• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Welcome Tuesday

Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
    Good morning one and all. The kids don't have school today so I got to sleep in. Will be heading there in a bit to get Gabe, and give him his morning meds. Didn't do much of anything yesterday. I needed a down time day after the hustle and bustle of the past 4 weeks, and the week end. I did make a run to J's to pick up Cardinals and STL. Blues fabric, since I need to start sewing for my show the first weekend of Dec., and they are the only place that sells those fabrics. They were having a pretty good sale, so I did get a few fabrics that I thought would make cute cozy's...I have another 100+ to make for that show. I have gotten so when I fabric shop I only look for 2 styles of fabrics. Fabric that makes cute kid quilts, and fabric for bowl cozies.
    My coffee seems to be exceptionally good today. I have never been a get up and go person. I need my coffee drinking, wake up time, for at least 45 minutes before I can function. That is where I am at the moment.
    Have a blessed day one and all. Make sure you tell your peeps you love them, you never know when you will lose that chance. Hugs and love to my forum peeps.
    Jackman’s still has some of the limited edition St. L Blues Stanley Cup fabric, if you are looking for something unique.

Comment

• auntiemern
      Missouri Star
      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
      Jackman’s still has some of the limited edition St. L Blues Stanley Cup fabric, if you are looking for something unique.
      Thanks. I saw it listed on the JoAnn site, but did not have it in store.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

• Jean Sewing Machine
        Missouri Star
        • Jan 2012

Hello all! Been reading these posts almost every day, but October has been a crazy busy month. And posting my pictures from my iPad doesn’t work any more, so I haven’t been able to do Show and tell! So this will just be “tell, no show!”

I got to display my quilts at our local theatre lobby for the month of October, today I had to take them down. Had 18 of them to display, and many were UFOs I found in my stash that needed finishing. Now they are stashed in the garage waiting for a new home. I am working on Costuming a show for a local group, it’s a military story set in WWII. I have been sewing jackets and insignia like crazy, hopefully today I will finally finish up. The show starts Thursday. Then, I have been trying to trap a groundhog who has huge tunnels and burrows under my deck. The past two days I’ve caught two different possums, one was a little guy and the other was a big fat grandpa! Took them over to the park to rehome them!

Now back to the last few things to finish for my show. Tomorrow, I am taking a certification class to use the long arms at a local shop. I have a long arm, but it only has a 10 foot frame. Theirs have 14 foot frames. So when I have big quilts to finish, I will use their machines! Need to learn how to load and set up a different brand of machine. It ought to be interesting!

Nice weather here today, but the weather people keep slipping in the dreaded “snow” word in the forecast. Saw that Missouri Star had some snow last week. So it could be coming my way soon!

Comment

• Simply Quilting
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2013

Good afternoon! It has been busy and painful around here the past few days. On Friday, took middle ds out for his 15th birthday. And then met my folks to pick up potatoes, carrots, cabbage, and onions. There is a truck that comes in full of produce on Fridays in the fall that has wonderful produce that is way cheaper than what we can get in the store. The carrots were huge - easily got a cup and a half or more of chopped carrots out of just one carrot. We worked up the potatoes, carrots and some of the onions that night.

The weather forecasters had said that it was going to be a painful weekend and it was. Saturday I had a horrid migraine that finally became less after taking a combination of medications. Which I was grateful for as ds had bowling on Saturday morning. Then all three of the older ones went with grandma to the football game. It wasn't much of a game as she dropped them off at the start of the fourth quarter. The final score was 79 to zero - like I said not much of a game. In the evening, I finally felt like some sewing so I started framing photos of a quilt. I was able to get all the pictures done and the main panel before I ran out of sashing strips so going to cut some more.

Sunday was a quiet day around here.

Yesterday I had a game plan that went out the door when a friend needed some help. I was able to get pictures of all of the Secret Santa gifts. Then in the evening, I wrapped them as I watched a movie. Today middle ds had two fillings, then we mailed the Secret Santa gifts and I went up and bought some basketball tickets for the college games. Not many reserve seating tickets left as the men's team is such a winning team. They are 100 wins out of 105 games. We have to wait til in December to be able to buy the rest of the tickets for the season. Not sure why but they are not all open unless you were a fan club member and season ticket holder.

The rest of the afternoon will be baking breads for tomorrow's quilt ladies get together. No time for the sewing room today.

Have a good day everyone

Comment

• pcbatiks
            Missouri Star
            • Mar 2012

Good afternoon. I had surgery to set my broken finger yesterday. The Dr used pins that will come out in 3 to 4 weeks. Right hand so I will be out of commission for probably about 6 weeks as far as quilting goes.... which makes me want to quilt even more. ��

Hope y’all have a good day and I will gather more inspiration for future projects.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
            X