Frolic! A Quiltville Winter Mystery! (Intro)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swedish leo
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2012

Frolic! A Quiltville Winter Mystery! (Intro)

Quilter, Teacher, Author, Hopeless Scrapaholic! Bonnie K Hunter is the head, heart and hands behind Quiltville.com.

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Re: Frolic! A Quiltville Winter Mystery! (Intro)

Thanks, I have joined the Facebook group for this.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• JCY
      Missouri Star
      • Jul 2013

I have never made one of her mystery quilts. I think it would be difficult for me to keep up. My sewing time right now is very limited. I love the blue bonnets & colors. I'm also not keen on all the small pieces or having to buy new templates/rulers. But I'll enjoy watching what others do.

Comment

• AMG
        The Guild President
        • Apr 2015

I was surprised at just how much I enjoyed myself last year - Good Fortune was my first one. I learned SO MUCH and my skills got better and my perfectionism went out the window LOL

I still haven't finished it but I do want to participate again this year. I may use the teeensy tiny border HSTs as leader/enders for the new one. And then ill finish Good Fortune while i piece Frolic

Comment

• dwil23
          Missouri Star
          • May 2012

I am not going to try to participate this year - although I love the colors. I will print out the instructions and get the color swatches and keep together for "some day". I still have at least three former mysteries in different stages. From mostly pieced to just collected the fabrics. Some day I will be retired and able to join in and keep up - hopefully next year!

I am looking forward to what others do with this. :-)
          Donna

Comment

• Claire Hallman
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2011

I have printed out the directions for the last two years but this time I just saved the pdf. I didn't do the others and might or might not do this one.
            I have a couple of her books and have done some of her quilt patterns but they are really small pieces and very time consuming. I also have noticed when one goes to a show they seem to sometimes be carbon copies of each other and I don't care for that.
            Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

• Deegles
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2014

I grew as a quilter because she is an excellent teacher of better ways to use less fabric. If I have to make 200 flying geese blocks in a week, I get to use continuous piecing, and a marathon of sewing. I enjoy it while it lasts. Last year I did not keep up, but did finish a month after the reveal. Looks like the only tool this year is the easy angle ruler or her version. They are not expensive. And this year it looks like I will be in for less than $20 of fabric. If you are thinking about it, join in at any time. It is sew much fun!
              Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Ginny B
                Missouri Star
                • Jan 2012

I have printed out the directions for a couple of them but never actually did them. I like the colors in this years ' so I might try it. I think I will have more time since I am retired. I may not make mine quite so scrappy though.
                Ginny B
                Levittown, NY

Comment

• Carlie Wolf
                  Missouri Star
                  • Oct 2013

What was the quilt that was shown at the top of the page? I thought that was very pretty too.
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

• lourixe
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jan 2013

I have seen that you created a forum group for this project, and just joined in.
                    My first Bonnie Hunter Mystery was Celtic Solstice, and I learned so much in the process that I have followed all the others since. Because the patterns are so busy, they are also easy to quilt with all-over designs that hide all the hickups. My favorite so far is Allietare. I am not investing much either, but I intend to use light brown instead of green, as it will match better with the fabrics I have in my stash.

Comment

• KPH
                      Missouri Star
                      • Feb 2015

Quilted Twins has packs of fabric pulled from their store for this project for $85, if you'd like to participate without having to figure out which fabrics you want to use.
                      Katrina
                      From NC, retired in FL
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

• chelea
                        Missouri Star
                        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                        What was the quilt that was shown at the top of the page? I thought that was very pretty too.
                        It's last year's mystery quilt, Good Fortune.
                        Michele
                        ~The Commonwealth of Massachusetts~
                        To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world ~Dr Seuss

Comment

• Ginny B
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jan 2012

Not sure which quilt you were asking about. There are two featured depending on which page you land on.

This one is called En Provence I believe.

And this one is called Good Fortune. I really like it.

Ginny B
                          Levittown, NY

Comment

• dwil23
                            Missouri Star
                            • May 2012

Although I won't be joining in the sewing at this point, I will be looking forward to each post and seeing everyone's progress.

A suggestion for those that aren't sure - make a few of each step - they can always be sewn into a wall hanging or table runner. And don't let the tools scare you - they aren't that expensive, plus she usually shows you optional ways to do each step. A half square triangle or flying geese units can be made so many different ways. It's the finished size that counts.
                            Donna

Comment

• KarenC
                              Missouri Star
                              • Apr 2015

I followed it last year and saved all the steps, but honestly, it's the little pieces that scare me. I am not the most precision cutter or piecer, so worry about a block with that many seams. Will all my blocks end up the same size? Anyway, I have the paint chips, but most likely will not have time to do this one. Maybe the next time I retire I'll have time and patience to work on it. I definitely admire them even if 100 other people may have the same quilt.
                              Karen
                              Spring, TX

Comment

Working...
                              X