Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's Wednesday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Wednesday.

Good morning friends. I had a busy day yesterday, grocery shopping and then having to put it all away. But it's done.

I didn't really get much else done the rest of the day. Hubby isn't feeling well so he 'rested' all day.

This morning I plan on making some spaghetti sauce. Maybe by afternoon I might try and get into the sewing room.

Rain, rain, rain expected right through until Friday, UGH!! But it is better than snow.

Have an awesome day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Wednesday.

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Brrr. Only 10 deg. The snow quit late yest. p.m.; it's clear & cold! Tomorrow a.m. it's supposed to be below 0, a record breaking temp. We didn't get as much snow total here as some other areas, but it's made for bad road conditions. No school closures here, but some schools let out early yest. & no after-school activities. Some of the schools out on the Eastern Plains were closed. I think Oct. will be a record breaker for our snow & cold. And in Sept. we had one of the hottest on record. Only in Colo. Our neighbor & our snow angel from church cleared our driveway & sidewalk yest. It snowed off & on all day.

Yest. a.m. I baked DH's 2 loaves of bread; the house always smells so good with baking bread. I made it to the sewing room in the afternoon. Cut the backing for the panel quilt & the binding strips. I had just enough fabric. It's coming together.

Since I'm not totally over my cold & congestion, & it's so cold outside, with icy streets, I've decided to stay home today from Bible Study Fellowship. I hate to miss, but I'm not as venturesome on the snow packed streets as I used to be. DH urged me to stay home. I hope to do more sewing today.

3. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We should be getting a new roof put on our house within the week.....possibly on Friday. About a month ago we had water stains show up on our den ceiling, all at the same time. We found out we had hail damage from a hail storm in May. In our area it didn't seem that bad but apparently bad enough to do damage to shingles. Thankfully, insurance covered it.

Tomorrow I will be heading to the Houston Quilt show with a quilty friend. We are excited and ready to go.....Thursday to Saturday! WooHoooooo! This will be my 2nd time to go.

Hope you all have a good day!

Joy, hope you feel better very soon. Can't believe how cold it is there already.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

5. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning...Joy, please keep your snow. We are having rain and possibly ice in the mornings. Fog has been an issue for the past few days.

I am going to the doctor today to get a steroid shot in my right thumb. I can barely use that hand and the pain is very sharp. My last shot has lasted nearly a full year. My left hand will need a shot before long, too.

Dottie has felt better the past few days. She is walking a bit better and she seems to be a little more alert. We had a little birthday party for her while my daughter was visiting a couple weeks ago. Typically, Dottie was the life of the party and she wore her unicorn headband like a champ. We had special baked treats for dogs plus a small scoop of vanilla ice cream for each of them. It was bittersweet but all of the Girls had fun. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DParty1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	161145

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday. Stay warm and safe at home and if your travel. Hugs....
    Last edited by Bubby; October 30th, 2019 at 09:37 AM.

7. Thanks sewbizzy, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Yesterday I got very little accomplished. I strained a muscle in my back Monday, (too much sewing and ironing). The plan was to work on non sewing stuff. I got a little bit done, then had to stop and take 2 of the grands to doctor appointments. They both missed lunch, so we stopped and I got them something to eat after the doc. By the time I got them home it was close to time for their mom to get home. Then we had a sad task to take care of.
    One of my oldest grand daughters pet rats wasn't doing very well, so she had made an appointment to have her euthanized. While we were waiting in the little room, she passed away. I was so broken hearted, as was Gabe and Brianna. A little back story of Fiona. She was the little rat, that changed my entire attitude towards them. She already had 3 when got she her, which I wanted NOTHING to do with. Fiona melted my heart. I fell in love with her from the moment I saw her. She was very young, all black, except for a little white at the tip of her tail. So yeah, my little girl was gone, and it broke my heart. She is at my house with my beloved Max.
    Blessings to one and all. Have a great day filled with love, happiness, and fabric.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

9. Thanks sewbizzy, sydneybean, Monique, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn, my daughter had a rat named Mousie. He was a "blue" color...actually a beautiful dark gray. He was very friendly, and she loved playing with him.

11. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's another grey day here after a day of on again/off again light rain and drizzle yesterday. I did a bit more laundry and took a trip to Hobby Lobby and Target and then, poof, it was almost time to pick Henry up. The weather seemed to even affect him. He was very quiet. Sort of a nice break from his usual activeness. I don't need to get him today. His other grandparents will be picking him up. So I hope to get some things accomplished in the sewing room today. Hubby is cooking so I don't need to stop to prepare dinner. Just eat it.

Monique, grocery shopping is not one of my favorite tasks. I am so blessed that DH likes to do it. I do help with putting it all away though. Joy, glad to hear you won't be venturing out in that weather. Pam, have a wonderful time at Quilt Festival. Can't wait to hear all about it. Barb, love that picture of precious Dottie. Marilyn, sorry to hear of Fiona's loss.

Ok, the washing machine just stopped so it's time to switch the towels to the dryer. I often wonder how just the two of us generate so much laundry!

Have a good and safe day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

13. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All,

I slept in! Eating late never helps with my sleep pattern, but I was glad to get a little extra tagged on the end!

It was beautiful at the 'almost' beach yesterday. Less than 15 minutes away, they didn't have a drop while we sat under one cell for what seemed like forever. Anyway, the pictures should look great. Zeke hammed it up, Esther had on pink rain boots, while everyone else had the sand between their toes, in their hands and all over themselves.

Today, it's going to be clean up day, between home school and dinner the floor under the table is a mess and the rest of the house could use a good vacuuming. I've lost my Shark Steam Mop. I've been looking for it for days. I can't get to the cabinets to get the swiffers because of the quilt ladders that are 'in process'. I have a feeling everything I'm wanting for the clean up jobs are in that cabinet (where they belong). The steamer mop is the only thing that usually stays beside the kitchen door on the garage side, but I think I put it away when we cleaned up the garage before Jim started his project. Anyway, the garage is a mess again!

Time to get started doing something productive... like putting on shoes before I knock my poor toe when I move all the furniture around to vacuum and mop. Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

15. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    Good Morning...Joy, please keep your snow. We are having rain and possibly ice in the mornings. Fog has been an issue for the past few days.

I am going to the doctor today to get a steroid shot in my right thumb. I can barely use that hand and the pain is very sharp. My last shot has lasted nearly a full year. My left hand will need a shot before long, too.

Dottie has felt better the past few days. She is walking a bit better and she seems to be a little more alert. We had a little birthday party for her while my daughter was visiting a couple weeks ago. Typically, Dottie was the life of the party and she wore her unicorn headband like a champ. We had special baked treats for dogs plus a small scoop of vanilla ice cream for each of them. It was bittersweet but all of the Girls had fun. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DParty1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	161145

Wishing everyone a good Wednesday. Stay warm and safe at home and if your travel. Hugs....
    Dottie looks very fashionable and looks like she is enjoying her treats!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

17. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, to all who've written before and after,

Today is delivery day.

I drop off the load of early 19th century replica pants that I put together in my studio, for the 1811 Slave Rebellion re-enactment happening the weekend after next. There are some larger men who will be walking and the designer asked me to size up their largest pattern, and build pants to fit them.

Also, tonight, I hand over the Baby Pan leggings a hoof booties. I sent pictures to the mom, and she's really thrilled. I hope they fit ok.

This morning, I followed Jenny's self-binding blanket video, to learn the technique, and it worked like a charm! [Boy, did it come together quickly; a sewist could whip out a ton, for gifts or donations.] I'm super excited to adapt the technique to other projects.

19. Thanks Monique thanked for this post