• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Welcome Monday, Welcome November

Good morning friends. I hate daylight savings time. I really hate the first day, as it really puts me out for the whole day. I couldn't do anything yesterday and so hubby and I watched tv all day and that is not me.

Hubby works days today so I have the whole day to myself. I hope to get into the sewing room today. We shall see. Tomorrow I am going to the city with my neighbour. She has an appointment at the hospital and she is not sure on how to get there. And then I have a meeting that night. So my tomorrow is busy already.

Have a great day my friends, no matter what you do.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • JulieC
    Missouri Star
    • Dec 2016

Re: Welcome Monday, Welcome November

Good morning, everyone!

My furnace is still on the fritz, so I took a personal day and hope to get it fixed. The living room was 58 this morning, a slight improvement over yesterday when it was 56. I already logged into work and took care of a couple of things so they won't have to wait until tomorrow.

I visited four memory care facilities last week. I liked two of them, and will go back for another visit. There are still more places to see, a couple of them are farther away. I would prefer to to find a place closer to home.

Dinner plans for tonight were canceled -- my friend fell in her garage yesterday. She did not want to go to emergency when it happened, but is planning on going for an x-ray today as something does not feel right. I will check on her later to see how she is doing.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• KPH
      Missouri Star
      • Feb 2015

Good Morning All,

J will be here for home school today. He said last week, he would rather his Dad bring him for school that way he can get more work done. Unfortunately, his Mom is bringing him today. We'll get what we can get done, taken care of and not worry about the rest. She won't bring him until Esther has to be dropped off at 9. lol, almost like a snow delay back in NC. That won't happen around here.

Tonight for family dinner, we're going to try Stuffed Pepper Soup. I saved the recipe on the computer, I hope I can find it when I need it!

It's back into the upper 70s here this afternoon. It will still feel better than lower 90s of last week.

Yesterday, I picked up one round of Christmas presents for the grands- underwear, socks and 1 outfit each and a yard of black to make a multiplication checkerboard for Jonathan for home school. I told Mike we could go to Second and Charles one day to pick up a book for each of them sometime. Then I'll pick them up a toy or puzzle that they'd like. That will take care of them. Jim and Mike have Beard Kits that I bought over the summer. Morgan has a throw. I'm feeling pretty good about Christmas. Now to get with Deanne about the pictures for Dot!

Morgan's grandmother (Nana) is planning to have Thanksgiving at her house. I volunteered for green beans and mashed potatoes. I'll check with Tammy to see if they would like a salad or dessert to go with that. I know Nana makes pecan pies, but with her shaking, I'm not sure she'll be able to do that anymore. Then there's the glutton issue with the family, we'll see. Maybe, I'll try another pound cake. I'll get all fresh ingredients first!
      Katrina
      From NC, retired in FL
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2013

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Well, it was my turn for a restless night. Last night when I went in my BR to go to bed, it smelled of skunk! I was hoping those buggers had hibernated for the winter. At 40 deg. outside, it was too cold to turn on the fan to evac. the stink, so I tried to go to sleep anyway. After some restless dreams, I woke up an hour later. Still stinky. The odor never really dissipated completely all night. So I didn't get a very good night's sleep. With the return to standard time, I like having the lighter morning, but I don't like the early dark in the evening.

After church yest. I stopped by Vit. Cot. for several items. I buy my organic spelt flour there, non-fluoridated tooth paste, kombucha, Shea Butter hand soap, etc. I bought 14 large loose beets. So cooking up the beets took up much of my afternoon. With the beets being cold, it takes longer for them to cook--a good 90 min. It made 11 freezer containers, which will last DH at least a month. So I never made it to the sewing room.

I've been searching on line for some background fabric to go with my recently purchased Kaffe Fassett layer cake. I want to make another Japanese Cross & Plus quilt. I found some Blossom on White fabrics that I liked, but the rainbow color must be popular. Everyone was temp. out of stock. I may still use the Grunge I have on hand.

Today I'll be doing the usual laundry & cooking up a kettle of DH's Anasazi beans. I hope to get to the sewing room this afternoon.

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          Missouri Star
          • Aug 2015

Good morning everyone,

I agree Monique. Let's push to get rid of this DST. DH's youngest spent a good part of the day here washing his comforter and large coats. I made a vegetable soup for lunch with a Belgium bread that DH picked up at local bakery. Then I had a second nap of the day. I was exhausted, asleep by 10 and up for 3 hrs at night. All this napping this week has thrown me out of whack. I need to get better fast. Too much to do, and not enough sewing.

DH is insisting on driving me to VictorIa Quilts today. Thats ok. I will be attaching bindings. It's Cassandra's 4th birthday today. The princess party on Saturday went well. Lots of pictures with little princesses dancing about.
          image.jpg

Julie - I hope that your furnace gets fixed. I'm glad to hear that you have narrowed down your choices for your mom. I agree being close is better, if you will be on call. Mom was in several places before moving to her current place, and it was not easy to up and leave work to drive an hour away. Now it's a 5min drive.
          Katrina - oh I hate to start thinking xmas. The kids and GKs have what they need, so it's difficult to think of gifts to impress. The other grand-parents just buy them so many toys, which the parents give away during the year.

It's a busy week, so I will pace myself. Have an enjoyable day.
          Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• Thayer Abaigael
            Block Queen
            • Sep 2019

Happy Monday Morning to everyone,

I've been absent from the forum over the weekend because I was in a pretty big car crash on Saturday. I still don't know all the details yet, but what I do know is I was waiting at a red light on a main thoroughfare when a woman "blew through the red light at a high rate of speed" (according to the really nice man who helped extricate me from my car) a block back and, without stopping slammed into the back of my car. My car then slammed into the car in front of me. I truly believe the only way I was able to not have more serious injuries is because Subaru makes amazing vehicles, and I was wearing my seatbelt. I feel lucky to only have minor cuts and major bruising. Above all, I am trying to remain grateful.

Today will be filled with insurance and logistics calls. We were supposed to go to the Texas RenFest this upcoming weekend, but without a car (and more importantly, with all my soft tissue strain), it's unlikely we can go. We'll make that call, for sure, by Wednesday.

I've been basically laying in my recovery chair, but I really want to be productive again, so I'm going to try to spend some time in my studio today. I've decided to try my hand at some easy items to make for my first craft fair at the end of the month. I'm going to start with bowl cozies (using 100% cotton everything), and oven mitts. I'm open to other suggestions, too.

I hope for a calm and pleasant week for everyone.

~Thayer

Comment

• auntiemern
              Missouri Star
              • Mar 2012

Good morning all. After a very busy week end with my craft fair, I am doing absolutely NOTHING today. I do have a couple of orders for cozy's to get out, but that can wait until tomorrow.
              Monique, I did relish the extra hour of sleep Sunday morning...but this getting dark so early will take some getting used to, and my bed time feels later than normal. I was ready to go to bed at 7:30 last night, lol.
              Ughh...Christmas shopping. I did snag a few gifts at the fair this week end from other crafters for the girls on my list. My DD has filled me in on some of what the kids have on their lists. They are pretty easy for me to figure out, cuz I know EVERY thing they like, and are in to.
              Julie, I could not bear to sit in a home at those temps....I would have to have several space heaters going.
              Thayer, so glad you are basically alright. That is so scary. We were rear ended like that a while back. Luckily we were all wearing seat belts and no one was hurt. I had 2 of my grand kids and one of GD's friend with me when it happened. You could also make pot holders, potato bags, plastic bag holders, 10 minute table runners in Christmas prints....just look up ideas on pinterest too.
              Well off to begin my day of rest and relaxation.
              Blessing to all. Have a great, fulfilling day filled with love and laughter....and coffee and chocolate.https://www.footlocker.com/product/n.../34835108.html
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
                Missouri Star
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Thayer Abaigael View Post
                Happy Monday Morning to everyone,

I've been absent from the forum over the weekend because I was in a pretty big car crash on Saturday. I still don't know all the details yet, but what I do know is I was waiting at a red light on a main thoroughfare when a woman "blew through the red light at a high rate of speed" (according to the really nice man who helped extricate me from my car) a block back and, without stopping slammed into the back of my car. My car then slammed into the car in front of me. I truly believe the only way I was able to not have more serious injuries is because Subaru makes amazing vehicles, and I was wearing my seatbelt. I feel lucky to only have minor cuts and major bruising. Above all, I am trying to remain grateful.

Today will be filled with insurance and logistics calls. We were supposed to go to the Texas RenFest this upcoming weekend, but without a car (and more importantly, with all my soft tissue strain), it's unlikely we can go. We'll make that call, for sure, by Wednesday.

I've been basically laying in my recovery chair, but I really want to be productive again, so I'm going to try to spend some time in my studio today. I've decided to try my hand at some easy items to make for my first craft fair at the end of the month. I'm going to start with bowl cozies (using 100% cotton everything), and oven mitts. I'm open to other suggestions, too.

I hope for a calm and pleasant week for everyone.

~Thayer
                Thayer, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. Thankfully you were not more seriously hurt. DH would agree With you on Subaru. My DD's MIL was in a serious accident with her Subaru. It performed as expected. Car was a write-off and she walked away with minor scratches.
                Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Comment

• jjkaiser
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2013

Thayer, so sorry to hear about your accident. I am glad your injuries were not that bad but you will probably be sore for awhile. Take it easy. And good luck with all the insurance paperwork, everybody's favorite part!
                  Jocelyn
                  South Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Comment

• KarenC
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2015

Thayer, sorry to hear of our accident. I may need to consider a Subaru for my next vehicle. Hope you feel better soon
                    Karen
                    Spring, TX

Comment

• Thayer Abaigael
                      Block Queen
                      • Sep 2019

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                      I may need to consider a Subaru for my next vehicle. Hope you feel better soon
                      Even though we were on a city street, people were saying the woman who hit me was going near highway speeds at point of impact. My Forester crumpled in all the right places, leaving the driver zone with a survivable amount of room. I can't convey how grateful we are that I was in a Subaru, and how amazingly my Forester performed and protected me, we are definitely buying another.

Comment

• MSN
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jan 2017

I have owned a Subaru Forester for 2 years. I hope I never have to find out first hand how sturdy it is. Glad that you came through a very scary situation relatively unscathed.

Comment

Working...
                        X