Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello Wednesday!

Good morning friends. We have sunshine this morning. Yesterday turned into a yucky day with heavy rains all day and into the night.

I did drag myself to Guild with two other ladies. I made a few pitstops along the way. At Guild, there was fabric that was being given away so yes I took some. By the time I got home, it was time for supper. I was in bed early as I was very tired. I did have help staying asleep and just got up a little while ago.

Hubby works his night shift today. Not sure what I will work on today.

Have a blessed Wednesday friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Claire Hallman thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello Wednesday!

Always glad for Wednesday to roll around since we don't go to the gym today. I guess I could stay home any day but I do need the exercise.
    It looks like a beautiful sunny day today, a bit cool but I am glad for that.
    I need to rip out some walking foot quilting I did yesterday, got some puckering going on that needs to be redone. This is for my DS and DIL for Christmas so it need to be as good as I can do.
    I had my yearly check up yesterday and I am good for another year, I do have a ganglion cyst on the arch of one foot but so far it is not too bothersome and maybe it never will be. I am supposed to get in touch with an ortho surgeon if necessary.
    My BP was great at 107/70 with no meds, yeah, since it was somewhat elevated the last time it was checked.
    Have a beautiful week, friends.

4. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. I had overnight company last night. Gabe wanted to spend the night with his Granny. Since his mom has better hours, he doesn't get to spend as much time with us, even though he sees us almost daily. I treasure these times, as he is getting older. Need to get him up in a few to get him ready and off to school. Today will be another push day on items for the upcoming craft shows. I made some STL. Cardinals, and Blues ID wallet lanyards. I will be working on those today as well. The first show is sneaking up on me fast. The first weekend in November. Hubby is off bow hunting with his son at Ft. Leonard Wood. (about an 1.5 hrs away). Other than sewing, not sure what the day will bring. I did promise Robin I would get pics of my mountain of bowl cozy's posted, so I will try to do that some time today.
    Have a blessed day one and all. Remember to smile, and at least pet some fabric today.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

6. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

As promised, I'm going to be more than a lurker on the forum. As I said yesterday, hubby has been sleeping in my sewing room since his surgery so my time has been limited. Well, last night be moved back into the bedroom. I didn't get any sleep. Two weeks of sleeping by myself, him up going to the bathroom every two hours, and snoring loudly, kept me awake. We will get used to each other again, it's just a change in routine.

I did get binding sewn on a quilt while watching the ballgame last night. My husband's 94 year old aunt gave me two very old quilt tops. One was a wedding ring and the other is a mystery to me. I had them machine quilted and am binding them to give away at a family reunion in June. I will post pictures when they are both done and may y'all can help me with the pattern. I'm shocked at how well the quilter did because they weren't very well put together. I have three more quilts to bind before I let myself start anything else.

Today will be spent running errands and the final mowing of my 4 yards. I'm heading out now to run then hoping the temp will be a little warmer that 42 degrees when I get back to mow. I have to be done in time to get ready for a 3:30 meeting. Sauerkraut soup is out of the freezer and in the crock pot for supper tonight.

Blessings to all,
    Robin
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

8. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. It's a nice fall day here today. We are heading up to CT for a few days. Looking forward to it.

Marilyn, those microwave bowl cozies are always good sellers at my craft fairs. You sure are a busy bee with all those other things you are making. Claire, glad to hear your checkup was good. Monique, have an easy day. Sounds like you need a rest

Ok, time to get going. Traffic should be lighter now so we're headed out. Have a good day all.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ I was here at 6 a.m., but didn't take time to start the daily thread. Today is Bible Study Fellowship, but I decided to stay home because of my head cold. Still not feeling great, & I didn't want to expose the ladies to my germs. I'll enjoy being at home & taking it easy. I have a good book in progress.

This week I watched Donna Jordan's tutorial on "Balancing Act"; there's a free PDF pattern you can print off. She used Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I might try this one, but I wouldn't make it as big as hers. I probably would make it scrappy. I have a lot of FQs on hand.

Parts of Colo. are under a winter storm warning for tonight -- mostly the foothills & areas S & W of Denver, where they freq. get higher snow totals. I doubt if we'll see much, if any, here. It's supposed to move through quickly.

There is another baby shower coming up next mo. at church. I have one finished boy quilt in my stash, but I need to sandwich & quilt a finished top I have on hand.

12. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Yesterday one of the boys and I drove up to Winterset, IA to get two John Wayne quilt kits. It was a pretty drive as the trees are turning and the sun was shining. What I like about the quilt kit that they have put together is there are not the same as the Riley Blake design. The quilt shop's is bigger and has a lot fewer stars - I was dreading cutting and sewing all those stars. Instead of stars, there are movie strips so you get to see the movie posters with a few stars added in. While we were there, I picked up the backing for the quilts - I really like the movie poster fabric as it has a lot of his movie posters on it.

I started cutting out the fabric for a custom quilt I was asked to make. I am going to get the photo blocks all framed with fabric first then move on to cutting out the rest of the fabric that I need to use. Not sure if I will get back into the sewing room today as I think I am going to run ds to get his new glass frames as his old ones got ruined and they are still under warranty so there won't be any cost to us. And while we are at the city, I am going to go ahead and get a few groceries as milk especially is cheaper at Aldi's than it is here. I did a major stock up two weeks ago so that isn't a whole lot that I do need to get a the moment.

I'm off to take children to piano lessons.

Have a great day everyone

14. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone - it's a lovely day today with what the weatherman calls abundant sunshine. It's strange that as warm as it will be, any day we could have snow. I still haven't gotten out my cold weather clothes.
    I was planning on working on some quilt blocks today, but it was so beautiful I decided to take the dogs for a walk. Then the dumpster that my husband ordered just arrived, so I guess we'll be busy loading all the junk that accumulates in a year. It was supposed to get done over the summer but it kept getting put off.
    Our daughter just accepted a job offer that came out of the blue on Monday. It is a job related to the natural gas industry, and is what her degrees are in, and the pay is phenomenal. In spite of the fact that she has no real debt, her current job doesn't pay a living wage and she has been living with us for a couple of years. It will mean more motel living and the dogs must stay with us, but she'll be back to having a career instead of just a job. Poor thing is excited but also scared to death. She's like my husband in that she doesn't like change.
    Well, lunch is over and daylight is being wasted, so it's to work for me. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day.

16. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Afternoon All,

Everyone's so busy. Today was Zeke's school day. We played with puzzles, and made a lot of "at" words with the movable alphabet. He went to potty and stayed dry all morning. Yippee! Oh for the day without pull ups or diapers!

I'm going to put my feet up for a bit then head into my sewing room. I need to sandwich and quilt that baby quilt before I start anything else, but I'm itching to work on something!

Have a wonderful day!
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

18. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Late checking in, although I was here early this morning. The gliding day for handicapped adults was cancelled, but DH stayed up after reading the email. I got up and ready. It was supposed to rain today, but didn't so we decided to tackle yardwork - cutting back shrubs and perennials, bagging leaves, about 6 hrs worth each. We will be stiff & sore. I left the geraniums, dahlias in, as they are still flowering. We will have another few days of yardwork, but not yet as we are not expecting snow for awhile. I attached border 1 of 3 on quilt. Pieced the rows to make Seminole border #2.

Yesterday was catch-ip. I drove DH to an appt. after we came home, I layed down and slept 3+ hrs. I guess I needed it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

20. Thanks Monique thanked for this post