Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Monday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ ...from wintery Colorado. It's 22 deg. & snowing. It looks like maybe 3" on the picnic table. Yesterday's snowfall was lighter than predicted, but it picked up later in the afternoon. I think the greater amounts of snow are going to come Tues. into Wed. -- up to 9" total. While the streets were bare yest. p.m., I made a quick run over to Safeway for ground turkey & a few items. I need to mix up my turkey patties today.

I plan to stay in & stay warm today. We have a snow angel from our church who clears our snow for us. We also have a neighbor who sometimes helps. We are thankful for them.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, SallyO'Sews, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Morning Greetings! :)

Good Morning All,

Although it rained all day Saturday our trip to Southern Illinois was great. Yesterday was beautiful so after church we set out for a day of sightseeing and hiking. We got home about 6 last night, got the motorhome cleaned out and were in our chairs by 7. Before we left I got binding sewn on a king size quilt with a goal of hand sewing the back. Well, I forgot the quilt so no binding was accomplished. I did get one side done while watching tv last night.

I work in our home office one day a week and this is the day. Lots to do but I'm going to start with water aerobics at the pool. My body needs a good stretch. I will run by Weight Watchers for a weigh in then will get to work. My uncle is undergoing lung surgery at 1:15 today so will spend a little time in prayer as well.

Joy, your cold weather is headed our way. Hubby said this morning Halloween is going to be cold and rainy. We probably won't get too many kiddos as we are at the end of a road and not many venture this way on a good night, much less a cold and rainy night. All the leftover candy will go to work with my husband, the employees will love it!!

Gotta run. Have a great week!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download-1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	161132
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Joy and thanks for starting us off this morning. I actually slept in without help. I had my hubby beside me, so I guess that is the reason why.

Well my day didn't go as planned yesterday. I needed to dig out my Halloween decorations from out of the closet, but first everything has to come out so I could get at them. LOL!! Well then I decided that now is the time to bring out the two large bins filled with my mother's nighties. She loved nighties and I have kept all the flannel ones. She passed in 2007 and I haven't been able to open the bins without shedding a tear. Well, I didn't shed any tears yesterday, so it's time. My plan is to make a couple of quilts for my brothers as well. That is the plan, who knows how long it will take me.

So as 'stuff' was coming out, I was also purging. Some stuff didn't make it back in. The Christmas decorations are close to the front and I emptied many bins at the same time. This took me most of the morning. A big job done for sure.

Hubby was home in late afternoon so my 'cleaning' kind of came to a halt. Oh well.

Today is a must to get the binding down on the last of the SS gifts so I can wrap and get my parcel ready to ship tomorrow for the last Free Shipping Tuesday. So I will be working at that at least this morning. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring yet.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning all. Joy you can keep the snow and cold weather. I am not a fan of either. We have a possibility of a little snow Wed. Halloween will not be good weather for the kiddos I fear. Cold and wet.
    Yesterday I managed to get 25 lanyards made. Will be working on ID wallets today.
    Have 2 of the grands with me today. My oldest GD's pet rat is passing, so she is very upset. Gabe was very sad as well. Neither got much sleep, so I kept them home. Easier on all of us allthe way around.
    Blessings to one and all. Have a wonderful day.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntiemern View Post
    Morning all. Joy you can keep the snow and cold weather. I am not a fan of either. We have a possibility of a little snow Wed. Halloween will not be good weather for the kiddos I fear. Cold and wet.
    Yesterday I managed to get 25 lanyards made. Will be working on ID wallets today.
    Have 2 of the grands with me today. My oldest GD's pet rat is passing, so she is very upset. Gabe was very sad as well. Neither got much sleep, so I kept them home. Easier on all of us allthe way around.
    Blessings to one and all. Have a wonderful day.
    Marilyn, you are amazing! Getting all those lanyards done with your grands around! You must be the Energizer Bunny in disguise.

10. Thanks auntiemern, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Monday morning to all. Normally we go to the gym on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday but I got a call that their power has been cut off, poor management perhaps. Who know when or if they will reopen. Very sad.
    I need to go find some gray grunge to finish piecing my DGS quilt. I don't know where I bought what I have, somewhere in WV or Pa. I will not be going back so hope to find it locally. If not I will substitute something else for the sashing.
    Not going to the gym does free up some sewing time.

12. Thanks MSN, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    Good Monday morning to all. Normally we go to the gym on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday but I got a call that their power has been cut off, poor management perhaps. Who know when or if they will reopen. Very sad.
    I need to go find some gray grunge to finish piecing my DGS quilt. I don't know where I bought what I have, somewhere in WV or Pa. I will not be going back so hope to find it locally. If not I will substitute something else for the sashing.
    Not going to the gym does free up some sewing time.
    I love Grunge! I am so glad my good local quilt stores near me stock it! I wish I could afford to buy a bolt of ALL THE COLORS of Grunge! I put it into almost all of my quilts!

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

We were up early and out the door to drive to babysit youngest GS, about 45 mins across town. He' napping now, so we can take a break. My back is still giving me grief so I won't be rolling around on the floor. He seems to have a cough and sniffles. Hopefully this won't stop him from having his afternoon nap. I feel bad, we're not the best grandparents for babysitting the toddlers and babies. Thank God he's a cheerful baby. Still not walking, but a high speed crawler.

Yesterday I sewed on 2 borders and have figured how wide I can make the 3rd border with the fabric I have. That will be for another day.

Its supposed to be cold for Halloween. We usually go to the restaurant as we don't have kids on our street. Most are brought in by van from away. Last year I gave my DIL & DD all our decorations. Monique - it's food you are going thru stuff. I feel like I'm in a purge mode also.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe from the cold, rain and fires.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a sky full of sunshine here in Central Illinois.. I have a bed full of puppies.. well, not actual puppies, just my 3 boys snuggling down under the covers to get warmed up after a trip outside. It's a little "crisp" out there.

Got a kitchen to clean up then I can head to my sewing area. SonNL;s knee is healing nicely. DD#2 had to head into work early as her eye appoint is right before working hours. Just routine stuff now. I hope all the emergencies and Have To's are over for the year. 2 emergency hernia surgeries/back to back since the 1st one failed, was enough to do this ol woman in. I hate that helpless feeling you get when one of your children are under the knife. And it all happens in the middle of the night. So you feel like a zombie for a week after.

I did plan to cut out a few more "angels" and have them ready to assemble on those nights when I can't get off to sleep right away.

I bet I can get some fondling fabric done before I get the filling the dishwasher started.. Wanna race?

17. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty excited to start Angela Walter's new YouTube class today on FMQ, with and without rulers. I bought her cheater top, which is adorable, and the coordinating thread.

But it hasn't arrived! My PayPal account was charged, my bank account was debited, and then no word, no tracking number, nothing. I ordered on October 14, and I emailed on Friday, and NOTHING! I'm so disappointed. And her website says they're now out of stock on the thread.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit. I need to put on a happy face and get to other things. The classes will be available forever, so it's all good.
    Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

19. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post