Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Tuesday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Tuesday!

Good Morning All,

It was a nappy kind of night for me. I know it's going to make it hard for home school. OH boy!

Today is picture day. The whole family will meet at 5:15 at the beach. It's expensive, but I do love all of the pictures Deanne does for us. I sent Mike to the bank to get cash for the sitting fee. After we're done, I'll take the family out to dinner to celebrate Morgan's birthday. Keep your fingers crossed for dry weather! Jim's hoping for clouds, I don't care as long as we can get the pictures done and everybody is smiling and not pitchin' a fit!

Last night, Mike decided he needed a trim (after all, the pictures are for Grandma Dot, the queen of I have to have a hair cut before I see her). I think I trimmed more off of his beard than the top of his head! I won't have to get the hair cutting gear out the rest of this year. Yippee!

Esther saw the last baby quilt and was so excited. She thought it was for her. After all it's just what she needed! I told her it was for the next baby that would be coming to church. Then she decided her name needed to go on the card, because she wanted to give it to the baby. lol, yeah, I don't think that will be happening.

Time to get the home school stuff out and ready to go. Have a great day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Tuesday!

Good morning Katrina and all who follow. I had a relatively quiet day yesterday. I finished the binding on the table runner and wrapped all the SS gifts. The box is all ready to be mailed out today. I have never been so ready so early. I really didn't do much of anything after that.

Today's plan is to go and get some much needed groceries, Mother Hubbard's cupboard is pretty bare. Les plans on cutting some trees today. It is supposed to be a beautiful warm day today.

So have a blessed day everyone, no matter what you do.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I woke up early today. If I move in bed towards day break, the puppy thinks that it is time to get up. I have been chasing the puppy since then.
    Monday was a running around day. I want to sew a few more blocks together today since I do not have any appts today. I should also sort and organize more of my fabric stash. I have the shelves now. It is a little overwhelming.

Katrina— hope your family picture goes well this afternoon.

Have a good day.

Beth

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Snowy Morning, Everyone ~ Here it comes ... again! We are under a winter storm warning from 6 a.m. today through noon Wed. Snow totals expected to be 6-12". I peeked out the window at 3 a.m.; it wasn't snowing then. It's snowing steadily now, with maybe an inch already accumulated on the picnic table. It's very cold, so this snow will stick & not melt any time soon. I'm praying for DS#2's safety during his commutes over the next 2 days. He has to drive 30 mi. to/from work. Our wind chills are predicted to be down around 0 or even sub-zero.

Yest. by noon the sun came out for some good thawing & 42 deg. The streets were dry by afternoon. Fortunately I don't have to go anywhere today. Tomorrow is Bible study, but it remains to be seen what the weather will do. We follow the local school system. If school is canceled, we don't have BSF.

I'll be baking DH's spelt bread today.

8. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It's a bit of a cloudy one here today and it looks like we had sime showers overnight. Yesterday was laundry day with part 2 today with towels and sheets needing to be done. After school yesterday was pumpkin carving time with Henry. We headed straight to the farm after school to pick out the perfect pumpkin. We had a great time carving a face on one side and the batman symbol on the other. He stayed for dinner and it was a fun evening.

Today will involve a trip to Hobby Lobby for some red and brown felt then home for some sewing time. Katrina, good luck with the family photo shoot. Hope everyone smiles nicely. Monique, congrats on getting the SS gifts all ready to go so early. I'm almost there. Beth, good luck with organizing your shelves. Joy, wow, more snow!

Have a good day everyone.
    Last edited by Ginny B; October 29th, 2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    It's foggy but the sun is breaking it up.

Warning gruesome - Yesterday we babysat youngest GS, so we were up way too early. He was sick - sinus, fever & mucousy cough. They didn't warn us, again. He had it coming out both ends. I almost got the mid-day projectile. Phew, missed it. His afternoon nap was spent in my arms. Everytime I tried to put him down, he would gag. We stayed for supper which was a crock pot of chili. The bland (right) version was way too spicy for me, and glad I didn't have the version once the extra heat was added. Even though I had a coffee, I dropped off by 9pm, exhausted.

Today will be definitely be calmer and quiet. The cleaning lady will be here this aft, so DH has to go for stress test by himself. I will try and take it easy as my back is sore. I may make birthday cookies. I want to escape from adulthood today.

Katrina - I hope your family photo goes well. We need to try to get one done, but it's like nailing jello to the wall. This was one we got with the GKs at thanksgiving in Oct. We have a few pictures with only one kid out of sorts. Maybe next year we will try and add adults.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	161133

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe from any storm hitting your area.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; October 29th, 2019 at 09:40 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Kgrammiecaz thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well we have news! We signed the purchase agreement on our house yesterday. Don't know when the closing will be yet. We listed it Sept 19th so it thankfully didn't take long to sell. I hate to leave my custom built kitchen but the new owner loves it as much as I do.
    However, that means we have been living in our travel trailer for the last couple of weeks. It has been wonderful up until yesterday when the weather turned NASTY. Last night it got down to 34. I am so ready to go South but we have a family get-together/baby shower in Arkansas this weekend. My great-niece is having twins in Dec. They will be first babies so it should be interesting. Luckily her mother, grandmother, aunt and cousins all live in the same town so I'm sure she will get more help than she wants.
    Well, back to the sewing machine. I hope everyone has a productive day with whatever you are doing.

I am working on the second to the last SS gifts but I am totally stymied on the last one so it may end up being a store made one.
    ATTITUDE IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ORDEAL AND AN ADVENTURE

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Laura, thanks for the reminder. I need to get cracking on my secret santa gifts. As soon as I finish binding a king size quilt I'm going to get into the sewing room. I've timed it and one side takes a little over an hour so I should be sewing in a couple of hours.

Katrina, good luck with family pictures. Like you, I don't care about the background as much as everybody cooperating and smiling.

Yesterday I attended the funeral of a former student's baby. Oh my goodness, it was the saddest day. I had forgotten about it until the last minute so I changed clothes and scurried across town for the visitation, service and burial. I couldn't sleep last night as I just kept thinking of the sadness of the family. I'm glad I went to support the family but I hope to never have to go through that again.

I've been to Mass this morning and that's all I have planned for today. I've set a new goal and that's to finish binding and get my SS gifts done today. I picked up a couple videos at church this morning so I will have something to watch.

Have a great day.

Robin
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

15. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not much going on here, gym still shut down so today I will sew.
    I was so happy to get the grunge locally since I didn't know the color number for my gray and there are several.
    A new roof is being put on next door and they were at it early, rain is due tomorrow so I hope they get lots done today. Poor trick and treaters might get wet.
    I am going to try to adjust the fit of a Halloween costume for a neighbor's son this afternoon. I am not good with alterations but at least it is a costume, not a prom suit so it isn't critical.

17. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, where did October go? Can't believe Halloween is already upon us. We've still got plenty of leaves on the trees and it's been kinda rainy so not much raking is going on. Yesterday we picked out a pumpkin at the farm stand, then rushed home to carve it in time for the jack o lantern carving contest last night. My pumpkin took 3rd place which was funny because it was so old school vs. the intricate ones people carve these days. Maybe retro/vintage jack o lanterns are back in fashion.
    I'm working on quilting a tree skirt, one that I pieced last year then put aside. I don't like the way it's going so I will probably rip it out and start over. I must be a weirdo because ripping really doesn't bother me. There's also lots of gypsy wife homework from class on Saturday. I don't want to fall behind on that one.
    Have a safe day everyone. Prayers for those affected by the fires and power outages in CA.