Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Tuesday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Tuesday!

Well, we'll see how this turns out... it's pouring, thundering. Crossing my fingers it stops. We may have to call and pick a rain date. sigh... it's hard to get everyone's schedule to cooperate!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well the snow decided to come last night. Not sure what the total snowfall was but it was still on the ground this morning. Most of it has melted off as the sun has came out. There is suppose to be more headed this way with a winter weather advisory from tonight through Thursday morning. The oldest boys had their fillings this morning. And are now sleeping - one in his bed and other other in the Lazy Boy chair. We had an interesting chat with an elderly gentleman while waiting to go back to get the fillings done. He was talking about his military service. Of course, with two boys who are history buffs, they could have visited with him all day.

The game plan for the rest of the day is to get some work done on the computer and whatever else comes along. We will be having Jackson Chowder for supper as that is one of the favorites around here. Although I have a recipe, it can vary what is in it depending upon what we have on hand for vegetables. Hy-Vee, a local grocery store, had frozen vegetables on sale for 88 cents for 12 ounces (the packages use to be 16 ounces). So I really stocked up as we go through a lot of vegetables.

Have a great day everyone

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning from a soggy New Orleans. Looks like we'll stay that way, as the prediction is 80% chance for showers and thunderstorms for a few days to come.

I finished the Pan leggings and hoof booties for the 4m old baby of a good friend. For not having a pattern, and never sewing for an infant, I think they came out pretty well....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7047.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	161136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baby Pan booties.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	161137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7050.jpg 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	161138

I've been volunteering my time to create costumes for the re-enactment of The Slave Rebellion of 1811, which will take place over 2 days in November. Today will be another long, but rewarding, day of doing that.

I ordered a bit of stuff from M* a few days ago and got my shipping confirmation this morning. It's always so exciting to be expecting nice packages.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Thayer Abaigael, those infant leggings and hooves are amazing!

7. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here we sat, until 4 PM watching the weather radar and the cell that wouldn't move. It finally moved out and the sun was shining when we left for the beach. We had the pictures taken at Hanna Park. It was a great setting. We stayed off the beach (kind of sad about that) but in the dunes and ramp way. The kids did really well.

Best thing, it's only about 15 minutes from my house and they hadn't had a drop of rain all day! Gus and Deanne had been watching the weather just as hard as we had. It couldn't have been a more perfect evening to take pictures.

I took everyone out to dinner for Morgan's birthday. She asked where we wanted to go, I told her it was her birthday dinner, her choice. We went to Bono's BBQ. Delicious as always, but a late dinner for all of us. We sent Jim's family home. Morgan's off tomorrow, so hopefully, the kids can sleep in for a while. I know I'll want to sleep in!

Sweet dreams, friends!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Katrina I can't believe there is beach weather anywhere, it sounds wonderful. Hope you will share those pictures with us! We got snowflakes in the midwest today, no accum (yay). Really, we shouldn't have to shovel snow before the leaves are all down, and have been raking daily for the last week. I finished my Little Irish Chain quilt yesterday and today attached the binding. My dd gifted me a binding dolly and I used it for the first time. I love it. The binding was so easy to attach, no tangling! And the gadget is so darned cute too!!! So all that's left is hand hemming the back side, the easiest part of all. One of these days I will be able to post in Show and Tell and won't you guys be surprised, it's been a long time between finishes for me.

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thayer Abaigael View Post
    Good Morning from a soggy New Orleans. Looks like we'll stay that way, as the prediction is 80% chance for showers and thunderstorms for a few days to come.

I finished the Pan leggings and hoof booties for the 4m old baby of a good friend. For not having a pattern, and never sewing for an infant, I think they came out pretty well....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7047.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	161136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baby Pan booties.jpg 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	161137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-7050.jpg 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	161138

I've been volunteering my time to create costumes for the re-enactment of The Slave Rebellion of 1811, which will take place over 2 days in November. Today will be another long, but rewarding, day of doing that.

I ordered a bit of stuff from M* a few days ago and got my shipping confirmation this morning. It's always so exciting to be expecting nice packages.
    Great job!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post