Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Today we'll be having the "warm before the storm", which is a common weather pattern around here. It made it up to 70 yest. & it's supposed to be that today. They are predicting freezing rain during the night, switching to snow tomorrow a.m. & lasting until Mon. It will be a slow mover, so we'll get more snow this time. I've heard 1-4", 4-8", and 5-10". For sure, we're in for some precip. + some very cold temps., maybe down into the single digits. If I can muster up enough energy after it warms up today, I need to rake enough leaves to cover the roots of my 2 clematis & empty 2 flower pots on the patio. I'll see how I feel later on.

I didn't do any sewing yest. I just took it easy. I'm still steaming my sinuses 2-3 times a day. I plan to stay home from church tomorrow.

I learned this week that our campus pastor is retiring effective Nov. 30. (We are one church in 2 locations.) It was his wife who had the brain surgery a few weeks ago. Although the 2 tumors were benign she's having radiation in hopes they won't grow again. She had a previous brain surgery in Sept. of last year. It's been a tough time for them. He wants to spend more time with his family.

DS#1 made it home safely last night to Baltimore from Seattle.

Time to fix DH's breakfast. Enjoy your week end.

2. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Saturday Morning Hellos! :)

Happy Saturday Morning!

Local weather says we will have a wet and windy weekend -- highs today around 57 with rain. Perfect weather to work on clearing out my home office and turning it into a sewing annex...which was the plan last weekend.

I'm taking two days off next week to visit memory care facilities for Mom. The local paper had an article a couple of years ago with the top-rated nursing homes in the area, so I went through the list and found four that have memory care on site. I called all of the facilities for appointments yesterday. The one intake guy reminded me of a used care salesman; that tour should be interesting.

My other plan for this weekend is to make a fabric pumpkin / jack o'lantern from the M* live video this week. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zntL41gy7VU I haven't been doing much sewing lately, and this looks like a quick, easy project. I think I will make it smaller with 2.5" squares.

Have a great weekend!

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Our last nice day before we get some rain. Yesterday I went back to the gym and met w/ my trainer. I also found the time and energy to start sewing more blocks for the quilt I am making for my DD’s friend.

I want to go to Ikea this afternoon to return some shelves and get a different size. Then I can get serious about organizing my fabric and patterns.

Have a good day.
    Beth

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning Joy and all who follow,

It's sunny and crisp today, but we are expecting rain Sunday onwards and colder for Halloween. Yesterday I went with DH for hearing appt. He will get hearing aids in a few weeks. I'm surprised he didn't resist, but I think he realizes that this will also help to prevent further strain and deterioration of hearing. When we came home, I cut more fabric for border, and started piecing Seminole blocks. I'm not sure which way to press. The pattern doesn't show this small area. I'm thinking open seams. I also spoke to my GF In FL. Their AC died, and it's been in the 90s with humidity. New one goes in next Monday.

I'm feeling time crunched. Today I will spend time with mom at bingo, and it's also my DD anniversary. I need to make some sugar snowflake cookies for GD birthday next week - Frozen & princess theme. Also we are babysitting GS Monday. DH also has 2 other medical appts next week, but I can't go for one of them as our schedules conflict. My ails and hair need refresh. I'm also trying to get ready for a craft show, so I put tags and prices on items yesterday. I really don't want to keep doing these, but I have stock to off load, so I have more storage space.

Time to get my day started. Have a good day. Stay warm. Stay dry. Be safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon all,

Mike was supposed to be off today, but got called in only to find out someone beat him there. So he came home. We went out to breakfast. I'm still stuffed. We went to the library warehouse sale. They had a lot of books for kids. It just made me very dizzy looking for books on the shelves, I guess from my pitiful field of vision and trying to take everything in.

I have laundry started. Two loads today. I did sheets for my bed yesterday. Naturally, I forgot to grab the towels. So, they'll be at the bottom of the laundry hamper for next laundry day.

Time to get busy and get something done around here. Have a great weekend. Good Luck to all of the craft salers.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon everyone. It is still a beautiful sunny day here. I was up WAY too early this morning so I was washing the kitchen floor at 3:30 this morning. At around 4:30 I went back to bed and slept until 6:30. Vacuum got done at that hour. OYE!!!!! I had coffee and made myself breakfast and got the dishes done. Next was a shower.

I got out all my SS gifts and weighed them thinking the box would be too heavy for free shipping Tuesday, but it isn't. YAY!!! So these will be wrapped individually and then off they go to their forever home on Tuesday.

I had a nap earlier and now just sitting here fiddling away at nothing in particular.

I guess I should go back to my sewing room.

Enjoy the rest of your day, friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reminder, Monique. I've everything wrapped up, but I've yet to bring in the box I think will work to see if it will or not.

My MIL, asked me to shop for Jim's family and Mike this year. So, I guess I'll start listening for hints for the kids. I know I'll be getting them clothes, underpants, panties, and socks for sure. I've picked up Morgan silver dollars for them. Something for fun will be it from Grandma. Jim and Morgan... I'm clueless. Even more clueless about what to get Mike.

Christmas movies are already on three channels. I just can't do it yet. lol
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

It turned out to be a cold rainy day and I layered on the clothes before heading out the door for a short shopping trip. Got all the pups light sweaters clean, bedding clean and their baths yesterday. They found something weird to roll in and it didn't smell good to me.. I'm sure they thought differently.

Got a bunch of apples to peel and slice for an apple pie, so better getter done. Otherwise I could just hibernate for awhile. How's that for getting ready for Christmas?? Do you think I could get fired? (yeh, I need a vacation)

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Granny Judy, I have one of those apple peeler/corer/slicer gadgets. I picked it up at a local home improvement store for $5 or so. It works the same as what Pampered Chef sells for a lot more $$. Although it doesn't do a perfect job, I can really fly through prepping apples for a pie. Hmmm, I'm thinking I will need to bake soon.....

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post