Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday and the last day of October WOW!!

Good afternoon! It was a record breaking snow here for Oct 31 - almost 2 inches. The downtown trick or treat was last night it was cold and snowing. From the pictures that I seen, most children were dressed in coats, snowpants, and boots. The children are currently carving pumpkins and we will roast the pumpkin seeds later. We have baked potato soup simmering on the stove for a late lunch. And adding in the 50 cent corndogs from Sonic as a treat for the kids.

The sewing room may or may not see me this week. We will have to see what this afternoon brings. Yesterday was a nap day for almost everyone in the house.

Have a nice day everyone

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is so good to read the posts from everyone! Good afternoon to all of you! We have our power back which is wonderful. Today I will clean out the frig and freezer because everything went bad after the extended outage. There was no ice anywhere to purchase. Oh well. The store shelves are still pretty bare of perishables so I'll try to go shopping this weekend to replace some staples like mayonnaise. In the meantime we will eat some canned goods. The blackout was a real lesson in making sure you have several days worth of food and water in the house. I hope everyone has a wonderful day today.

Jeannette

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been watching the news of the CA wildfires & thinking about all you folks with your power turned off, so many having to evacuate, their homes & everything lost. So sad. We used to live in rural Mich. & sometimes would lose our power during winter storms. Because our water was pumped from a well, my mom would fill as many kettles & containers as possible & fill the bath tub so we'd have water to flush the toilet. We are so used to our modern conveniences, it makes it hard when we are without them.

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good evening everyone. This has been a hectic week. Stayed downtown Sunday evening - Tuesday while taking some classes at the Quilt Festival. 2 longarm classes, a precision piecing class and a color theory. All were good, but my body was mentally and physically exhausted by the end. Worked a full day yesterday, followed by work at Quilt Festival preview night to help a friend in her booth. Back to work this morning, but now I have no voice. Not feeling very great, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

I'm glad the World Series is over. Hard to believe that neither team won any games on their home turf. Lots of very disappointed fans here in Houston, including me. But hey, it is what it is. They did not play their best at the home games, so the Nationals deserve to bask in their glory. Congrats to the Washington team and fans.

Just reviewed the colors for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt for this year. I followed all of her clues last year, but did not make the quilt. I will download the clues this year, but doubtful that I will have time to make it before the mystery ends.

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Halloween all. We have trick or treat on the Sunday afternoon before Halloween here so no little goblins out and about tonight. It's been pouring rain all day, and the temps dropping and very windy. Big change to the weather, which is probably why I've had a migraine all day. Stayed home from work and slept. We've really had a nice fall here so I can't complain that winter wants to start creeping in. Been thinking of doing some sewing - haven't done anything in months. Too much life getting in the way. At least thinking about it is a step in the right direction.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post