Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Tuesday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome Tuesday

Good morning friends. Well it's over and God help us!! That's all I have say about that.

We had a fairly steady day so it went by so fast. It took about an hour to do the final count and about an hour to get everything boxed up. Got home by 11:30 last night.

I did not get much done in the way of projects. Today is Guild so I think I will go. Someone else is driving. I will meet her probably at her place.

So that's it for me. Have a wonderful day my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

2. Thanks Claire Hallman, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Welcome Tuesday

Good Morning Monique and those who follow,

Yesterday was a whirlwind. Home school went well. Boston Butt in the instapot was delicious. Dinner hit the spot in general for me anyway. The kids ate, because they wanted cornbread and their dad wouldn't give it to them until their veggies were gone. Morgan is doing the low carb thing, so I usually don't do a bread at dinner. I always have cookies for dessert for the kiddies. Last night, I couldn't slow down. It was well after 1 before I went to sleep.

Hopefully, my second day of home school will go well. J and I had time to get the watercolors out and paint one of the galaxy skies. I think he enjoyed it. Maybe that will help motivate him on those, I don't want to do anything days. lol, like Grandma might have today!

We decided on a girl color and boy color for the family pictures. Everybody will have blue jeans, guys will wear black shirts. Girls are going for purples. I said flat out, Esther needs to be wearing something colorful (I didn't want to wear black) Morgan has a variety of purple things so I said purple. I bought two shirts last night on the 'zon', neither is a solid. I picked a paisley with purple and teal, Mike picked a tie dye purple. I like them both, we'll see what they look like and I'll decide. I thought it was funny, Mike's comment was- Mom, with a sigh, you don't wear solids anymore. You'd look weird in a solid shirt. lol, I was thinking the same thing

Well, my 'I'm on the way' phone call will be here before you know it. The table is still cleared from last night. Time to get the day started.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Another chilly morning, just 32 deg. It's supposed to be in the 60's today, our warmest day for a while.

I finally heard from my gr. dau. who lives in the Dallas area. (They're in Duncanville.) After I saw on the news all the devastation of the EF3 tornado in Dallas, I was concerned. They had crazy weather, with heavy rain, some hail, but escaped the damage of Dallas proper. So thankful. I hope to talk to her soon. With 2 young sons & working PT, & involved with their church, she's really busy.

DS#2 (who lives here) goes back to work today after a week off for medical. Last week he was in excruciating pain from what turned out to be an infected cyst. He sought treatment at an urgent care. The cyst was surgically drained. He had to go back every day for 2 days for dressing changes, etc. Missing a week of work is tough on the budget, plus the unexpected med. expenses.

Today I plan to take DH's car in for emissions testing. Along the Front Range counties here in Colorado, we are required to have emissions testing every 2 yrs. when our registrations renew. Our cars are 23 & 24 yrs. old. So far they've always passed.

My tracking indicates my M* order should be arriving tomorrow. I ordered that Kaffe Fassett LC a few days ago.

Anyone following Bonnie Hunter's blog? She's in Kenya with her tour. She recently purchased a new camera. She's been posting some great pics. They visited the house (now a museum) where the movie, Out of Africa, was filmed.

6. Thanks Monique, SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all,

It was a late night for me. I tried to watch the election results but as they were coming in from the western provinces, I woke myself up snoring. So shut the light. By then the outcome was set anyway. Ii think I have to look into my snoring issue. I've had an issue but other than sleep partners and roommates on trips, doctor doesn't seem concerned.

Yesterday I unpacked my sewing gear. I did a few hours of yardwork, raking leaves and taking down the canopy. DH took down curtains from pergola, and those are washed and put away. I visited mom, and went to an activity she had suggested. Sharing recipes and making something. This was the first one, so the ladies, peeled bananas and the coordinator made strawberry banana smoothies. I picked up some vegetables, food basics on the way home.

Not sure if I will follow through on today's agenda. I was to accompany DH to medical appt. maybe not. Also go with Gf to pick up 7 quilts from LAQ and drop off more for VQC. Maybe not. Feeling run down, I guess my energy bubble is starting to leak.

Have an enjoyable day. I hope everyone is safe from the tornadoes, fires and storms affecting different areas.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

8. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Yesterday I finished up my bowl cozies for the first show (maybe). Today I plan on working on ID lanyard wallets. I have sold several already, so thinking they will be a good seller. Hopefully I can get all the wallets and wristlets done, and get a few Christmas kitchen towels embroidered. At least that is the plan. I will have the grands after school today through dinner, so I am planning on making home made potato soup. The recipe I use is delish.
    DH is off getting new tires on the truck, so it will be all ready for winter.
    Monique, sorry the election didn't go the way you wanted.
    Hoping everyone has a blessed day, and gets everything you want to do accomplished today.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

10. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario, Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,

Today is a grey overcast day so I think I will be spending some time in my sewing room. I'm doing some embroidered kitchen towels that I think will make good hostess gifts. Taking them to the craft fair and what doesn't sell will be given out as little gifts over the holiday season.

Will be an easy day as there are leftovers for dinner tonight, my kind of day, no cooking

Marilyn, wow, you are the energizer bunny with all those cosies, yes, a gal was selling them last year at the craft fair and they were good sellers.

Well, time to kick start my day, wishing everyone a good one!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

12. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

I am fascinated with all those bowl cozies you are making, Marilyn. Maybe I'll get some made next year for DD#2's co-workers. They have all been so good to her as she went thru all her chemo & radiation treatments.. And they donated their leave hours to her so she didn't have to try to work during those sickest days following chemo.

I've crocheted scrubbys and dish clothes for everyone this Christmas. There should be enough for everyone to get one of each. I find I just can't sit and watch tv without anything in my hands. So all year long I find little projects to crochet or hand sew. Since getting cataract surgery, I find I can do smaller projects with finer thread, so maybe some little doilies are in my future, too.

A couple years back, I sewed rope bowls with plain cotton clothes line and colored thread... some made really nice bowl cozies.. So I never got around to making the fabric ones. Then there was the fabric Christmas ornaments, Kitchen hanging towels, Table runners and Mug Rug years. So, I am always on the look out for little projects that make good Christmas gifts/stocking stuffers.

We have High Wind warnings out for today, so the patio furniture is secured and trash cans tied down. It is definitely getting to be colder out there and the leaves are so gorgeous!! If it wasn't for that darn cold wind, It would be perfect time to get out and enjoy these last days of Fall.

14. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've been such a lurker lately, but after seeing Marilyn and Judy jumping back into the daily thread I decided I will too.

Whew, so much has happened in my sewing room I'm just not real sure where to start. Lots of quilts have been gifted but somehow I will get pictures sized and placed in Show and Tell.

We went on a trip in May and since that time my husband and I have both had extensive dental work done, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and has had surgery, I've had company in and out several times, and gone to more weddings, wedding showers, and baby showers than I care to count. You would think I wouldn't have time for sewing but it is what calms my soul. I NEED to sew.

Since hubby's surgery the only bed he has been comfortable in is the daybed in my sewing room. That's not really a problem except I like to sew late at night and he goes to bed by 8:30-90. I'll give him another week of healing then he's getting booted back to our bedroom. I NEED to sew!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the daily thread. Things have been somewhat slow with Show and Tell so Marilyn, post pictures of what you're making for your show. I would love to see them. Will you be at the show at the high school in O'Fallon , IL by any chance?

I sure missed the Fall Forum Retreat. It got me to thinking about Debby, the Renaissance seamstress. I met her my first year and she was a regular poster on the forum. Haven't seen or heard anything from her for a long time. I know people come and go but there are some I sure do miss. I for one will try to do better at posting more frequently.

Have a wonderful day. I'm going to be in my sewing room altering blue jeans for my 90 year old father in law. Bless his heart, he decided he needed some of the new darker jeans like everybody is wearing. I asked if he wanted holes in them as well but he declined!!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

16. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all,

I thought this thread might be a good way to jump into the forum, as I am new here.

Yesterday was what I like to call a "Miserable Monday" at work. I am an office manager at a gas production plant. It is located on top of a 8000' mountain. It snowed all day Sunday and was still snowing on my way up the mountain. Slick and muddy was the order of the day. Plus everyone needed something "NOW"!

I took my daughter in law grocery shopping last night. She is only 21 and I swear no one has taught her how to shop on a budget. It was fun to watch her "get it" as we talked about the difference in the products and what would be the best buy. I helped her put a meal plan together for the week, so that she knows what to shop for and doesn't overspend on un-necessary items.

My creative plan this week is to start to tackle my sewing room. With recent illness and my daughter's wedding in September, the hoard is completely out of control. Once I get it I hand, I will work on finishing a denim rag quilt for my son. He asked for it 6 years ago and it keeps getting moved down to the bottom of the UFO's.

18. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Anna Pearl! Glad to have you join us. You live in one of my favorite states. We spent several years as volunteers in Yellowstone Snake River Ranger Station.
    I've spent the past week cleaning and getting ready for DD's visit. She arrives Friday. DS and DDIL will be returning from their dream vacation, a Safari in Kenya. I can't wait to hear all their adventures.
    I had hoped to get a quilt top finished before I had to clean up. Sometimes I wish we had not downsized! My sewing room is also the guest room. DH took over the other spare bedroom for his RC airplanes first, and now his painting. At least it keeps him busy part of the time, and I can close the door on his monster mess! I'm thinking of moving my sewing to the bonus room over the garage. The only problem is there is no bathroom so I have to maneuver the steps. I'm still thinking!
    Y'all have a great day!

20. Thanks SuzanneOrleansOntario thanked for this post