Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome Tuesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Tuesday

Another beautiful day here with the sun shining and cool temps. The dog and cat have not realized the time has changed so I was up pretty early to feed and let out for exercise.
    I am delighted that I finally finished quilting on the king quilt, have the binding sewn to the front and started sewing down on the back. I got about a third of it sewn last night, hooray.
    I am with Marilyn about coffee getting my day going. I didn't drink it until about 6-7 years ago but can't do well without it now.
    Glad to see Terry back posting, Lori, too. There hasn't been as much conversation of late, hope it continues to pick up. I miss my friends here if they don't hop in occasionally.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grammaterry View Post
    Good morning to all my forum friends. I haven't been around much these past few months. When I'm home, I seem to have mild depression. I get up expecting to find my Sammy Bird waiting for me and when I come in the house, I start to find she isn't there. We put a fire in the wood stove this week and she wasn't running over to help. But, its getting better. At least I'm not crying all the time.
    DH has driven me bonkers what with wanting to move to the coast, looking for a house, backing down from it and then he got on a kick of wanting a boat. We don't need a boat. We live 10 hours from the ocean...but after three more trips down there, looking for a boat...we now have one beautiful boat in our yard. Its a monster. I have no idea how we can ever expect to launch it and if we do, how we'll manage to get it back on the trailer. Oh well, he is having a wonderful time petting it.
    On Thursday we will go to DS to see GD in a band concert honoring vets. That will be nice.
    I have been sewing a little. Made burp cloths and bibs yesterday for the new GB coming in January. Need to put snaps on the bibs, or maybe Velcro. Not sure.
    KNow that I think of all of you.
    Morning Terri, glad to see you back we missed you!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

4. Thanks grammaterry, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's a true November day here...cloudy, drizzle, cool, and everything is so gray now that the leaves are mostly down. The farm stand closed for the season. My nesting instinct is in full gear. Lots of fall cleaning is going on.
    Today I've got to vote and get packed for a trip to VA. I'll be away just 4 days visiting family.
    I ripped out all the quilting on the tree skirt. I'm going to re-baste it and try a different thread and a different machine. I also finished my block for the guild meeting next week and made my name tag (because I'm new). I'm very excited to finally belong to a guild here in town. I've been to one meeting and everyone was warm and welcoming.
    I think it will be grilled salmon for supper, not sure about sides.
    That's about it for now. Hope everyone has a good day. Oh, and so happy to hear from you Terry!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all, and welcome back Terry, one day at a time.

Monique - how sad for the dog and careless of owners. Did anyone get a description of car? They could be charged.

Yesterday was VictorIa quilts. I sewed some blocks together, made by another member. I brought it home to add a border or two. I also had a member bring me a large quilt to quilt for another charity. She's an older lady in her 80s and mentioned it to me last month. I don't recall agreeing, as she was going to measure it. I guess I will FMQ this winter, pro bono - no rush. It's a log cabin with 1" strips, some cotton, some poly.

I'm going to see mom today and pay her caregiver. I will bring the quilt top I finished from retreat. DH is off to Michael's - he's looking for special glue to repair some of his vintage books. It's good he has many interests and hobbies, but it all takes up space. He was working on organizing garage, in the hope he has space to park his car this winter. Oh, I know how, but it would mean getting rid of a lot of stuff.

I guess it's time to put away fall coats and bring out a few winter items. Not ready for that dreaded s**w word.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh mercy, that was worse than pulling teeth today!

During home school, I managed to hang my blouses that I wash and dried yesterday, empty and load the dishwasher, make my grocery list, strip and remade the bed. I got tired of waiting for J to quit making noises and just get the work done. Boy, you should have seen his 'attitude' change when his Dad called mid morning! lol. Jim had an assessment for his coding schooling this morning while he was on his break. He was excited about the complements he was given on his work. He has permission to go on to the next set of lessons. Good thing, he's already done 5 of them. Anyway, J turned into the speed demon finishing up everything I'd prepared for him to accomplish and I got a lot of piddly things checked off of my list, too.

Mike will be home shortly, we can go to the bank and then off to the grocery store. Oh boy, more fun!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

9. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    Good morning one and all. The kids don't have school today so I got to sleep in. Will be heading there in a bit to get Gabe, and give him his morning meds. Didn't do much of anything yesterday. I needed a down time day after the hustle and bustle of the past 4 weeks, and the week end. I did make a run to J's to pick up Cardinals and STL. Blues fabric, since I need to start sewing for my show the first weekend of Dec., and they are the only place that sells those fabrics. They were having a pretty good sale, so I did get a few fabrics that I thought would make cute cozy's...I have another 100+ to make for that show. I have gotten so when I fabric shop I only look for 2 styles of fabrics. Fabric that makes cute kid quilts, and fabric for bowl cozies.
    My coffee seems to be exceptionally good today. I have never been a get up and go person. I need my coffee drinking, wake up time, for at least 45 minutes before I can function. That is where I am at the moment.
    Have a blessed day one and all. Make sure you tell your peeps you love them, you never know when you will lose that chance. Hugs and love to my forum peeps.
    Jackman’s still has some of the limited edition St. L Blues Stanley Cup fabric, if you are looking for something unique.

11. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Jackman’s still has some of the limited edition St. L Blues Stanley Cup fabric, if you are looking for something unique.
    Thanks. I saw it listed on the JoAnn site, but did not have it in store.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all! Been reading these posts almost every day, but October has been a crazy busy month. And posting my pictures from my iPad doesn’t work any more, so I haven’t been able to do Show and tell! So this will just be “tell, no show!”

I got to display my quilts at our local theatre lobby for the month of October, today I had to take them down. Had 18 of them to display, and many were UFOs I found in my stash that needed finishing. Now they are stashed in the garage waiting for a new home. I am working on Costuming a show for a local group, it’s a military story set in WWII. I have been sewing jackets and insignia like crazy, hopefully today I will finally finish up. The show starts Thursday. Then, I have been trying to trap a groundhog who has huge tunnels and burrows under my deck. The past two days I’ve caught two different possums, one was a little guy and the other was a big fat grandpa! Took them over to the park to rehome them!

Now back to the last few things to finish for my show. Tomorrow, I am taking a certification class to use the long arms at a local shop. I have a long arm, but it only has a 10 foot frame. Theirs have 14 foot frames. So when I have big quilts to finish, I will use their machines! Need to learn how to load and set up a different brand of machine. It ought to be interesting!

Nice weather here today, but the weather people keep slipping in the dreaded “snow” word in the forecast. Saw that Missouri Star had some snow last week. So it could be coming my way soon!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon! It has been busy and painful around here the past few days. On Friday, took middle ds out for his 15th birthday. And then met my folks to pick up potatoes, carrots, cabbage, and onions. There is a truck that comes in full of produce on Fridays in the fall that has wonderful produce that is way cheaper than what we can get in the store. The carrots were huge - easily got a cup and a half or more of chopped carrots out of just one carrot. We worked up the potatoes, carrots and some of the onions that night.

The weather forecasters had said that it was going to be a painful weekend and it was. Saturday I had a horrid migraine that finally became less after taking a combination of medications. Which I was grateful for as ds had bowling on Saturday morning. Then all three of the older ones went with grandma to the football game. It wasn't much of a game as she dropped them off at the start of the fourth quarter. The final score was 79 to zero - like I said not much of a game. In the evening, I finally felt like some sewing so I started framing photos of a quilt. I was able to get all the pictures done and the main panel before I ran out of sashing strips so going to cut some more.

Sunday was a quiet day around here.

Yesterday I had a game plan that went out the door when a friend needed some help. I was able to get pictures of all of the Secret Santa gifts. Then in the evening, I wrapped them as I watched a movie. Today middle ds had two fillings, then we mailed the Secret Santa gifts and I went up and bought some basketball tickets for the college games. Not many reserve seating tickets left as the men's team is such a winning team. They are 100 wins out of 105 games. We have to wait til in December to be able to buy the rest of the tickets for the season. Not sure why but they are not all open unless you were a fan club member and season ticket holder.

The rest of the afternoon will be baking breads for tomorrow's quilt ladies get together. No time for the sewing room today.

Have a good day everyone

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon. I had surgery to set my broken finger yesterday. The Dr used pins that will come out in 3 to 4 weeks. Right hand so I will be out of commission for probably about 6 weeks as far as quilting goes.... which makes me want to quilt even more. ��

Hope y’all have a good day and I will gather more inspiration for future projects.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post