Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning All,

Ready for church, since I don't know who is picking me up. If it's Jim it will be at 7, Morgan 8:30. So, I'm ready.

Yesterday, nothing much going on around here. Mike got called in, but didn't stay. We went to the Public Library warehouse which isn't far from the house. They have tons of books, CDs, DVDs, and sort of organized. I'd like to spend more time in the children's section, but searching the spines was making me dizzy. I guess I'm going to have to slow down and really take things in as I go.

No time in the sewing room yesterday. I'm seriously thinking about taking the book shelves from my sewing room and putting them in the play room. I'd have to bring the cabinets Dad made into my sewing room, but I'm not sure how it would work with all of the furniture I just bought last year. I guess the measuring tape, graph paper and I are going to have a play date soon.

Time to fix a little something for breakfast. Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Sunday Morning

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Katrina, thanks for getting us started today.

I'm staying home from church today -- still not over my cold, & bad weather is predicted. Yest. we definitely had the "warm before the storm". We started the day with frost & 34 deg., but the high temp. by 1 p.m. was 80 deg. & a beautiful sunny day. I put on my old clothes & mustered up enough energy to empty the 2 patio pots of the purple fountain grass, trim back the perennials in the front porch flower bed, & raked enough leaves to tuck around the bases of my 2 clematis. We're expecting some very cold temps., down into the single digits, & I wanted the roots protected. It looks like we'll be getting snow today through Wed. The snow totals vary, but 5-10" over all seems to be the ave. I'm not looking forward to driving in the snow.

This eve. I'll watch David Jeremiah on TV; I enjoy his preaching. He & Chuck Swindoll are 2 of my favorites. I plan to take it easy today.

4. Thanks SallyO'Sews, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Katrina and everyone,

Friday and Saturday were our last days of "fall" I think....temps in the 50's. The next 10 days will stay in the 30's. I just dread winter coming. I'd stay in the house all winter if I could.

Yesterday was a work day at JoAnns, and today will be as well. Saturday was crazy busy,,,,I don't know where all the people came from! There were good sales on fleece, and a 20 percent off total purchase coupon which most customers used.

As far as the sewing room goes, I finished a SS gift on Thursday and 3/4 of another one. I hope to get that one done tomorrow, then I work again on Tuesday.

Have a blessed and restful Sunday.
    Jeanne

6. Thanks baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. I spent most of the day in the sewing room. My friend Lynda stopped in for a quick visit. I finished the applique piece I was working on, now to find a backing for it. I also worked on the Smitten's table runner. Here is a link to the pattern for those interested. https://www.quiltingcompany.com/Quil...quilt-pattern/

I was following the pattern but the corner triangles were not working for me, so I made them 11" instead of 9". I think I will work on that today. Hubby will be back sometime today.

It is a very rainy day today, and it rained all night as well. It will be a good day to stay in and sew. The only time I went out yesterday was to go to Bonnie's and water the tree and just a general look around.

Have a blessed Sunday my friends, catch you tomorrow.
    Last edited by Monique; October 27th, 2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

8. Thanks baslp, cv quilter, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!
    I’m sitting in the dark typing this on my cell phone. They cut our power at 8:30 last night. They say it could be out for five days. Goodness knows what we will do without power for that long. Worst of all they say the cell towers are on backup batteries and are expected to go down too. Then we will really be cutoff. Oh well, we will have to make the best of it somehow. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday with lots of time to rest and play.

Jeannette

10. Thanks baslp, Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone,

What a difference a day makes. It's dull, dreary and it's been pouring all night and all day. This will probably bring down the remaining leaves off the trees. Our gingko will be last to go bare. It feels like the last of fall, and of course, we are not winterized. DH still has to close the pond, put away lawn mower, bring snowblower from shed to garage. I still have plenty of cutting back. Joy, I haven't cut the clematis yet, one year I forgot and they were fine the next year. I cut them back early spring. The roses are still flowering, so I hate to cut their back. I guess we still have time this week as its expected to be sunny.

I spent the afternoon with mom at bingo, and then she likes to share a beer at happy hour. I brought in peanuts as they don't have snacks. Her vision is definitely getting worse. We also put up a wall cabinet in my sewing room with Sweet 16. It was a find at a garage sale and perfect for the area. Today my step-son is coming over with his big comforter to wash it. His washer is not large enough and drying would take hours. I may not get much done today, as my back has been sore.

Tomorrow we babysit Baby Michael at their house. It will be an early start. I wish he was walking as this might be difficult to lift him.

Have an enjoyable day. Be safe Jeannette - can you get away to a power area? Be careful Joy if you are out driving in snow.

Edit - I did clean out and reorganized the mud room, off the garage. Now we have space for a bar fridge, to put soft drink, beer or whatever. I looked around a few stores and will compare prices. I don't want a freezer space. Wine fridges seem to have more adjustable shelf space, but I need to check out if they are cold enough.
    Last edited by SuzanneOrleansOntario; October 27th, 2019 at 10:11 AM.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks baslp, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's a rainy one here today. But we had great weather for our CT getaway. Thursday was perfect for the Essex Steam train and riverboat trip. The colors were beautiful and we even got to see a bald eagle sitting in a tree by the river. We got back Friday afternoon and then had a goodbye get together for a former co-worker. Yesterday we had our Lily's 4th birthday party. So it has been a pretty busy few days.

Today will be a good sewing room day. I hear it calling to me.

Katrina, isn't it fun to redesign things on graph paper! So much easier than trying it out physically and then realizing it won't work. Joy, sorry to hear that cold is still hanging in there. Good idea to stay home today with the wintry weather you are having. Jeanne, I get that "I just want to stay in and hibernate" feeling sometimes in the winter too. Although not when it snows. I really like snow. Suzanne, be careful lifting Baby Michael tomorrow. Jeanette, good luck with the power situation out there. So crazy. Monique, I will check out that tablerunner pattern.

Have a nice, restful Sunday everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone....I stayed in bed late this morning because I had a restless night of ups and downs.

I would love to get some sewing done today but it looks like a slim chance. Jeff wants me to work with him in the garage. It's cold and quite foggy this morning. Yesterday it rained all day. We got a lot accomplished at the apartments but we have to go again next weekend to finish up.

Joy, be careful driving in the snow if you have to go out.

Have a blessed Sunday

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. It is raining here. It is 65 outside, so it will not be a cold rain. I use a Radar app to monitor the storms, so I can run the dogs out when there is a lull. We went to Ikea to buy the smaller shelves. DH is building it as I type.

I have been doing a lot of seam ripping . I sewed 10 blocks wrong. I am glad that I caught it early before I sewed all the blocks together. It is definitely difficult to sew accurately when watching the puppy.

Stay dry and warm if it is raining or snowing in your neck of the woods.
    Beth

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Suzanne ~ Re: cutting back the clematis -- I've always cut mine back in the spring. They do fine.

Well, it soon will be noon. What have I accomplished? I stocked up on raw peanuts, raw slivered almonds, & pecans on Fri. when I went to Sprouts Mkt. They have a large section of bulk foods. It's the only place in town where I can get raw peanuts. I got them packaged up into smaller plastic bags & stored in the freezer, did DH's medical procedure (an every other day thing), had breakfast & did the dishes, & steamed my sinuses for 20 min. I tried to watch the video lecture from BSF last Wed., but it just kept buffering, so I gave up on that. I'm getting ready to fix a c. of coffee & work on my Bible study lesson.

The snow started maybe about 6:30 this a.m. So far, it's been light. Temp. is 30 deg. The weather web site still is predicting 2-4" today & tonight, with more coming tomorrow.

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post