Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Friday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Friday!

Good morning friends. It is still dark out there. I think today will be a nicer day. I did not even venture outdoors yesterday at all.

Hubby will be headed up to the camp later today so I will have a few days all to myself. I have put projects aside that I want to get done this weekend. I will pretend that I am at a retreat, the only difference being that my meals will not be made for me, LOL!!

So that is what hopefully will be happening here this weekend. I wish everyone a great weekend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Friday!

Good Morning Monique and Everyone, It's still dark here, too. We will be changing our clocks back one hour soon.

The storm we were told was descending on us didn't amount to much. It drizzled rain all day yesterday and our temperature is much colder.

We have to put in a full day at the apartments tomorrow so I am going to try to have a slow day today. Jeff has to work a double shift tonight so it will be a long day for both of us.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday. Hugs.....

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Friday blessings for everyone. As I type, we've got dark skies here, too. The weather is promising us lots of rain, so it'll be a "dash out to run errands between heavy rains" kind of day.

Today I make a "Magical Baby Pan" costume for a best friend's 4 month old, to wear when they visit the Texas Renfest next month. I don't make alot of baby items, and I'm still surprised how fast it is to make little tiny things.

It's also time to clear out a bedroom (that had been turned into storage while we renovated our house) and reorganize what I want to keep into my new studio space. Wish me luck!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Yest. it warmed up to 52 deg. & all the snow melted away, except in a few shady areas. It's supposed to be 60 today & close to 70 tomorrow, before the next system comes through, with possibly more snow, Sun. into Mon. It's a chilly 28 deg. this a.m.

Today is our Lady Bugs potluck lunch, but I'm going to stay home. I hate to miss because we have so few potlucks any more, but I'm still not feeling up to par. I may venture out to the groc. for a few needed items.

Yest. afternoon I pieced the FQ strips for the 5" wide outer border on the latest baby quilt. The top now is done. I need to cut the backing fabric, then sandwich it & get it ready for quilting. The baby shower is Nov. 12.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

6:59 a.m. and it's still dark. No I didn't catch the weather and the tv is off. Don't want to wake the "boys". They are sleeping like little angels in their kennels.. in my room. Yea, I kinda spoil them. Got their little heating pads ready for wintery nights and washed all their sweaters and little blankets. So when that cold wind blows, they'll be toasty warm. Each boy has his own kennel and drawer for winter.

No plans for today. The knee surgery went well for snil... He will start PT nov 4. Meanwhile, it is use the crutches and relax in the rocker/recliner. DD#2 is off to work.. doing short days til he is back on both feet. I get to play nurse during the day, then she gets the night shift. (he's really a very nice patient. not demanding at all: as long as you feed him. lol!)

No plans or a to do list for today.. it's just take the day as it comes. I did plan a nap somewhere in there as it was a short night for me. just ol' body aches and pains.. I call them "moan and groans" . The ol body gets stiff when I lay in one position for long. As My Granny always said (and I can still hear her voice in my head) "Get up and move. Won't get any better just layin' there." And you know what?? She's right!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All.

I worked on the baby quilt yesterday. I was making good progress when Jim called. I realized I was hungry and fixed my lunch. By then, Mike called and was on the way home from work. It was after dinner before I got back to the quilt. The panel part is done. The quilt squares are next to be done. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with them last night.

Morgan's birthday is Saturday. She's off, Jim's off and once Esther is home from preK, they'll have the afternoon to do family things today. I doubt that I'll hear from them until Sunday. Mike wants to go to the airshow at the beach tomorrow. I think I'll let him go. Getting into a crowd down there isn't high on my list of things to do. There's a vision expo Saturday, too. I doubt that I'll be able to go, if he goes to the beach.

Time to get busy or I won't get this quilt finished. I've been thinking about the card. I'm going to see if I can make the giraffe that Let's Make Art has a tutorial for, with the paints I have available.

Joy, I hope you feel better. It's hard to miss things that you enjoy doing.

Thayer, I love to reorganize. lol, not. My sewing room is becoming more of a classroom with Montessori materials for the grandkids. I'm beginning to think I need to take the cabinets my Dad made for my teen bedroom out of the play room and swap them with the cabinets in my sewing room. Sigh... won't my kids love that! Well, that's not going to happen any time soon! Neither one has time to deal with that!

Barb, enjoy your slow day. Monique, a private retreat! What a great idea. That's me when Mike works... if I get up and there's no home school.

Have a great day everyone!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. We are expecting a rainy messy day today. I plan to stay home and try to finish a couple of quilting projects. One is a secret pal gift, the other is my nieces quilt that I'm still fighting with on the FMQ. I told myself that I need to have them finished before the Houston Quilt show! It's next weekend & a friend & I have our arrangements made and are ready to go! Woohoo!

A few weeks ago we noticed water stains on the ceiling in our den. We had a roofer check the roof for us & found out we had hail damage from a hail storm in May. We had no idea it had damaged the roof. The hail was small but apparently big enough to cause a problem. So after coordinating a roofer & insurance adjuster to check the roof, we are having it replaced in a couple of weeks.

A local cultural center invited our quilting guild to have an exhibit of quilts from our guild in their center for a month. The opening reception was last night. There are about 70 quilts in the exhibit. I was surprised when they posted the announcement on their FB page......they used one of my wall hangings ! Here's the link. Surprised and happy about that.

https://www.facebook.com/HenningCulturalCenter/

Hope you all have a good day.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5AA8422-5DFA-4975-AD82-BA370DEC7630.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	161106
    This little cutie spent the night after our family dinner last night. Max is staying with us until we leave for our leaf peeping trip at noon. There is a 100% chance of rain for tomorrow but we’re going anyway. I have a king size quilt ready to hand bind so I will be happy. Hubby is sorting through movies to take. Good thing I didn’t get rid of them when I cleaned the basement cabinets!

Have a wonderful weekend everybody.
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,
    Funny thing when you get up late, the sun is already up. DH was up part of the night, and then so was I. It's sunnier today, but we are stiff and sore from yardwork, so I will try and take it easy today. I did visit mom yesterday to bring out some of her winter sweaters and put away summer colours. She was at a tea, they hold with 6-8 residents at a time. They talk about old traditions, places they have lived and food they loved to eat. I stayed the while, but then at 3pm, the area turns into a bar, where they serve wine and beer. She wanted to share a beer, but I said I couldn't as I would be driving. Truth be told, I had errands to run.

As I was leaving, I met a woman who was visiting her sister 83 who has dementia. She was distraught at her condition. She has been there a few months and is truly paranoid and dillusional. I suggested that she attend one of the sessions for families of Alzeimher patients. I t can help her deal with her own anxiety. I think I will be seeing her often. There are many children who spend their entire day with their aging parents. Some have been doing it for years. I would find that difficult, given I'm also helping my kids, grandkids and DH who needs me at times, like today to go with him for another medical appt.

I will make some freezer meals today and start piecing the Seminole border. I think it will go together quickly. A few loads of laundry and that a full day.

Monique - enjoy your mini retreat. I think sometimes these are the best, although I do like the comaraderie of women at retreats.
    Robin - your GS is darling. Enjoy your road trip.
    Katrina - sounds like you are going to have your own retreat as well. Enjoy your peace & quiet.
    Joy - been seeing the snow in Colorado, and please don't send our way yet. I'm rather enjoying the fall colours and cooler temps. Rest up, and get better.

Have an enjoyable day.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

13. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Just popping in for a quick hello. No time to dawdle...my shows are creeping up fast, and that means a hard push to get as much done as I can
    Blessings to all.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

15. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post