Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Thursday and the last day of October WOW!!

The sun is out briefly this morning. We've had 2 days of welcome rain, and now falling temps to below freezing tomorrow. More rain this afternoon. We'll take all we can get, but would share with California if we could.

I drove to Knoxville yesterday AM to fix a skirt for DDIL. Up and back before 10! It rained all the way, but I was behind the rush hour traffic. Then had to get my hair cut. Today I have an appointment with ortho doctor. I hope this pain in my hand and my heel will just require a cortisone shot. Those are bad enough!

I'm an old witch when it comes to Halloween. We have so many kids here that I don't turn on my porch light and hide in the back of the house! All the families in the county drop their goblins off at one end of our subdivision and pick them up at the other end. Last time I gave out candy I had 200 plus and ran out before dark. Now it's just too hard to get up and down to answer the door, and too cold to sit out. I'm just a grouchy old woman!

I've been busy helping a friend who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. She had a chemo port put in yesterday, and treatments start next week sometime. I hope to get a comfort quilt made his weekend, just a small colorful one to carry around.
    I also need to send an e mail card to my great granddaughter who will be 7 tomorrow. Where does the time go?!!

I hope the little goblins don't get you tonight! Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! I got up early to start my yogurt. It's cold and almost freezing rain. Sure not looking forward to winter.

We don't usually get Trick or Treaters here at the condo. The kids visit the houses but I only saw a couple last year. The schools and park district have programs for the kids that keeps them safe. Things were so different when I was a kid.

I finished "The Kiss" quilt and still must do a label. Too many projects are sitting here and need to be completed. All I need is a little motivation! Several quilts are sandwiched but waiting for me!

I watched the world series last night. My dad always loved watching baseball. It was a great series and I didn't care who won, just a good game.

Hope you all have a wonderful and productive day. Happy Halloween.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	max costume2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	161155  

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

It feels like the days of the dead for me. I've been down with stomach flu for past 36 hours. I slept somewhat ok, but feeling very weak. I was able to keep down the best saltine cracker ever and a cup of weak tea. I can't say for sure but I probably picked it up from babysitting sick GS on Monday. We usually skip Halloween and go out for dinner, but tonight staying home in the basement watching tv. Navy Wife, I know what you mean about kids being dropped off in neighbourhoods.

I had to reschedule my hair appt to next week, and thinking of cancelling plans for road trip this weekend. I think my body is telling me I need to rest. I told mom I wouldn't visit this week as I don't want to pass along any bug. That would be devastating in nursing home. I had to send out DH for ginger ale and supplies. He was gone a long time. Just not used to shopping.

Enjoy your day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

4. Thanks Monique, baslp, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We are having rain and wind off and on today. We were going to go into the city for dinner to celebrate my DD passing the Nursing Exam. we rescheduled for Saturday night. Traffic would have been horrendous. Since we will be home , I bought some candy this morning. They are predicting that the rain will stop for a few hrs around tricker treating hours.
    I spent some time sewing and then spent some time cleaning up after the puppy. I have to just watch her and not do other things.

Have a good day-
    Beth

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

I woke up at 50, and turned over in bed, and all of a sudden it was 7:30. I slept for 10 hours last night. Yesterday I had a killer headache....it lasted all day despite taking Excedrin and later Advil, and I think it just wiped me out. All I did yesterday was watch TV and crochet.

We'll have a sunny day today, but temps in the 30's. It looks like dry weather for the next 10 days which will make the farmers happy. They're still trying to get the sugar beets harvested after the rains and then the snow we had. We're still under a flood watch for our area. The Red River is still out of its banks.

I plan to get to the sewing room today. I hope your day is blessed.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone.....it looks like today will be the last warm day for a while. Highs for the next couple of days will be in the 40's and to me that's cold. We haven't gotten the amount of rain that was predicted, but it's early yet.
    I was able to get some sewing done yesterday. I too have been dealing with health issues and today started a course of prednisone. I hate that drug but it's the only thing right now that will kick this stinking disease in the butt. So to all others dealing with health issues, I send hugs.
    DD found out that she is flying into Cincinnati to start her new job on the 7th of November. Her last day at the current job is the 6th. It will be very strange to have her gone but this is finally a chance for her to get on her feet with a job that pays a living wage.
    Off to eat lunch and hopefully take a nap this afternoon. Insomnia is an awful thing........

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto to leaving porch light off tonight! We retreat to our basement at night and I don’t want to rush up the stairs to hand out a little candy bar. We live back in a cul-de-sac of condos, so not many kids make it back here. Hubby said I’m the “old witch” !! That’s ok with me!!! Had several inches of snow Monday & Tuesday and now the cold. Broke coldest temps the past couple of nights, only 3 degrees. So I just can’t imagine many kiddos out tonight. Happy Halloween to all!!!
    Deeceer

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My heart goes out to all who are hurting and/or feeling poorly. May God lift you up today and help you feel better.

Still no bed skirt made, and my day is filled with errands and work. I'm determined to get that bedroom spruced up by the weekend. Maybe I can put off my errands until tomorrow, All Saints Day. It's a Holy Day for Catholics, so I could do my errands after church.

Our temps got down into the 30s overnight, but will climb into the 70s today. They say it will start warming up tomorrow.

We rarely get anyone on Halloween anymore. I need to remember that our porch lights go on automatically, because I've not bought any candy this year.

Blessings to all!
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's been relatively warm here this week, in the 60's, but lots of rain. There's a 40% chance of rain through late tonight with a high wind warning too, and if it keeps some trick or treaters home, all the better. Most of them are not from our neighborhood; they're dropped off right in front of our house because we're at the beginning of the subdivision. We usually have around 250 kids. Hubs is going to rope off the corner of our yard because we just re-seeded some bare patches and the hordes will trample the new lawn...yup, it's that bad. I used to be super cranky about it but hubs loves it, so I put on my glorious witch hat and witch earrings and try to make the best of it. No sewing will happen tonight, that's for sure. The Bonnie Hunter mystery looks intriguing but I have too much going on to start a new project.
    Prayers to everyone not feeling well...hope today is a better day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am envious of you with warm weather. We have about 3 inches of snow here (Wis) and it's still coming down, temps around 30. Yesterday I made a batch of home made chicken noodle soup, didn't even know the snow would be coming, so happy to have that ready to eat on this cold day. Idk how many trick or treaters we will get tonite but I have 5 bags of candy ready to go. I see Bonnie Hunter put up the colors today for the new mystery quilt. I have never done one and would love to, but I just did the math and it calls for 13 yds of fabric not incl the backing so I think I need to pass as I would have to buy most of it new. Still trying to get my name corrected, Soc Sec is done but Medicare is not and the phone calls between us are driving me crazy. They have me as a double last name with my maiden name, and it is goofing up my medical records. Went in for mammo and they wanted to create a new patient under the maiden name and then later after it is corrected they said I could request my two files to be merged into one. Uh can they make this more complicated!! So I decided to postpone mammo until this gets straightened out. If I live that long! LOL

13. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post