Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sunday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Did you enjoy the extra hour of sleep, or is your sleeping messed up with the time change back to standard time? I just wish they'd leave it on standard time all year long. Enough already of having to spring ahead & fall back & having to change all the clocks twice a year. DH started changing some of the clocks on Fri., then did the rest yest. I still need to change the time on my glucose meter & the clocks in the 2 cars.

It was another sunny day yest. & 52 deg. I saw at least 5 rabbits in the 'hood yest. a.m. Two were in our yard, 1 in the alley out back, 1 across the alley in the neighbor's yard, & 1 next door.

The only sewing I did yest. was to finish a practice sandwich of fabrics from the current baby quilt. Maybe this afternoon I can begin the FMQ.

I plan to go to church this a.m. I missed the last 2 Sundays because of my cold. On the way home, I need to stop by Vitamin Cottage for a few items.

2. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sunday Morning Greetings! :)

Good morning Joy and all to follow. It's a nice sunny day here. Temps will be in the 50's. I am heading to my sister's later this morning to help her in her gardens. There are some bulbs and other plants she wants to take with her to her new house so we will be working on those and doing some general clean up.

Dh and I did a small bit of work in our yard yesterday. We lost one small branch in the heavy winds on Halloween that needed to be cleaned up. I also took in all of my fairy garden things and some windchimes. Then I headed up to my sewing room to work on some things there.

Joy, I'm with you on the whole daylight savings thing. Just leave it.

Have a good day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

4. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Another frost on the ground but not enough to kill the last of the hardiest blooms left in the garden. I still have a couple of roses out there.

Yesterday was a good day with the family all gathered for my husband's birthday. It's his favorite way to celebrate. Great food, but too much so everyone went home with some so there doesn't have to be any cooking going on today in their households for dinner.
    Today will be a quiet day, would like to hit the sewing room for a bit so we'll see how the day unfolds.

I usually wake up the same time each day regardless of clock changing, my body has it's own set time. It seems to confuse my 2 ferral cats a bit more when we set our clocks back they sit by the door wondering why they are not getting their food brought out when they think we should.
    Well, time for bagels and the Sunday paper. Wishing you all a good day!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....I also wish they would leave the clocks alone. I don't like it getting dark so early. Our winters can be dreary to begin with and adding early darkness adds to it for me.

We had more than a full day of work at the apartments yesterday. We rented our vacancy and worked on a broken furnace that stumped the repair man. Jeff was able to track down the problem and after getting a new part tomorrow and putting it in, it will be good to go. Dottie was quite unhappy about being there as long as we had to be and voiced her desire to go home for about 3 hours before we could leave. It was a long day....13 hours.

I have been hungry for Swiss Steak and that's what will be on our plates today. Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, peas and homemade dinner rolls. Can't wait....

Jeff took the Girls out for an early morning walk in the woods. He tried to get me to go but I need to wake up first.

I hope to find some time to sew today. If not, I will make it happen tomorrow.

Joy, glad to hear you feel well enough to go back to church.

Wishing everyone a blessed Sunday...with hugs.

8. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!! I enjoy reading all your posts and feel I need to stop stalking so much and participate a little more. Most of the time, I don't get to the forum until later in the afternoon and most posting is already wrapped up for the day. I had a busy day yesterday. I went to a class sponsored by my quilt guild. Paula Golden did the class on her feathered star foundation paper piecing. Wow!!! I spent all day, 9 - 4, and only completed one of the eight star arms. I also have part A of another one done and may see if I can finish part B before I have to leave for the quilt guild meeting.

Last night was trick-or-treat at my daughter's house (where I am staying temporarily). It had been postponed from Thursday because of the storms and over 2 1/2 inches of rain we had. Very small turnout, partly due to the postponement, but my daughter said they don't get as many in their part of the development because there are not a lot of neighbors who participate. And, there were a lot of porch lights that were not turned on. Now, tonight, after my quilt guild meeting, I am invited to go to a birthday party for my son-in-law's brother.

Joy - I totally agree with the time change. Just leave it on standard time and be done with it. We don't need the time change any more.

Ginny - There were a couple of plants I wanted to dig up before I moved from my house, but doing most of the packing, cleaning, etc. by myself, I did not have a chance to dig anything up. Oh well, can't do everything.

Have a great day everyone!!

Nancy

10. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

It's definitely pre-winter weather -- dull and dreary. Yesterday we had large heavy snowflakes for about 30 minutes, then gone. It rained all afternoon. DH got the fence sections back up with our neighbour. Decision made, we're going to replace that entire section next year. This might be the perfect opportunity to fill in the pond and re-landscape that corner of yard, when the fence is down. I'll have plenty of time this winter to get inspiration tis winter, when it's cold and dreary.

I'm still not feeling 100% but my appetite is coming back. I made a chicken stew with egg noodles. First meal other than clear soups. Tasted good. I'm still napping 1-2 hours every day - I guess I need it. DH's son was to come help with fence, and I said it's already done. I sort of discouraged them from coming over, letting them know I've been sick since I babysat. It was my DD's DD birthday and she said they were bringing the girl cousin since her brother has been in hospital for 5 days with stomach flu. They are always at my GS's place and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he/I picked up. I may not be popular, but I really don't feel it is fair for us to babysit when they are sick and don't tell us. There is too much risk for our health, and for me to pass along to a nursing home full of old folks.

Today, I need to pay bills, maybe visit mom to pay her caregiver and pick up BD card for GD. DH is picking up his youngest. He's bringing over his large comforter to wash here and visit. He is going out of town for November to work on another movie set. This is his 2nd job which he rather enjoys. It's just too bad it's only contract work. It pays good. They pay his food and lodging, so like a mini vacation. Luckily, his 1st job is not full time and they can accommodate his schedule.

Sewing and quilting are on my mind, and I may get there today.

Enjoy your day. Be safe. Stay warm. Stay dry.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone...
    Here's another vote to leave the clocks alone. Boy I hate it and it takes days to get used to it. However, it was getting light a little after 6 and I could see that it was snowing. Just flurries, but enough that the uninsulated buildings had a light cover. For me, it's the official start of winter. I put away my summer clothes and filled my drawers with sweaters and turtlenecks.
    Since my DD is leaving Thursday to start her new job in Cincinnati, we are celebrating mine and Hubby's birthdays today. A special dinner courtesy of the instant pot, home made mashed potatoes, asparagus and a cake are on the menu. As much as I grouse about having her here sometimes....I will miss her terribly. I'll need to go through empty nest syndrome all over again!
    Hope you all have a wonderful day today!!!!!

14. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! I went to the International Quilt Show in Houston this weekend with friends and had a great time!

We went in spite of a couple of mishaps along the way. Three weeks ago my friend fell & broke small finger on her left hand. So we waited anxiously to see if she would need surgery. Thankfully, no surgery for her but in a cast. So we were all excited about our trip.

The quilt show started on Thursday morning & I was planning to drive. Guess who fell & broke her finger Wednesday morning!!! Me!! I tripped, fell & broke my ring finger on my right hand. Urgent care confirmed is was broken, followed by appt with orthopedic dr who said I would need surgery to fix it properly. The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Thankfully, it was not hurting much & they wrapped it with a temporary cast to hold it still & protect it.

Soooo we went to Plan B......my friends daughter went with us & drove. And helped open the occasional lids on containers for us.

The three of us had a great time. The quilts were gorgeous especially the Sapphire Display of blue & white quilts. It was breathtaking! I bought a few things I was looking for and didn't go overboard.............even though it was tempting.

A kind lady in one booth even gave me a FQ in my favorite color because of my injured hand. Thought that was very sweet of her.

One night as we got on the hotel elevator with 4 or 5 other quilters, one of them ask us what happened to us. I told them we had got into a fight over some fabric! They all laughed & then asked who won!

So glad we got to go the the quilt show. This was only my 2nd time to go.

Prayers would be appreciated for my surgery tomorrow. Probably about 6 weeks with a cast. No quilting for a while.

hope you all have a good day.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

16. Thanks sewbizzy, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is currently 49 here. Yesterday we spent the afternoon going to Ikea to get the final pieces to make my cutting table. My DH spent 2 hrs building it. He is an expert on building these shelves. We then went into the city for a dinner to celebrate my DD passing her nursing exam. She is now an official RN..
    today we have the Pug Halloween party. I think we will only be able to get a Halloween bandanna on Catherine. Hopefully I can get a picture of her to put in the scrapbook.
    I agree with not changing the clocks. I am sure if we could vote on it we could get rid of this idea.

Have a good day.
    Beth

18. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I guess by now it is afternoon. I spent most of the morning just picking up 'stuff' in the dining room. Got that done and made a trip to the dump. Of course I forgot one bag, but that can wait until next week. I got to the craft fair yesterday, bought only a few things. Other than that, I really didn't feel like doing much.

At least the sun is now shining. We did have snow on the ground this morning but it has since all melted.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!