 and then Jonathan after that. Nana picked up J at 11:30. So, we got what we could get done and forgot the rest.

It's cloudy this morning, radar is showing some nasty storms are off the coast and a warm front is stalled on top of us. The AC is already running this morning.

I think this afternoon, I may just take a nap! This time change is really messing my sleep cycles up. But what I really need to do is go to the grocery store for a stock up haul, from paper goods, to cleaning goods, it seems like everything is running out this month. Won't that be fun... NOT.

Facebook posted pictures of my Good Night Howard in the memories this morning. I do love that pattern. I hope Jim and Morgan are loving it. It goes so well with their paint colors in their bedroom. I'm thinking about making Morgan's Mom and Dad a quilt for Christmas next year. Maybe, it will be another Good Night Irene, but I do like the new strip club pattern from Cozy Quilts.

The boy should be here soon, so I'd best get something to eat real quick.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

3. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning to all,

It's a dark and gloomy looking day here but pretty warm as far as temperature goes. Despite that, all the animals are showing a distinct lack of motivation for the day. I wish I could burrow under the blankets again like they can.

Yesterday I was notified that the quilt I sent to M* in September is on its way back to me. I don't remember what quilting pattern I choose, and I left the thread color up to whomever quilted it.....it's going to be a surprise for sure. I know I have the binding made, just need to find it in the stack of in-progress quilts. I'll finally have my own bed sized quilt!!

Today we're also headed to the store for a bulk run on non-food supplies to get us through the winter. I actually don't mind doing this, but I think it's more because we don't worry about any budget. If we feel we need it, we get it. It's guilt free I guess. And then peace of mind knowing I'm not going to run out of paper products or cleaning supplies. In the winter we lose our driveway due to snow and ice, and it's a long haul uphill from the road to the door of the house.

Well DH is getting his coffee. As soon as his heart has started we're off to start the day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and productive day!! Ta Ta!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning to everyone, before and aft,

Monique: What a heartbreaking event, when we see animals are treated with such disregard. You and Christine are wonderful people, to care for the innocent soul. Thank you.

Today I'm confident I'll be finishing prototypes of several items that I might sell in my first attempt at participating in a Holiday Craft Market. I've got a separate post, with questions, that's been mulling around, so I'll probably post that later today.

It's been so chilly here, I get to pull out the stash of recreated woolen sweatercoats that I've made. I love being wrapped up in them, and am excited when the temps get low enough to wear the on a regular basis. Hope everyone is surrounded by comfort and joy today.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Not sure what's on my agenda today except maybe a quick run to Michael's, almost out of glue sticks and a few other craft supplies.

Yesterday I stitched out two more lace angels and a few more of the cute elf shoes. Today the lace is dried so I 'll assemble the angels and it will be another thing crossed off the ordered list.

I was supposed to attend a quilt retreat this week but decided not to go. I used to love these retreats and I love seeing the gals each year but it seems lately it is just too much to pack, the machines heavy to carry and lift in and out of car, and 5 hours of traveling each way, I find it's just getting easier to stay home and sew. Does anyone else feel that way or am I just getting old!?

Today I have to go and vote. Time to oust those who didn't live up to their campaign promises and give some new faces a chance to prove their worth.

Well before I can do anything I need some coffee to kick in so time to fire up the Keurig. Wishing everyone a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning one and all. The kids don't have school today so I got to sleep in. Will be heading there in a bit to get Gabe, and give him his morning meds. Didn't do much of anything yesterday. I needed a down time day after the hustle and bustle of the past 4 weeks, and the week end. I did make a run to J's to pick up Cardinals and STL. Blues fabric, since I need to start sewing for my show the first weekend of Dec., and they are the only place that sells those fabrics. They were having a pretty good sale, so I did get a few fabrics that I thought would make cute cozy's...I have another 100+ to make for that show. I have gotten so when I fabric shop I only look for 2 styles of fabrics. Fabric that makes cute kid quilts, and fabric for bowl cozies.
    My coffee seems to be exceptionally good today. I have never been a get up and go person. I need my coffee drinking, wake up time, for at least 45 minutes before I can function. That is where I am at the moment.
    Have a blessed day one and all. Make sure you tell your peeps you love them, you never know when you will lose that chance. Hugs and love to my forum peeps.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Thankfully, I had a much better night's sleep last night. No skunk & cooler temps. I slept very well. I woke up only 20 min. before the alarm, rather than an hour. I'm still not adjusted to the time change.

Yest. the Anasazi beans were cooked by noon & stored in the freezer. After lunch, I headed to the sewing room. Oiled the bobbin area on the Baby Lock Tiara, did some practicing, then started the FMQ on this panel baby quilt. It's going pretty well. In 2 different sessions I finished almost the entire panel section. There still are 2 borders to do. I can definitely feel it in my hands that I've been quilting again.

Today is my annual mammogram. It also was time for a bone density dexa scan, so those appts. are back to back. After that, it's off to Walmart to stock up on a lot of things. I have a long list. I also need to stop at Whole Foods for some turkey bacon.

Angela Walters' next video is out on how to FMQ the 9-patch. I watched it yest. & printed off the PDF. Haven't taken time to practice yet. I did not buy her panel. I'm just going to use a Sharpie & draw the blocks on a plain FQ sandwich.

It's supposed to be close to 60 today, so it will be a good day to run errands.

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all my forum friends. I haven't been around much these past few months. When I'm home, I seem to have mild depression. I get up expecting to find my Sammy Bird waiting for me and when I come in the house, I start to find she isn't there. We put a fire in the wood stove this week and she wasn't running over to help. But, its getting better. At least I'm not crying all the time.
    DH has driven me bonkers what with wanting to move to the coast, looking for a house, backing down from it and then he got on a kick of wanting a boat. We don't need a boat. We live 10 hours from the ocean...but after three more trips down there, looking for a boat...we now have one beautiful boat in our yard. Its a monster. I have no idea how we can ever expect to launch it and if we do, how we'll manage to get it back on the trailer. Oh well, he is having a wonderful time petting it.
    On Thursday we will go to DS to see GD in a band concert honoring vets. That will be nice.
    I have been sewing a little. Made burp cloths and bibs yesterday for the new GB coming in January. Need to put snaps on the bibs, or maybe Velcro. Not sure.
    KNow that I think of all of you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for checking in Terry.... Your a strong gal.. you recognize it and will deal... Life throws these punches once in a while and it gets harder to deal.. Know that you will find strength from your crafts... it's been sanity for me for YEARS.. and the giving back helps immensely... Something you do so well... Your in my thoughts and prayers... Hugs, GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

The sun is shining and temps aren't too bad today. I've got all the blinds and curtains open so I can take in the beauty. I finally got to spend a couple hours in my sewing room last night. It was mostly to clean up and organize but it felt good to get back. This morning I'm going to quickly get my household and office chores done so I can spend the afternoon sewing. One more secret santa gift and I will be ready to wrap and pack.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	411d32b6e4b31bdba26ea0d66b511261.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	161206
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post