Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good Morning, Thursday! :)

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Probably Monique or someone else is posting at the same time.

Well, we got snow! Yup! It looks like 3" on the top of the picnic table. A very wet snow. The streets are not covered, but look like they could be icy. I did a quick check on snow totals around the state. It looks like Boulder got 6". It was worst S. of Denver & between Colo. Spgs. That area freq. gets more snow. We needed the moisture.

I actually made it to the sewing room yest. p.m. for maybe 90 min. I made a start on a baby quilt for the upcoming shower next mo. I'm using a panel. I added one border, & will be adding a 2nd, wider border. It will need to be pieced, since the fabric is from FQs. The panel is only 24" wide, so I need to make it wider. It felt good to accomplish something. I'll do more sewing today.

Last eve. I watched Survivor & the special on Prince Harry & Meghan in Africa. It must be very hard to live in a "fish bowl" with the press constantly following you around. I sensed that Meghan really is struggling with that. Harry still lives with the tragedy of what happened to Princess Diana & wants to protect his wife & baby.

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good Morning, Thursday! :)

Thank you Joy, I slept in this morning. It doesn't happen very often. It did take me quite a while to fall back asleep after hubby came to bed.

Yesterday was a very lazy day. I have this pattern that I have been wanting to make so late yesterday afternoon, I dug out Christmas fabrics. It is a very easy applique of small mittens and I will be making a table runner. So I worked on that and got my mittens ironed down. Now I have to stitch them. I have picked out sashing so this should go together quite quickly.

So I think I shall work on that today. Hubby is going away to the camp for the weekend so I will have two days all to myself. Hmm, wonder what I shall do?

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCY View Post
    Good Morning, Everyone ~ Probably Monique or someone else is posting at the same time.u

Well, we got snow! Yup! It looks like 3" on the top of the picnic table. A very wet snow. The streets are not covered, but look like they could be icy. I did a quick check on snow totals around the state. It looks like Boulder got 6". It was worst S. of Denver & between Colo. Spgs. That area freq. gets more snow. We needed the moisture.

I actually made it to the sewing room yest. p.m. for maybe 90 min. I made a start on a baby quilt for the upcoming shower next mo. I'm using a panel. I added one border, & will be adding a 2nd, wider border. It will need to be pieced, since the fabric is from FQs. The panel is only 24" wide, so I need to make it wider. It felt good to accomplish something. I'll do more sewing today.

Last eve. I watched Survivor & the special on Prince Harry & Meghan in Africa. It must be very hard to live in a "fish bowl" with the press constantly following you around. I sensed that Meghan really is struggling with that. Harry still lives with the tragedy of what happened to Princess Diana & wants to protect his wife & baby.
    Joy I watch both them also. Megan seems to be really struggling, and I understand that. I wonder if they will go somewhere else to live. And Prince Harry, was very sad about his mother, the interviewer seemed very caring too.

6. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Joy, you can keep your snow. I do not like the white stuff. Monique, make sure you post pics of your runner. More craft show sewing for me today. Ready to be done sewing, so I can work on embroidery stuff. I may do some ITH vinyl gift card holders. I bought Christmas printed vinyl a while back, and just remembered what I bought it for. I am going tomake a quick run to buy another bunch of fabric for $10. These are mostly licensed. Looks like a decent amount from the pic.
    Need to take my little man to school.
    Wishing all a blessed day, filled with love and happiness. Later peeps.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

8. Thanks Monique, sewbizzy, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning All.

It seems early for snow. lol, of course, I can't imagine snow here at all, but that's alright.

I did manage to sandwich the baby quilt. It's sitting there on my ironing board waiting for me to come in and work on it. lol, it can wait until I've finished my coffee. Since Zeke won't be here, I'm hoping to get the quilting done between today and tomorrow. I'd like to have it finished before the end of the weekend.

Family pictures are next week. The two blouses I ordered came in, I love them both. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather. The photographers moved to a small house studio, so there's not room for all 7 of us, we'll have to have pictures on the beach. I'll have to text Joe to know which way pictures go for Dot's picture walls. Kids are 8x10 and grands are 5x7, Jim's kids pictures are in the living room. lol, maybe I'll just see what I like and send those. I doubt she'll raise a fuss either way. She rather have pictures that stuff she doesn't need.

Last night I watched Survivor. Mike went to bed at 9, so I went to bed and watched some YouTube's and went to sleep before 10. I must have really been tired since I slept until almost 8.

Time to get busy, Mike will be home in just a couple of hours.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. Thanks Monique, baslp, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,
    It's an overcast morning, and the yard looks bare, now that we have cut back the bushes, trees and perennials. The leaves are falling slowly, so I will rake again in a few days. Dahlia is still blooming. And we are both stiff and sore from 5+ hrs of yardwork. Tylenol Arthritis will be my friend today. .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	186.9 KB 
ID:	161088

I worked on borders for hanging garden. Today will be a slow day. We will go to LQS in Carleton Place this aft, so I can pick up my free metre of fabric. This ends a year of free metre a month. Not much planned.

Have an enjoyable day. Be cautious if you are getting winter or bad weather.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

12. Thanks Claire Hallman, Monique, baslp thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Snow! I love a good ole snowy day, or week, but I'm not quite ready for that yet. Hubby decided yesterday we are going to Southern Illinois in the motorhome this weekend to go leaf peeping. It's something easy for him to do since all he has to do is drive. This way I can keep him from doing too much.

I finished binding two quilts last night that I just posted in Show and Tell. Every time I look at the pictures I giggle. I finished them as they were give to me, not done and wonky!

Tonight we are having a family dinner. I have my second batch of red hot applesauce in the instant pot, brownies are made and the house is tidied up. Just need to dust mop and dust. I'm going to lunch with friends so some of my work will have to wait.

Two quilts bound, three to go before I can start another project. I will have to get the binding sewn down so I can finish hand sewing in the motorhome this weekend.

Blessings,
    Robin
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario, baslp thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. We made it back to Philly last night. We were late leaving Rapid City . We had to wait for our plane got de- iced. We ended up running to catch our plane to Philly. Now I have a lot of laundry to do. The dogs went crazy when we greeted them.

I did get to a quilt shop before we left. I found a pattern for a panel. So I bought all the coordinating fabrics. Thank goodness I had room to pack it in one of the suitcases I brought. I wish I could get back to SD more often to visit this shop. I think that they had a sign that said— over 5000 bolts of fabric.

Have a good day. No wind or sleet here . It will be a nice 63 degree day.

Beth

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I got to sleep in!! usually the dogs start fussing around 5 a.m. So I jump up and let them out. It was cold enough this am to wear my heavy, fuzzy house coat and ear muffs. We all snuggled under the covers and I dropped off to sleep.. again.

So I will be playing catch up for the rest of the day.. but I sure enjoyed that extra snooze. I only have laundry on the "to do" list for today.. that and a scheduled hour quilting on the "barn" quilt. Just doing a little each day and it will be done without a lot of stress.

I found a contact phone number for the Last of the siblings of my Aunts & Uncles. Gram had 13 children and Uncle Orville is the last living. And if that was lucky,, you must think I've got special powers if I tell ya one of my fav cousins found me on facebook. Gads, it's been years and 2 husbands ago that we last talked. (her husbands). And she has a brother that my mother raised for a couple of years. age 1 to age 3. AND I got both their numbers. So I am gonna set aside time to call them both. The chat room at fb just isn't enough to re connect after being apart for so long. I just gotta hear that giggle of hers. She has the bestest laugh of all my cousins!!

Yup, the Lord sent me a blessing or two for this day. (Thank you, Lord!)

18. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Back again ~ Oh, it was a winter wonderland when I opened the drapes at daylight. That wet snow clung to all the tree branches, shrubs, the chain link fence, etc. It was beautiful. I didn't take any pics. I already have so many snow pics. The sun came out with blue sky; the snow sparkled. The snow rapidly is drifting down from the branches. Patches of green already are showing through on the lawn. With the warm up, the snow won't last long. In 2 days we're supposed to be in the upper 60's.

It's not too early for snow here. The earliest snow I remember in the 41 yrs. we've lived here was 8" of wet snow on Sept. 20. That was unusually early. Of course, all the trees still had their leaves. There was a lot of tree damage in the Denver Metro area & all along the Front Range.

Leaf peeping is over for Colo. Usually the best viewing for the aspens, etc. in the mts. is late Sept. to the first part of Oct. It depends on the elevation. We still have some color in town, the red maples. But the over riding color in this area is yellow. Red maples are not native, but have been planted around the city. When he was in better health, DH & I used to drive up to Estes Park & through Rocky Mountain National Park to view the colors & see the elk. We rarely saw any big horned sheep. Those days are over. He has no interest or energy to go anywhere anymore. Robin ~ Enjoy your leaf peeping outing.

20. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post