Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A Fantastic Craft Show

Quote Originally Posted by geegeequilts View Post
    Great job at your fair! I've been meaning to ask if there was a particular pattern you used?

Gina
    I just use a standard pattern. 10x10 square with the darts on the sides. You tube has several tutorials. Everything has to be 100% cotton including thread. I only use wrap n zap batting as well.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

2. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you Marilyn... especially spending the quality time with your GD.... not enough youth day understands the importance of it... Perhaps because so many of our kids didn't get the time with theirs... fortunately for me,,, I'm blessed with kids that LOVE us old folks... Hugs, B
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

4. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

It’s good that you had a good helper for your busy table. Do you include instructions with each of your cozies? Don’t they recommend 3 minutes at a time? How long between the 3 minutes? Relax today!

6. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
    It’s good that you had a good helper for your busy table. Do you include instructions with each of your cozies? Don’t they recommend 3 minutes at a time? How long between the 3 minutes? Relax today!
    I do send instructions with them. I recommend 2 minutes at a time. Stir or rearrange then another 2. No more than 8 total.....(but nothing should take that long to heat up.) I also recommend not putting them in the dryer because of the shrinkage issue. I only hand wash mine and lay over my gooseneck spigot to dry.

Marilyn......

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    I do send instructions with them. I recommend 2 minutes at a time. Stir or rearrange then another 2. No more than 8 total.....(but nothing should take that long to heat up.) I also recommend not putting them in the dryer because of the shrinkage issue. I only hand wash mine and lay over my gooseneck spigot to dry.
    Why don’t you dry them in a dryer? It doesn’t hurt the batting does it?

9. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!! I've been selling them like crazy too. People love them as gifts! I've been trying to do local fairs here but they are super expensive, curious how do you look for yours or do you just know? Our battered woman's shelter has bazaar next month but it's $255 for an empty 8x10 space. No tables or chairs. Our economy here is low so I don't quite understand the price to be a vendor. Anyway so glad you're doing well!!!

11. Thanks auntiemern thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
    Why don’t you dry them in a dryer? It doesn’t hurt the batting does it?
    I personally don't dry them because they shrink so much. That is just a personal preference. It does not hurt the batting as it is 100% cotton.

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
    Congrats!! I've been selling them like crazy too. People love them as gifts! I've been trying to do local fairs here but they are super expensive, curious how do you look for yours or do you just know? Our battered woman's shelter has bazaar next month but it's $255 for an empty 8x10 space. No tables or chairs. Our economy here is low so I don't quite understand the price to be a vendor. Anyway so glad you're doing well!!!
    The shows I do are well established, large shows. I don't do small, local club, church sales, or vendor shows. I also don't do any of the large outdoor craft fairs, because I have an issue with certain temps. That is a lot of $ for a space that size, unless it is a well established super, terrific show with thousands of shoppers. I am usually pretty sure I will at least make 4x my booth fee at the shows I do, even in the spring when sales are generally half of what they are at the same venue in the fall. I do 2 in the fall, and 3 in the spring. I may pick up another fall show next year. At this weeks show, I broke last years record sales, and that was a record at that time. I don't sell anything that is very expensive....I would rather sell more for less than less for more. It is much easier for someone to spend $5-$10 on a little something, than to spend $25 or more on a single item. Good luck if you decide to jump in to doing them.

Marilyn......

14. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, thank you for sharing your insights and tips. Although I personally have no desire to sell at a craft fair, you have been a great resource for those who might be considering it.

16. Thanks auntiemern, Judy, USMC thanked for this post