Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default All About Aprons!!! Easy at Home Sewing Project from Jordan Fabrics

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: All About Aprons!!! Easy at Home Sewing Project from Jordan Fabrics

Oh, she makes it seem so easy... but mine never turn out that nice.

3. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Grandma making aprons. For the life of me, I can't remember how she stored them or if they went into the laundry every night.
    Anyway, I preferred the aprons that had one long strap, that went through a casing so you could adjust it to fit around the neck. I made two for Mom and they helped to be able to get them high enough without making it look like a bib.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

5. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been making my own aprons for years. Nothing fancy, but practical. I can get one out of a yard of fabric, or 3 FQs with piecing. I have a hook on the inside of my pantry door where I hang them.

7. Thanks Thayer Abaigael thanked for this post
    Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

This is great tutorial to inspire creativity. Aprons are wonderfully customizable, and one needn't be bound to given dimensions (If you're shorter, make the neck strap shorter; if you're bigger, make the apron body and/or bib wider). I think the only thing I change is the direction I cut the apron body. I prefer the drape (even when using a quilting cotton) of the straight of goods, and would cut with the lengthways, and not crossways.